April 27, 2024, 08:03:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rares to Ares  (Read 10557 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: Rares to Ares
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 06:25:59 am »
No removing crafting is a bad idea. People need to be able to craft their shit or nobody would be able to play unless they grind 10 hours and that's why releasing too much t4 is bad because then you'd need to grind because everyone else is using it. I know you didn't make enough in 5 days to buy all that. If you did you must have been playing a LOT.

As far as protecting smaller groups from bigger ones just make the lockers under reno and in wh and glow like that and make the chance to spawn lower. Like rather than .05% make it .01% or even less. And if some enemies were put in mariposa sierra and waterworks you can even use those places. Then the bigger gangs won't always be there. If you made it private dungeons then there would be even less player interaction. And if its private the box would need a chance to spawn t4 that is TINY. Like maybe 0.0005% or lower. Since it would need to be repeatable so people don't just make 1000 alts. It would be more difficult to make it private rather than just change the spawning of all magic lockers.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 07:07:11 am »
A few hours each day, buying and selling. Its not that hard. Crafting also gets you EXP, which you can turn around to sell as achievement books.

I don't even mine my own stuff, I buy the resources, craft, sell. Rinse and repeat.
Most people are too busy with the wasteland to realize what better options exist. Crafting is clearly OP, but I like it as is, and so does everyone else. If you wanted to be consistent you should remove it since I can get T4 by grinding crafting in no time. If a quest gives you a T4 once a month or so its balanced actual percent could be 3% per quest for that to happen if its a daily quest.

If a quest is long enough, then let them have all the alts they want. If a quest takes 2 hours to finish, then you can at best only use 12 alts a day, but more likely someone will do the quest once a day and then go to sleep. If people are willing to grind like that then let them if you ask me.

Blue suit lockers were always a bad idea, and making an area that's a town a dungeon doesn't seem very appealing.

Though personally, I'd rather only some T4 stuff spawn like PA, not HPA. I'd prefer HPA to never spawn in anything but special encounters. To make it special.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 08:23:17 am »
Lmao a 2 hour long quest. You will make this 2 hour quest then? And no 3% is waaaaayyyy to high a chance for a repeatable private dungeon. Its just not going to happen. No quest will be near that.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:25 am »
-1 for imp spawn but there should be some loot spawning worth going there for.
also no gauss rifle and bozar. other tier 4 isnt that powerfull

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:01:03 am by Adams »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2015, 09:10:50 am »
Lmao a 2 hour long quest. You will make this 2 hour quest then? And no 3% is waaaaayyyy to high a chance for a repeatable private dungeon. Its just not going to happen. No quest will be near that.
Actually the special encounter with Nemesis can take a long time if a person keeps dying. 3% is an example, I'm not kilgore so I'm not the one who makes this happen. 3% per day is equal to 1 Tier 4 a month. I'm sure you've found more than that in a month doing whatever.

The quest can be timed with certain parts opening later in the day enforcing the time rule. Like use repair with a 30 minute cooldown 4 times. With keys needed to move from one end to another with teleportation instead of opening doors.

Still I agree with Adams, that not all Tier 4 items should be accessible without extra hoops. Though personally I find the Gauss Pistol to be more of a killer than the rifle. Fact is people don't use PA in TC because its too rare. CA isn't too far off the mark either though.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 09:13:18 am by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 01:34:51 pm »
Just because a dungeon can take a long time if you are bad doesn't mean it will be that way for most players and that enco is easily soloable triqua even has a video of how to do it. Same as most players won't grind crafting all day for 5 days to get pa which they'd get faster farming special encos anyways. And forced 30 minute cooldowns are the worst ideas ever. It one of the things people hated most about 2238. And yeah this quest you want needs to be made by you or someone else. Devs have their own work and whenever new content is suggested they always say make it and they will add it so unless you are going to make a 2 hour grind quest you should drop the idea.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 01:45:19 pm »
I am totally right. People who want quests should prepare them first do dialogs, maps and even scripts or graphics possible. Dialogs are simplest if you know basic english, maps are harder but I guess it lal depends on experience and few times check mapper. Scripts are tyle hardest until you are programmer and have some programming background.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »
I am totally right. People who want quests should prepare them first do dialogs, maps and even scripts or graphics possible. Dialogs are simplest if you know basic english, maps are harder but I guess it lal depends on experience and few times check mapper. Scripts are tyle hardest until you are programmer and have some programming background.
Yup agreed. People seem to think this stuff just appears from nowhere

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:16 pm »

To be honest there should be more people who invest time in developing game and creating new features. The question is who will be kind enough to waste his time and will to do this :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »
If was part of the dev team, then the first thing I'd do is spawn tons of tents, sledge hammers, knives, etc tools, and holotapes.

Detailing how to craft, gather, and start the game.

Noobs are brought into the world that has resources, but isn't always clear on what to do. If we give them a copy of the wiki ingame it'd change alot.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »
If was part of the dev team, then the first thing I'd do is spawn tons of tents, sledge hammers, knives, etc tools, and holotapes.

Detailing how to craft, gather, and start the game.

Noobs are brought into the world that has resources, but isn't always clear on what to do. If we give them a copy of the wiki ingame it'd change alot.

That's why this world has Help Bot :D
GUN FOR HIRE