April 28, 2024, 08:09:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rares to Ares  (Read 10558 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Rares to Ares
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 10:08:32 pm »
To control the amount of rare loot you say... But you want a repeatable quest any character can do once week... OK so let's do some math. If there is only the box in Ares spawning top gear like hpa at 0.5% chance every 30 minutes that is 1 out of 200 spawns right? The box refreshes 48 times a day. That would mean a single t4 item should spawn just a bit over every 4 days. Its there for 30 mins and if nobody loots it the next box respawn deletes it. That is a definitely small release of such items especially since its not guaranteed because odds are it won't be camped literally 24/7. If you made a repeatable quest then that would unleash a giant torrent of such gear.

Honestly the box in Ares would have almost no impact since the se farmers likely get such gear faster anyways. It just gives hope to non se farmers without ruining economy and making everyone op and also adds more PvP to game.

I just suggested some quest, if you are afraid of being it camped 24/7, let's say it will spawn some random gear with 0.5% chance for top gear. Every spawn of that gear will be announced 15-30 minutes before by server message. Problem solved. Now all teams gather at Hub, or some other place and ask some Shady Pilgrim about location of such a "dungeon". Than they will be spawned in their teams in such a dungeon, but teams cannot be bigger than 4-5 guys. Now correct?
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 10:23:28 pm »
To control the amount of rare loot you say... But you want a repeatable quest any character can do once week... OK so let's do some math. If there is only the box in Ares spawning top gear like hpa at 0.5% chance every 30 minutes that is 1 out of 200 spawns right? The box refreshes 48 times a day. That would mean a single t4 item should spawn just a bit over every 4 days. Its there for 30 mins and if nobody loots it the next box respawn deletes it. That is a definitely small release of such items especially since its not guaranteed because odds are it won't be camped literally 24/7. If you made a repeatable quest then that would unleash a giant torrent of such gear.

Honestly the box in Ares would have almost no impact since the se farmers likely get such gear faster anyways. It just gives hope to non se farmers without ruining economy and making everyone op and also adds more PvP to game.

I just suggested some quest, if you are afraid of being it camped 24/7, let's say it will spawn some random gear with 0.5% chance for top gear. Every spawn of that gear will be announced 15-30 minutes before by server message. Problem solved. Now all teams gather at Hub, or some other place and ask some Shady Pilgrim about location of such a "dungeon". Than they will be spawned in their teams in such a dungeon, but teams cannot be bigger than 4-5 guys. Now correct?
Im not afraid of it being camped. In fact like I said even if ares was camped then it would not really matter. However if you make an instanced quest like gunrunners mutant quest then it would be too much. If all teams spawn in the same dungeon then that is ok because there will still be only 1 box but at that point you might as well just use this ares suggestion instead. If every team is in their own dungeon that raises the amount of top gear released by .5% for every team doing this. So 10 teams(expect more than that) do it and that suddenly makes chance of this loot from .5% chance to a 5% chance once a week and it also would be favoring only people of certain timezone. Not even mentioning people with many accounts being able to start multiple instances of this.

Also who will make this quest? You? It would be easy to simply change what spawns in a magic box but it would be a lot of work to make such a quest.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 10:57:34 pm »
There was already suggestionS like this that have been completly ignored like almost everything related to pvp so good luck with that.
Just here to say one thing: If you want a box be very careful to choose its location, removing or moving a box (  basically testing things) could take decades.

In fo2 when i played it people were using bots to scouts or trial logging or whatever all that kind of game abusing dweeb things you dont need here because ares WILL be scouted by multiloggers like in fo2 ( basically cheating )

Secondly mixing pve/pvp is BAD it has always been BAD and will remain BAD. If you go to do pve you dont want to be annoyed by a group of pk, you want to do it because this game is like fallout in real time. There is nothing more annoying than being jumped when doing pve by sneakers scouting and 3 other dudes.

IF placed the locker should be in a place that:
- prevents bluesuiting
- no traders/quests area
- pvp only zone

Seems to me that only place you could put such a thing is the currently unused talchem.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 01:44:17 am »
Conditional +1.

Not just Ares. Talchem HQ too, the new place still being developed. Warehouse again, and a bunch of similar places. Mariposa like beer suggested (but only if we find alternate places for Adv Workbench), Ghost Farm, Stables, Toxic Caves (same about adv bench), Glow, etc.

Because if we add it to only one place, well there goes that neighborhood. That one place would get hammered into oblivion, and personally i like Ares as it is. I call it "Sniper School". How can i bring new people there for beginner sniper training if it gets turned into the most PvP-intense battleground on the map?

So conditional +1 from me.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 02:30:16 am »

suggestion for grinders  :facepalm

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 02:36:24 am »
I wanted to make it via quest to not allow make it easier for bigger gangs. If you let this open as normal dungeon, there will be tons of whines that UV or TTTLA swarm those places and dont let other players loot. You can see what is now on Forum PvP, all the time talking about swarms of bigger groups.
And yes, if there will be rare stuff, Im almost sure biggest gangs will camp it.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 02:51:15 am »
I wanted to make it via quest to not allow make it easier for bigger gangs. If you let this open as normal dungeon, there will be tons of whines that UV or TTTLA swarm those places and dont let other players loot. You can see what is now on Forum PvP, all the time talking about swarms of bigger groups.
And yes, if there will be rare stuff, Im almost sure biggest gangs will camp it.
That sounds like those players would not be able to beat the mutants anyways because its very difficult if not impossible to solo this dungeon. Ares is a high level pve area and should have a chance of a fitting reward. Such loot is not for solo players and low levels. If they want some they must make their own faction or join one. It does not matter if top loot is not given to every bluesuit just because they cry that people who worked and fought for it got some and they didnt. In fact thats a good thing because it adds a sense of progression to the game. If they REALLY want some top loot without fighting then they can walk around in the desert until they get a hidden shelter special encounter because there are no enemies there and it will actually be much more profitable than looting the box anyways.

BTW all the swarm complaints in forum pvp are from members of the 2 big swarms mostly anyways.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 03:06:26 am »
Can you show me where I wrote about allowing to make a chance in this dungeon for bluesuits and small low level factions ?
Im just afraid it will make damn big butthurt, not mine but quiet big part of community as Im looking in forum  PvP thread. Thats just my fears, Im not against good and big factions. Just dont want to spread more stupid wars and flames inside community.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 03:19:03 am »
Mutants are not HPA wearing Bursting Tanks.

There is a difference.

But a repeatable dungeon even if they were as tough as TTTLA would be farmable, thus making end game equipment accessible to everyone. Personally I'm fine with that, but it'll mean that everyone in a faction would have that equipment.

Which is what we don't want to have for some reason.
In Maintenance Mode.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 06:35:28 am »

There is a difference.

But a repeatable dungeon even if they were as tough as TTTLA would be farmable, thus making end game equipment accessible to everyone. Personally I'm fine with that, but it'll mean that everyone in a faction would have that equipment.

And that's where you are wrong.
Novato in TTTLA is not accesible to anyone but the largest faction. People are very quick to learn the benefits of banding together in a very large group (what we already see happening) and camping/farming the shit out of a place.

While the lesser factions did occasionaly sneak in some gear from Novato, getting steamrolled by 15+ enemies wearing APA Mk2 and hyperboiloids + NKF was a normal part of the day in TLA.

Limiting such loot to private missions for 4-5 players removes that issue.

I do want to note that private missions in TLA are an issue on their own, causing less encounters/interaction with the other players in the world. So any form of private missions should be limited as much as possible.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 07:05:35 am »
Can you show me where I wrote about allowing to make a chance in this dungeon for bluesuits and small low level factions ?
Im just afraid it will make damn big butthurt, not mine but quiet big part of community as Im looking in forum  PvP thread. Thats just my fears, Im not against good and big factions. Just dont want to spread more stupid wars and flames inside community.
Yes, when you were saying to make it so all players can loot. I feel like you also dont understand that the forum pvp thread is for such things specifically and like I already said, and I even just scrolled through it to double check, literally everyone posting in there is either uv mod rainbow alliance or tttla or khan. So your objection is pointless because these first 2 groups will be the ones most easily looting anyways and khans will never stop their spam regardless. Also just because some people may complain is no reason to not make a change to improve the game or else this game will never change at all because as you may have seen SOMEONE will always cry over something.

There is a difference.

Yes and that is exactly the point. How about instead of finding some hardcore player randomly in encounter and standing a chance because you both use equal gear you instead find some hardcoreplayer in hpa with bozar and full implants because he and his alts farm the shit out of this repeatable dungeon that is made only so low level or small nooby factions can get a set or 2 of pa they will never use anyways. To have a chance you too would need to farm the shit out of this to also have top gear, and then top gear becomes normal gear and then this session becomes last session. The downsides of making it a reward for a repeatable private quest far outweigh the benefits, not to mention endgame gear needs to stay endgame gear. If you dont want to be a good player in one of the best factions then that is your choice but dont expect to get easy top loot just because of that. Top gear is not for everyone, thats why its top gear rather than normal gear. As for why top gear for everyone isnt something we want, refer to top line, or memories of last session, or basic principles of economy and good game design, whatever one youd most prefer.

There is a difference.

And that's where you are wrong.
Novato in TTTLA is not accesible to anyone but the largest faction. People are very quick to learn the benefits of banding together in a very large group (what we already see happening) and camping/farming the shit out of a place.

While the lesser factions did occasionaly sneak in some gear from Novato, getting steamrolled by 15+ enemies wearing APA Mk2 and hyperboiloids + NKF was a normal part of the day in TLA.

Limiting such loot to private missions for 4-5 players removes that issue.

I do want to note that private missions in TLA are an issue on their own, causing less encounters/interaction with the other players in the world. So any form of private missions should be limited as much as possible.
tim tom and ted life after? i think you must be confused tttla is different from tla. and yeah the whole bading together and making a faction is the point of this game. If you dont want to band together with a faction play fallout2 because then you can play alone in happiness and here people with factions can play together happily as well. And making unlimited farming of this rare loot only worsens exactly what you are wanting to avoid. idk how many times i need to repeat this. The way to keep people from steamrolling you in OP gear is to spawn only very little of it not unlimited amounts of it.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 07:36:52 am »
Farmable Dungeons is preferable to Farmable quests. To most players on here, there should be balance between how often something spawns and what players can get it.

If we get into a cycle of you need good gear to get good gear, then what's the point of playing if you don't have good gear already?

Is this something we should embrace or hate? Because if you don't need good gear to get good gear, it ruins the player economy as the rarity of said good items becomes questionable. Its clear that keeping good gear at a random basis is what most players on here hate. They yearn for something they can farm like TC or dungeons, but not let other people farm who aren't in a large faction and PVP.
In Maintenance Mode.

eight8

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 09:23:28 am »
its all good... but 3 people can make all ares and camp in last flore near elevator (only one enterance) all day and kill any mutant and any player to loot good stuff or implants.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 11:53:43 am »
its all good... but 3 people can make all ares and camp in last flore near elevator (only one enterance) all day and kill any mutant and any player to loot good stuff or implants.

This is something Im afraid off, Im not against idea. I just would think about it more and find out/fix all abuses andbugs before I would put it in live server.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 02:35:25 pm »
tim tom and ted life after? i think you must be confused tttla is different from tla. and yeah the whole bading together and making a faction is the point of this game. If you dont want to band together with a faction play fallout2 because then you can play alone in happiness and here people with factions can play together happily as well. And making unlimited farming of this rare loot only worsens exactly what you are wanting to avoid. idk how many times i need to repeat this. The way to keep people from steamrolling you in OP gear is to spawn only very little of it not unlimited amounts of it.

I meant the server TLA MK2 yes, the result of waking up early.

You are misunderstanding me on other points however. I do not want rares to be farmable.
It want them in the form of private missions that can ONLY be performed at specific timeframes once a week by groups of 4-5 players. Farming is prevented by keeping the timeframe short and limited, strongly limiting the use of alts and only allowing a small amount of rares ingame at once.

You also seem to think that I am promoting solo play. I don't know where you are getting that from, but I support faction play entirely and prefer it over solo play. I however have a strong distaste to a having one or two factions dominate an entire server. I do NOT want to see one faction control all rare gear/towns/mines whatever.

In my eyes an optimal situation would be a server split in many smaller factions, creating for the most interresting fights and competition. That however is utopia, as people will naturally crowd to one or two factions. (Khans are a great example for this, their way of recruiting is highly effective). That however does not mean that we shouldn't strive for a situation where all factions have an equal chance at competing.