April 29, 2024, 04:48:34 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caravans in Both TB and RT  (Read 6768 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Caravans in Both TB and RT
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 02:31:20 pm »
I could be wrong entirely there, maybe I was thinking of the city ruin tiles, I can swear I remember spawning inside a building or two, but maybe not on caravan runs.

I'm not really against the idea, I just think a TB caravan run won't be worth the time it will take for the XP, but maybe I'm wrong there too. :)

It could have 25% or 50% exp boost. Anyway it aims at old players who like TB so much, that they would like to see it in more places in game :D

Yeah, there are few big buildings with entranes. But those have at least 2-3 doorways.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 02:39:36 pm »
Tb is way too slow and buggy for that. IMO tb just causes problems/trolling and would be better if it was removed from the game completely.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »
Our murder trains have successfully attacked full Caravans before, and wiped them out.

But the caravan encounters don't tend to last very long and can be difficult to find.

That's why there's a guy in the hub who tells you where they are ;)

The information you get is incredibly unreliable.  Even with 1 person checking in hub, and relaying over teamspeak, and with multiple squads tracking the exact coordinates being relayed, and hoping that you will catch the exact encounter that the caravan may or may not have entered.   More often then not you still won't be able to get in.

You also can't distress or flare the caravan.

Try it sometime.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 02:46:57 pm »
Tb is way too slow and buggy for that. IMO tb just causes problems/trolling and would be better if it was removed from the game completely.

If you don't want to take part in this, you will not. I see no problem, dungeons are bugged with one entrance too, cause you can be bursted while spawning on exit by 2-3 guys. Is it enough bugged to be deleted from game?
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »
Why cry about something that wouldn't affect you unless you choose to take the TB caravan?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:06 pm »

The information you get is incredibly unreliable.  Even with 1 person checking in hub, and relaying over teamspeak, and with multiple squads tracking the exact coordinates being relayed, and hoping that you will catch the exact encounter that the caravan may or may not have entered.   More often then not you still won't be able to get in.

You also can't distress or flare the caravan.

Try it sometime.

True it's not reliable for the specific location, but it will tell you where they are heading so you can follow them/spy on the caravan numbers etc.

When I was trying to hunt them by myself (to see if it could be done to reasonable effect), I could tend to find them about half the time, but only on the routes I had taken before and knew what tiles they would cross.

Just by leaving the city when the driver does and following the path gives you a good chance of running into them (if you have a very high outdoorsman you need to backtrack occasionally).

I actually fought a Khan while I was alone in a caravan once, I can't remember who, but he came charging at me from across the map, we exchanged fire, he won (i was equipped for killing pleb NPCs is my excuse ;) ) with about 20 HP to spare, then the driver shot and killed him :D

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 02:53:34 pm »
Why cry about something that wouldn't affect you unless you choose to take the TB caravan?

Cause some players hate TB more than anything else in this world :D
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »
Then they should play aop?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 02:58:14 pm »
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »
Because tb is buggy unbalanced pos that makes new players assume they can play the full game that way when really they can't because all public locations are purely rt. Also trying to fix unbalanced tb mess takes away from time to develop better things in the game. Dungeons having only 1 spawn is not a bug in any way. Maybe you need to look up what a bug is. A bug is something more like there being a 30 minute max drug timer and then when your timer is almost up you drop into a tb enco for 5 seconds and have a free 2 hours of drugs after that.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 03:08:05 pm »
I like the concept of TB, it was one of the main draws of the original fallout games, but admittedly there are a few bugs and abuses that come with it in its current state and I tend to avoid it entirely unless I am hunting for SE or doing other solo PvE activities for those reasons.

IMO it would be sweet if there was an entirely TB version of the server and an entirely RT version of the server instead of trying to do both on one, surely most players would play both anyway.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:12 pm »
I like the concept of TB, it was one of the main draws of the original fallout games, but admittedly there are a few bugs and abuses that come with it in its current state and I tend to avoid it entirely unless I am hunting for SE or doing other solo PvE activities for those reasons.

IMO it would be sweet if there was an entirely TB version of the server and an entirely RT version of the server instead of trying to do both on one, surely most players would play both anyway.

I think making it on one server isn't bad idea. I dunno what's the problem with TB and RT caravans. If you don't want, you don't take part in them...
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 03:20:36 pm »
Because I don't even want to think of the gratuitous amounts of bugs coming from new tb things. Slowing development of the game type the majority of players use. And no its not only PvP apes that use rt. The vast majority of players use mainly rt. Tb is only for fo2 nostalgia, farming certain NPCs alone, and trolling/abuse. Mainly the last one.

Not only does the development time affect players not in tb but also the abuses that come of it. If someone wants to get 2 hours of drugs on an rt PvP char from shitty tb bug it certainly affects other rt players.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 03:23:35 pm »
Damn, I didn't know it's so fragile topic...
Anyway it's not depending on me, I just was happy with such a suggestion coming out from more than me. It's all, but if you are saying it will make many new bugs and will slower game development...
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 03:27:26 pm »
The drug timer one is quite rare, don't make it sound like every TB enc triggers it.   I'd like to see this majority of players as I find many, MANY more TB enc's opened by players.