April 29, 2024, 02:56:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caravans in Both TB and RT  (Read 6767 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Caravans in Both TB and RT
« on: September 08, 2015, 06:26:57 pm »
Two or more caravans spawn at a time, one will be in RT, and the other will be TB, There will be an obvious notice on which is which mode.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Caravans in Both TB and RT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
Two or more caravans spawn at a time, one will be in RT, and the other will be TB, There will be an obvious notice on which is which mode.

Long live to you and your idea :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »
Excellent suggestion :)  Now known as the CARAVAN TRAP!

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 07:11:23 pm »
Excellent suggestion :)  Now known as the CARAVAN TRAP!

In case you can stand against 4 guards, caravan master and few players.
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 08:16:29 pm »
I like it, many players including myself seem to be here for our love of Fallout 1&2 and would like to maintain more of the feel including combat stlye as much as possible with the mmo aspect being the icing on the cake.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 08:22:06 pm »
I like it, many players including myself seem to be here for our love of Fallout 1&2 and would like to maintain more of the feel including combat stlye as much as possible with the mmo aspect being the icing on the cake.

This, this and this once again.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 08:34:51 pm »
I'd like to watch that honestly, raiders actually attacking caravans.
In Maintenance Mode.

Arcanix

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »
Trap or no trap its a good idea. Caravans should be a bigger ingame feature.

Just watch how you tweak this though....get the exploits out of the way.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:13 pm »
Our murder trains have successfully attacked full Caravans before, and wiped them out.

But the caravan encounters don't tend to last very long and can be difficult to find.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 07:42:11 am »
I guess... But you realise how long it would take a TB caravan to get from say NCR to vault city?

Combined with the fact that the encounters themselves would take much longer, increasing your chances of being ambushed.

Then there's the bugs and issues with TB, like what if an NPC gets stuck in a doorway and 5 players have to wait out the turns of a dozen NPCs, or someone starts a combat and refuses to end it.. Leaving 5 players in massive rage and one guy trolololing.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:22:10 am »
Our murder trains have successfully attacked full Caravans before, and wiped them out.

But the caravan encounters don't tend to last very long and can be difficult to find.

That's why there's a guy in the hub who tells you where they are ;)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:27 am »
I guess... But you realise how long it would take a TB caravan to get from say NCR to vault city?

Combined with the fact that the encounters themselves would take much longer, increasing your chances of being ambushed.

Then there's the bugs and issues with TB, like what if an NPC gets stuck in a doorway and 5 players have to wait out the turns of a dozen NPCs, or someone starts a combat and refuses to end it.. Leaving 5 players in massive rage and one guy trolololing.

I would like to say you are right...but caravans doesn't meet encos with one and only entrance like mutant's quest....
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 10:05:56 am »
I would like to say you are right...but caravans doesn't meet encos with one and only entrance like mutant's quest....

Yeah there are only a couple of encounter maps where it might occur (a couple of ruins maps it could happen in), but that is just one of the potential issues.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 11:43:20 am »

Yeah there are only a couple of encounter maps where it might occur (a couple of ruins maps it could happen in), but that is just one of the potential issues.

Erm, yup...but in ruins you can go over obstacle few hexes to the left or right, no need to walk through entrance...I think.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
I could be wrong entirely there, maybe I was thinking of the city ruin tiles, I can swear I remember spawning inside a building or two, but maybe not on caravan runs.

I'm not really against the idea, I just think a TB caravan run won't be worth the time it will take for the XP, but maybe I'm wrong there too. :)