April 28, 2024, 08:15:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rares to Ares  (Read 10559 times)

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
Re: Rares to Ares
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:18 pm »
Implementing tlamk2 type of crafting has no sense because that server has no balance at all in anything, I guess I don't need to point examples.

The best thing would the Devs do on reloaded is lower the stats for tier 4, make it common, and make craftable tier 3 stuff have bonuses that will be similar to the stats of tier 4 weapons (like a unique crafted lsw has damage like bozar), so no one will butthurt, and anyone would have access to those items (like quests).

Well, this is the idea, making it farmable for stronk gangs is shitty idea, but giving parts of these guns in repeatable quests would be ok.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 05:23:26 pm »
Implementing tlamk2 type of crafting has no sense because that server has no balance at all in anything, I guess I don't need to point examples.

The best thing would the Devs do on reloaded is lower the stats for tier 4, make it common, and make craftable tier 3 stuff have bonuses that will be similar to the stats of tier 4 weapons (like a unique crafted lsw has damage like bozar), so no one will butthurt, and anyone would have access to those items (like quests).

Well, this is the idea, making it farmable for stronk gangs is shitty idea, but giving parts of these guns in repeatable quests would be ok.
This is one of the worst ideas ive ever seen. Make all rare loot worthless bcause craftable weapons are just as good and then make them even more worthless by giving it all to literally anyone. Might as well just remove all noncraftable items if you do that.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »
Beer, then enjoy reading xxx topics about tier 4 being to hard to find/only sf grinders got em.
kk thx bye
There is no good solution for tier 4

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 07:41:24 pm »
Yup lets remove all item rarity because of cry posts from noobs. The solution is easy. put locker in a difficult open dungeon like ares or warehouse. If you cannot get the loot then too bad, good loot goes to good players/factions not bad ones. But the amount that should be spawning in there anyways is negligible, it is just to bring in people to fight each other for the tiny chance to get a piece of this loot. kkthx bye. If you dont like it maybe pvp games arent for you.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
Yup lets remove all item rarity because of cry posts from noobs. The solution is easy. put locker in a difficult open dungeon like ares or warehouse. If you cannot get the loot then too bad, good loot goes to good players/factions not bad ones. But the amount that should be spawning in there anyways is negligible, it is just to bring in people to fight each other for the tiny chance to get a piece of this loot. kkthx bye. If you dont like it maybe pvp games arent for you.
Making the PvP main feature of fonline is utter shit, look at aop / fo2 (btw they got same policy about tier 4 items, they're in ares/glow - and guess what - it's being camped most of the times).
Before you'll say to me something, gang like Rogues or BBS will camp it 24/7 and no one else will be able to get that loot. It's a feature which makes it farmable ONLY for swarms, and thus this destroys the balance, even a solo player won't be able to get it, it's a next thing to force him to join a faction to get the stuff.
As much as I enjoy PvP with organised groups or in hinkley, I do not enjoy majority of the players being fucked up by shitty PvP apes suggestions.
Well, as you like, we can discuss, but Kilgore is the one deciding, I hope he won't make another "fo2/aop", for now he's on a good way to create something with FUN for all of the players, not only small group of whiners and criers.

tl;dr, making t4 farmable for the minority of server is not fun for the rest.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 07:55:15 pm by Ion Cannon »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 08:13:58 pm »
Making the PvP main feature of fonline is utter shit, look at aop / fo2 (btw they got same policy about tier 4 items, they're in ares/glow - and guess what - it's being camped most of the times).
Before you'll say to me something, gang like Rogues or BBS will camp it 24/7 and no one else will be able to get that loot. It's a feature which makes it farmable ONLY for swarms, and thus this destroys the balance, even a solo player won't be able to get it, it's a next thing to force him to join a faction to get the stuff.
As much as I enjoy PvP with organised groups or in hinkley, I do not enjoy majority of the players being fucked up by shitty PvP apes suggestions.
Well, as you like, we can discuss, but Kilgore is the one deciding, I hope he won't make another "fo2/aop", for now he's on a good way to create something with FUN for all of the players, not only small group of whiners and criers.

tl;dr, making t4 farmable for the minority of server is not fun for the rest.

This, nothing more from me.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:38 pm »

This is true, though the game is in the making. Balance what is then add features.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 08:33:36 pm »
thus this destroys the balance, even a solo player won't be able to get it, it's a next thing to force him to join a faction to get the stuff

and yeah the whole banding together and making a faction is the point of this game. If you dont want to band together with a faction play fallout2 because then you can play alone in happiness and here people with factions can play together happily as well.
Yup the game is balanced for factions because its the whole damn point of the game. You hit the nail on the head. no single person should be able to do the same things a faction does and no amount of crying from you should change that.

zinthos

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 08:36:58 pm »
why is it a bad thing that soloers can get high tier loot if they are not in a team? so lets make people able to take towns alone too so thy get equal caps as factions or what? we seen warehouse last session and it was hell easy to get lots of rares alone, even after several attempts of making slags harder to kill.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 08:41:15 pm »
ayy lmao, you won, let's make this server like fo2, for crying apes
The one crying here is you. Ive given lots of good info to back up what I say and your only argument is "b-b-but then my lvl 5 friend cant solo it and get the HPA he so obviously needs!" Even though they can ALREADY farm t4 loot and implants by farming special encounters and will get them at a higher rate than this suggestion.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 08:44:32 pm »
I don't care what is already, we discuss the future of it, I'm not crying, I just see what happend on fo2, and I don't want to make this happen once more, either make the tier 4 common and as strong as upgraded tier 3 or use power of the god of random and put them again in special encounters with level range of 1-100.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 08:48:02 pm »
I don't care what is already, we discuss the future of it, I'm not crying, I just see what happend on fo2, and I don't want to make this happen once more, either make the tier 4 common and as strong as upgraded tier 3 or use power of the god of random and put them again in special encounters with level range of 1-100.
You dont care that the answer to your complaint about this is already existing you just want to get your way no matter what  :facepalm

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »
You dont care that the answer to your complaint about this is already existing you just want to get your way no matter what  :facepalm
No, it's easy to pass the roll of the reqs, it's pretty simple how to fix it and make it pure random.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »
I would say 1+ but Put HPA and Pa to 1% and Implant Radio lower such as .001% so it wouldn't be as it was as tc lockers last session.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 02:48:45 am »
I agree that making items exclusive the the best PVP faction makes no sense as you alienate most of the players. And these aren't nubs, but Combat MKII wearing tanks 280HP+ that are being alienated.

You can't solo a dungeon which is obvious, and sometimes you can't do it with a team because an even better one is cockblocking you.

The solution isn't to get a new team, but make the items accessible to more players, and at the end of the day what would it matter?

How would the economy be negatively affected? We can craft loads of crap, then use that to buy everything as is. If you actually cared about the economy you'd remove crafting from the game to say screw you to everyone. Just to make items have value and rarity again.

I'm not saying that we ought to make a quest that guarantees rare items each day, but if we do have a quest. having a chance every 30 daily quests would be balanced. In 5 days I can make enough caps through crafting/trading to buy two sets of PA, or Three vertibirds. And this is after I started from scratch. If you care about balance you'd remove crafting from the game. But since you use it too you just want to cockblock other person. Nothing more, if you want to keep things to straight up PVP.

Making something available is not the same as flooding. What we should do is make a vote on how many support the dungeon system as is, want to expand it to many more locations so PVP cockblocking is less likely, or want to add a quest with like a 0.5% chance of Tier 4(Making special encounters more likely than looting tier 4 basically).

And for you PK'ers out there, making these things available will make it more likely you'll loot it upon winning TC as your lesser rivals failed to capture the town. Instead of people hoarding it never to be used.
In Maintenance Mode.