April 27, 2024, 03:41:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Keep the HUB PVP free. And Remove the Barter Grounds.  (Read 3719 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Keep the HUB PVP free. And Remove the Barter Grounds.
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:53:53 pm »
The HUB is just more conveniently placed to be used as a trading HUB as it is right now then to move the center of trading to the middle of nowhere.

Unless newbies spawn in the Barter Grounds, it won't be as fun as the Hub, and it'll be harder to link new players together because they don't have a safe place to meet anymore, the Bartergrounds are too far, and there will be suicide bombers in the HUB.

Alternatively allow the newbie zone to be for public use if you can only enter it bluesuit and empty like Hinkley. To allow other players to link up without hassle, or threat of suicide bomb death.

There will be another location for newbies, and pvp in Hub will be back.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 07:25:58 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
Re: Keep the HUB PVP free. And Remove the Barter Grounds.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:02 am »
+1 i dont wanna leave the hub after the wipe :c

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 03:11:52 am »
I think the hub is plenty in terms of non PvP areas, I agree that it should be 100% non PvP though. Personally I'd keep Barterground merely because it already exists, and people use it, if anything I would add a bunch of NPC traders there too to give it more of a draw.

I like that most towns are dangerous to walk through personally, most of the time no one is even there anyway, the threat of dying is present but not ever present.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 06:28:54 am »
I'm alright with towns having PVP in them Guarded or not.

But I'd like a place where newbies and high level players can gather together to trade, or team up. The new newbie area is like the vault you spawn in but more like the temple of trials. No other people can enter it so its not that effective for trading and teaming up.

The Barter grounds lacks newbie support as you need good outdoorsman, and/or a car to get there effectively without spending 20 minutes running in a line away from geckos, and yeah without merchants there's not a big pull there. The merchants if brought over would be too clumped up meaning only like one or two people would trade with em getting all the caps.

Maybe if added merchants sold beer, maybe cars for double price, or other goods it'd be a more interesting location.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:32:53 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:35:12 am »
Bring Barterground to the Hub as district or merge it with the main entrance.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 10:35:48 am »
Bring Barterground to the Hub as district or merge it with the main entrance.

Yeah that's a good point, the bartergrounds could just be moved and used as the "new hub", people only really use that one side of the one map in the hub (just at the main entrance) to meet up and talk etc, the bartergrounds could easily just fill that role.

The hub is a big place that only one small portion of is used for it's main purpose of being.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 03:22:51 pm »
That would be interesting, if there were newbie missions there as well like shoveling or boxes it'd be just like the HUB right now.

The other areas being PVP are fine with me.
In Maintenance Mode.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »
Actually, I like the fact you have a place in the game for big important trades where no one is looking at you and asking stupid questions as "hey, why didn't you ask more money" and such. You can also spawn with a locked car, no risk to loose it. Keep things as they are.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »
Having both isn't bad either. The HUB will become a PVP zone next season.
If it was kept the same way as right now, that'd be cool with me too.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 06:05:09 pm »
Actually, I like the fact you have a place in the game for big important trades where no one is looking at you and asking stupid questions as "hey, why didn't you ask more money" and such. You can also spawn with a locked car, no risk to loose it. Keep things as they are.

This, first place where you don't have to build tent near it...
GUN FOR HIRE

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 06:45:34 pm »
The HUB will become a PVP zone next season.

No, it will be a normal town, just like it was for many years with guards and troublemakers. Suicide bomber every now and then does not make location a "PVP zone".
Besides even if you die in Hub then so what? You want to stay in city, relax and talk to other people that what's stopping you? Put on leather jacket for style, put beer in hand and go to town do whatever you want to do. It's not like you are forced to enter there with every single pixel you own.
:facepalm

Arcanix

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 07:17:14 pm »
I can find arguement to support either the "no PvP zones at all" or "some non-PvP zones" ideas.

The arguement for "no PvP-zones at all" is the total free will to shoot and kill anything at will idea.

The arguement for some non-PvP zones is that some people like to idle and talk smack all day. That includes new players.

Cant have it both ways.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 07:24:57 pm »
The Hub or NCR should stay as the main place where everyone can visit talk shit and so some trades. Bringing Barter Grounds map to south is fantastic idea, it can somehow work but I would stay Hub as main map as marketplace with "no PvP zone". Good for noobs, roleplayers, idlers and much more wastelanders.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 07:31:40 pm »
NCR has stealing, and bombing so its not the best place right now, its usually pretty empty.
Junktown is the second most populated town, and you can bet that there's no one there usually.
In Maintenance Mode.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »
Right but after wipe NCR could get back as main hub of wasteland with enabled no-pvp mode. Just only threw some ideas.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.