April 30, 2024, 11:46:10 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: weapon handling perk  (Read 3368 times)

Hungry Hungry Shark

weapon handling perk
« on: September 07, 2015, 06:02:45 am »
Make +2 st bonus also work for stonewall and remove stonewall strength requirement so there can be low strength stonewall builds with weapon handling perk.

So 1 st build with stonewall and weapon handling perk would have 40% resist to knock downs after taking buffout and psycho. And 5 st build with both perks would have 80% chance. While a 7 st build with only stonewall will also have 80% chance.

So in theory this perk would give, in addition to hit chance bonus, a 20% resist to knock down when stacked with the stonewall perk. With the same cap of 80% knock down resist at max st.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: weapon handling perk
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:38:41 am »
What do you mean the +2 STR bonus work for stonewall? I'm assuming you want to remove weapon handling, basically making it a perk that gives +2 Strength overall  ???

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

There's a reason why Stonewall requires 6 Strength because it's very useful for tanks. It doesn't make sense for someone with 1 Str to be able to take stonewall. It'll just be stupid for a sniper with 1 STR to be able to  take stonewall. Also who takes weapon handling now a days? People usually invest skillpoints into their tagged weapon so they can hit more without wasting a character perk.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:25:01 am »
a sniper uses jet which would mean he needs needs like 3 st and sacrifice 2 perks just to have half the knock down resist of a tank. You dont understand the suggestion much

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:47 am »
I'm more likely to support the changing of the +SPECIAL perks to giving 2 stat points instead of 1, rather than weapon handling becoming lower ranked and more powerful than these perks.

TBH I'd prefer to see weapon handling and iron grip combined or something along those lines, so that it is a more quality perk.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
I'm more likely to support the changing of the +SPECIAL perks to giving 2 stat points instead of 1, rather than weapon handling becoming lower ranked and more powerful than these perks.

TBH I'd prefer to see weapon handling and iron grip combined or something along those lines, so that it is a more quality perk.

Yup, I would rather change those SPECIAL perks to +2 than +1. Anyway, I'm afraid your suggestion change almost two perks in one perk named +2 Strength.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:09:50 pm »
Matt has a point, however Shark made this suggestion without looking at the +1 SPECIAL perks, which are usseles right now.

If you wish to balance accordingly you could always choose to buff the perk by giving +2 str for weapon handling and only +1 str for "resisting knockdowns". That +1 str will only function if said person takes stonewall in any case, something a sniper is unlikely to do.

Shark, not all snipers use jet by the way. There are many reasons not to take an additional 15% DR cut. There are also sniper builds out there that are focussed on reaching "full potential" at a lower level, meaning that they come with extra int or weapon handling.
So please be carefull with making such statements, as they are often simply not true.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 04:42:44 pm »
Matt has a point, however Shark made this suggestion without looking at the +1 SPECIAL perks, which are usseles right now.

If you wish to balance accordingly you could always choose to buff the perk by giving +2 str for weapon handling and only +1 str for "resisting knockdowns". That +1 str will only function if said person takes stonewall in any case, something a sniper is unlikely to do.

Shark, not all snipers use jet by the way. There are many reasons not to take an additional 15% DR cut. There are also sniper builds out there that are focussed on reaching "full potential" at a lower level, meaning that they come with extra int or weapon handling.
So please be carefull with making such statements, as they are often simply not true.

1 Yes this suggestion is about buffing wasted perk weapon handling. I would write another suggestion for +special perks.

2 Yes that's what I suggested except +2 instead of +1.

3 You're paying too much attention to details and my wording, it's just about the big picture. If a sniper wants to be tank hybrid and take stonewall and weapon handling and no jet for 40% knockdown resist I'm OK with that. Thats a bunch of used perks and very low kd resist,  not OP.

On topic:

Reason for suggestion:
increased build variety and choice in character creation, one of the most important things to me in fonline.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 04:49:19 pm by Hungry Hungry Shark »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »

1 Yes this suggestion is about buffing wasted perk weapon handling. I would write another suggestion for +special perks.

2 Yes that's what I suggested except +2 instead of +1.

3 You're paying too much attention to details and my wording, it's just about the big picture. If a sniper wants to be tank hybrid and take stonewall and weapon handling and no jet for 40% knockdown resist I'm OK with that. Thats a bunch of used perks and very low kd resist,  not OP.

From the other side he has some right too.
Now we have only few perfect/one and only builds, making it somehow mixed more different would be nice. It could be start from weapon handling, but not in that form I think.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:05:21 pm »
Not that it's at all on topic, but even if the Give Special perks were increased to +2 each I don't see them being used in 90% of builds anyway.

Arcanix

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »
IMO, a strong man is harder to knock on his ass than a weak one.

The Weapon Handling perk depicts this nicely.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 02:30:09 pm »
BUMP!!!

I figured it out, make Weapon Handling +2 to ST for using guns....and...while bursting weapon should have 33-50% less spread of ammo on mid-high ranges.
GUN FOR HIRE

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »
BUMP!!!

I figured it out, make Weapon Handling +2 to ST for using guns....and...while bursting weapon should have 33-50% less spread of ammo on mid-high ranges.
Basically outclassing lsw with any other burst weapon.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:48:45 pm »
So make it 25-33%, it was only numbers made on fast. Anyway it would still spread ammo, but little less. I wouldn't say it would outclass LSW. In any aspect.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 03:21:35 pm »
Well the only good quality of lsw is it has no spread like shotgun, and thats the ONLY thing that makes people use it over something like xl70. If xl70 had less spread it would replace lsw imo because if it had similar ranged dmg and could 1hex then.... yeah i think you understand. And my god gatling lasers/triple brd avenger bursters with less spread would be terrifying.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 05:00:17 pm »
They would do 120dmg instead of 100, it's only 20%...but okay, I understand...
Just wanted to share my idea :D

Btw. XL shouldnt be close combat assault rifle, it should be 5-7 bullets burst gun with no spread...for christ sake it has scope :D
GUN FOR HIRE