April 29, 2024, 05:25:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caravans in Both TB and RT  (Read 6769 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Caravans in Both TB and RT
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »
I think making it on one server isn't bad idea. I dunno what's the problem with TB and RT caravans. If you don't want, you don't take part in them...

Sure, I got nothing in particular against it, I guess I'm siding with beer partially here in that I think it may cause more bugs and be more time consuming than the effort is worth.

I disagree about spending time developing TB stuff as being "a waste of time" though, as one of the main reasons I avoid it is the problems, if they were "fixed" (and new TB content added) I would probably play TB just as much as RT.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 03:30:45 pm »
I find many, MANY more TB enc's opened by players.

Exactly, if you go hunting on the map for players in RT you hardly find anyone, but in TB mode player encounters show up all the time (around gunrunners/glow/hub/desert).

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »
Not so fragile. Some like tb and I understand that but man its so abuseable and people take advantage. Ofc I don't know for certain it will introduce new bugs. Maybe Kilgore can code this stuff perfect. I'm just saying from currently what tb is like. I've heard of and experiences so many bugs with it while rt is relatively well balanced and much less buggy.

And for me the drug bug has happened every single time I've entered a tb enco, and I've never tried to recreate it. It simply happens always for me. Also there is bug to get your ap back for 1 round as well as others. And every time I've dropped on a player its been rt. Unless its khans or some people making trap for khans.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 03:36:53 pm »
I'm not sayint TB is best, but some weapons are good only in TB. Especially low tier, if devs would buff low and mid tier guns to make more variety in game, I wouldnt give so much shit about TBs dungeons and caravan runs. I just miss variety in guns...I dont know what other's think about it, cause I had not that big feedback as I wanted to in my suggestion thread. I don't want to change PvP and force anyone to use them in TC etc. But PvE could use some variety, I'm quiet bored with being forced to use few armors (CA with crafting bonuses, CA mk II and Desert CA) and few top tier guns even in PvE. Little buff and as I said, I would not even cry at once about more TB etc...okay, maybe once. But not so much as now...
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 03:39:00 pm »
Well you lucky fucker, I've had that bug twice and play TB.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 03:40:16 pm »
Idk I assume it happens more to people who play rt and drop on someone tb enco maybe. I don't get it much on my pure tb troll character

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 04:28:52 pm »
I just miss variety in guns...I dont know what other's think about it, cause I had not that big feedback as I wanted to in my suggestion thread. I don't want to change PvP and force anyone to use them in TC etc. But PvE could use some variety, I'm quiet bored with being forced to use few armors (CA with crafting bonuses, CA mk II and Desert CA) and few top tier guns even in PvE.

I like variety too, seeing everyone in the same build and clothes is very :facepalm

Don't worry about feedback too much though, a player says his bit, other players agree or disagree, you hope a dev reads it, and if there are good points made, I guess you can just hope it gets added to a long list somewhere ;D

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 04:35:05 pm »
I just miss variety in guns...I dont know what other's think about it, cause I had not that big feedback as I wanted to in my suggestion thread. I don't want to change PvP and force anyone to use them in TC etc. But PvE could use some variety, I'm quiet bored with being forced to use few armors (CA with crafting bonuses, CA mk II and Desert CA) and few top tier guns even in PvE.

I like variety too, seeing everyone in the same build and clothes is very :facepalm

Don't worry about feedback too much though, a player says his bit, other players agree or disagree, you hope a dev reads it, and if there are good points made, I guess you can just hope it gets added to a long list somewhere ;D

I have long talk with Kilgore about it...he's not sure if it's best idea...
Cause noobs will cry that bandits with mausers do to them 20 dmg than 5....but for christ sake...
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 04:47:36 pm »
Removing TB would remove 90% of the people who are on Reloaded, While most active players are RT, People come to reloaded to farm, or to play TB like the old Fallout games. Like no one would join the server, they'd go to better RT ones like AOP.

But I guess no one here likes bluesuits.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »
I dont believe that is true. I'd like to see some post from kilgore with this kind of data though. But I know for a fact 90% is way too high an estimate for the amount of tb players because pvpers are all rt and make up more than 10%(I know because when uv has 15-20 and tttla has 15-20 fighting at same time in tc and there are like 130ish players online). Even when I was brand new and never did any sort of pvp I played only rt and so did all of my friends because nobody liked to wait around for 10 minutes til it was our turn again and ive met many new guys in hub who play rt/dropped in on noob encos in rt. So there are definitely a good amount of noobs who use rt as well. My honest guess would be maybe 70% rt 30% tb. TBers are just easier to find because their encos last longer and they cant run away so easy.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 05:32:49 pm »
I'm the guy who actually went out and recruited/helped most of the newbies for a few months straight at the HUB last season. 90% of the players I found played TB, most left, with the majority of those left over like Jish and Sentral moving on to RT mode.

If TB mode were gone entirely then Jish probably wouldn't be on here as opposed to AOP, If I recall correctly all we did was TB until he left to go make a name for himself.

I lost track of most of the people I helped out, but they're still on a few in the Khans, MOD, TTTLA, maybe some in the Claws Henry knows them better than I ever would though. If you remember some dude giving you a safehouse, and a set of tools when you started the game that was probably me.

Reloaded isn't the premier RT server, TB is huge enough to warrent keeping, but most active players don't use it so letting it stay buggy makes sense, and honestly even if you can abuse it, its the fault of the person getting trapped for getting baited. Since you aren't forced to enter.

I can tell you for sure I wouldn't be here without TB mode, heck I mostly TB. And without me more than 10-20 (The other 100-120 Bluesuits I helped quit anyway) bluesuits would have quit as bluesuits instead of quitting at Combat armor or joining a PVP faction. I do admit even when you help people out they'll probably quit after a while, but have a high chance of coming back since they understand the game better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:34:28 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 06:06:07 pm »
Well I suppose we can only draw on our own experiences in this. Unless kilgore can post this kind of data. I started before you so I think you never did such for me. But when I was new I was in a huge faction of noobs, many members and nobody did tb. Ofc they all quit the game except for me and maybe 2 others who all joined pvp apes. And its been a long time since I first installed but I think game may be set to rt automatically and you have to change it on your own if you want tb unless you choose it every time a nonforced enco prompts you. So this means all players who didnt play fo1-2 (like me) never even knew what tb was like so never want to switch it. This along with the favoring of rt in all public places and people not wanting to wait long time for turns indicates to me most of the playerbase will be rt. But ofc everything we think on this is just anecdotal so it would be really nice to have this kind of data.

For me the problem (aside from tb bugs that affect rt) isnt about not letting people play the game how they want, Its about people who start with tb or are taught to use tb initially missing out on half the game. And the part they do play in is very buggy unbalanced and trolly like if they get found by some guys who drop on them or lure them into tb flare trap over radio announcing free stuff and keep them at -hp for 5 hours using them as bait in order to get their friends as well. if it were in rt they would either die or get up and leave and be on their merry way because people couldnt camp them because more and more npcs spawn after a while. And thats just the tip of the tb troll iceberg.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 06:21:08 pm »
I do believe the game does start out as RT, so you'd have to make a conscious effort to swap to TB. I do agree plenty of players play Fonline without the previous fallout games, though I've found that's a rare case. Actual data would be cool, though I doubt it would mean too much with alts, and the fact I'm mostly concerned with players level 1-12 the ones who actually are joining not the end game.

I agree the last half of the game is RT, that's why most end game players do RT all the time. But removing the feature is like removing the melee skill from the tree, its a mostly useless skill that is out used by everything else. It would mean that there won't be players complaining about how Melee sucks. Instead they would have raged and left a long time ago.

I use 542 radio now a days and if you pop in everyone there uses TB and RT. They have no issue with TB and would hate it if it were removed. And they do dungeons in RT, while some might even do TC.
In Maintenance Mode.