April 29, 2024, 07:11:56 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Rares to Ares  (Read 10560 times)

zinthos

Rares to Ares
« on: August 31, 2015, 04:34:50 pm »
yes its another "pvp apes bitching for free loot" thread so if you came here to shitpost then move along please.

so basically my suggestion is to make Ares locker spawn rare stuff with a small chance (2-5% or bit more because its actually hard to get on last floor and to clean it) of the following items: Gauss Rifle/Pistol, Pulse Rifle, Bozar, Vindicator, Enclave/BH/NCR/PA/HPA set, Turbo Plasma and below 1% chance for an implant module. so basically everything that the former magic lockers spawned but all these without stats and keep in mind that they would spawn with small chance only.
Ideas to the current item spawns:
- More items should spawn at the same time (like 1 armor, 1 weapon, few rare ammo)
- If you say no to the one above, then at least the items like rare CA sets or Gatlings should be statted

Simply because -as described above- you dont get rewarded for cleaning all those muties and if i wanted same loot i could camp Glow with 90% less effort put in. Same aplies for WH and i dont even have to mention the one in Reno sewers..

why ares?
- because its pvp and pve combined and -according to the current server population- lower level gangs could compete for higher tier gear with no neccessary pvp involved but still not for free (killing mutants obvly.)
- because atm its simply not worth to go there for the current loot (sensors are actually good but..) and burn 30+ stimpaks and hella lot of ammo for shitty superior and quality CAs and flares (not even all of the colors)
- because its a cool place fight other people even in the umderground lvls
and so on...

i could say that this low rate of rares spawning could apply to the current lockers in reno wh and glow, so none of them would be excessively camped. maybe except for reno, where adding few guards to new reno arms could make a lot of pvp there without bluesuits camping and ruining economy.

discuss and share opinions pls, even if i know that there were many threads like this without any valuable response from devs. and yes i know that future dungeons will be added/reworked/rebalanced with the new session, so my suggestion applies to the current one only.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: Rares to Ares
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »
Very good point, very well explained. +1

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:00:22 pm »
I'm okay too with your suggestion Zinthos, low chance of spawn HQ top tier loot will bring more players, still making it rare and hard to obtain.
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »
Doesnt sound like pvp ape bitching for loot since ares is almost always only pve so this seems like a pve suggestion to me. I find it hilarious that because someone does high level pve they are automatically a pvp ape on this server. But I guess the only true pve players are the lvl 10 people who farm raiders?

On topic though, Hpa and pa spawning with same frequency as enclave armor is way too much. As fun as it was last session for whole teams to be in hpa I think that the spawn rate for pa/hpa and all t4 weapons/statted brotherhood/enclave needs to be really low to make it actually rare and just the chance of it spawning will draw people in. Something like the chance of warehouse to spawn implant last session (0.5% i think) should be max chance but preferably lower for these pa/t4. Implants should have an even lower chance maybe something like 0.05%. Spawn only one of these at a time. Spawning a craftable weapon like a unique xl70 along with a statted ca/camk2 or 4.7 ammo should be fine. Maybe also good spawn options would be some good amount of superstims(50) or other drugs. It would at least give people who dont farm SE a chance at getting a t4.

But it seems like devs are pretty set on no high tier loot this season except for SE so I think this post is a bit of a waste.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 05:48:17 pm »
.05% says the man man that got a Nemean then a dermal the very next spawn  ;D

Anyways, it would be more PvP because there would be factions fighting over the magic box just like reno last session. It would be fun as tits.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:20 pm »
.05% says the man man that got a Nemean then a dermal the very next spawn  ;D

Anyways, it would be more PvP because there would be factions fighting over the magic box just like reno last session. It would be fun as tits.
It was a phoenix not a nemean! Anyways yes, thats exactly why it should be so low  :P

Yeah true so I guess its partially pvp. And it would be fun indeed. Lets just make sure it doesnt flood the game with OP stuff.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 07:06:01 pm »
-1 No.
Rares should not spawn in containers or it will get farmed to hell and back by the one or two strongest factions on the server.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 08:50:57 pm »
-1 No.
Rares should not spawn in containers or it will get farmed to hell and back by the one or two strongest factions on the server.

Now it's farmed in SE by armies of players with more free time or by hordes of bots.
It could be somehow capped or made in somekind of quest for teams with maximum 3-5 people.
GUN FOR HIRE

Jish the small

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 08:56:51 pm »
+1 to this

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 09:01:07 pm »
-1 No.

Now it's farmed in SE by armies of players with more free time or by hordes of bots.
It could be somehow capped or made in somekind of quest for teams with maximum 3-5 people.

Yes the current situation isn't any good either.

A quest for 3-5 people could work. I would preferably see such a quest in the form of an event that can only be done at specific times (once a week?), allowing control of the amount of rares out there.

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 09:08:21 pm »
U could say you need to put The R back into ARES (rares)
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 09:39:41 pm »
-1 No.

Yes the current situation isn't any good either.

A quest for 3-5 people could work. I would preferably see such a quest in the form of an event that can only be done at specific times (once a week?), allowing control of the amount of rares out there.

No need to be event, just leave a cooldown for 72 hours (3days) or something like this :D
It should do the job, it should be hard and has only 1-0.5 % of spawning rare loot.
GUN FOR HIRE

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 09:42:29 pm »
+1  ;D ;D ;D

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 09:48:47 pm »
+1 gives me more reasons to go to ares

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 09:56:07 pm »
To control the amount of rare loot you say... But you want a repeatable quest any character can do once week... OK so let's do some math. If there is only the box in Ares spawning top gear like hpa at 0.5% chance every 30 minutes that is 1 out of 200 spawns right? The box refreshes 48 times a day. That would mean a single t4 item should spawn just a bit over every 4 days. Its there for 30 mins and if nobody loots it the next box respawn deletes it. That is a definitely small release of such items especially since its not guaranteed because odds are it won't be camped literally 24/7. If you made a repeatable quest then that would unleash a giant torrent of such gear.

Honestly the box in Ares would have almost no impact since the se farmers likely get such gear faster anyways. It just gives hope to non se farmers without ruining economy and making everyone op and also adds more PvP to game.