April 29, 2024, 05:59:57 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: TC Readiness  (Read 5991 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
TC Readiness
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »
Here is a checklist for getting ready for Town Control. If you're a new player, seeing this might be a glimpse into your PvP future, thus granting you some advanced perspective, before you're even ready for it. If you're a seasoned vet, please add the stuff i left out. Be advised, you will win some fights and you will lose some fights. Be prepared to lose your gear. If you think too highly of your stuff, and you cannot handle losing, you might want to skip Town Control altogether; your teammates need stable-minded players who don't freak out when they lose. Get upset if things were a mess in a fight, but stay cool enough to keep going. Gear is replaceable. It's just pixels and time.

The Basics
* Fully leveled PvP fighter build, approved by whoever is leading the TC operations
* Practice Real-Time combat. Start with PvE but get to PvP asap. Use Hinkley!
* Outdoorsman to 150 + Explorer/Pathfinder perks, to get you back to battle much faster
* 1 car per fighter (the Buggy is an excellent choice, cheap and fast. Thanks, Blarney.)
* 6 private tents (or Safe Houses), 1 each snugged up to each of the 6 TC towns
* Spare gear in the trunk of the car, including guns, armor, helmets, ammo, drugs, sstims
* All gear needs to be tier 2, or better - listen for instruction from leader
* All gear must be in good condition! Nothing nearing 50% 73/73 might work, but 49/100 is bad
* Use the faction's NameColorizer file! All enemies should appear with the same color, distinct from your faction-mates.
* Set up Hotkeys for Reload, and Super-Stims. Do you do aimed shots? Set those up, and include one to Disable Aim.
* Voice chat is a must. Get TeamSpeak or Mumble or whatever the faction uses. Get a mic.
* Use Q to see your Sight range, and use W to see your Weapon range.
* Use F10 to highlight the TC Zones. If too many of your team runs out of it, your TC timer will end.
* Try the Fog of War feature. Some players prefer it over simply using Q.

IMPORTANT
* Know your character's role in PvP, his strengths and weaknesses.
* Minimize microphone use, only talk when needed to give important combat-related details.
* Follow orders! Listen to the leader. Follow who he says to follow. Go where he says to go. Do not go Rambo.
* Be ready to "Focus Fire" as instructed, so you and your team hit the same targets and actually win the fights.
* Your team will likely have a sneaker scout. Listen carefully to critical info from your sneak scout!
* Don't stand still for long; enemy sneakers will too easily 1-hex you if you're not moving around.

Know the Town's Map/Layout
* Go to these TC towns and learn the layouts. Note the names of the buildings and where they are.
* The leader will be giving orders where to go - you need to know the places to understand those orders!
* Familiarize yourself with the Town Preview in each town. Know which town has which entry points.
* The leader will be giving orders where to enter - you need to know those places in advance.

Know the Procedure
* Before the fight begins, stay off of the worldmap to prevent enemy from knowing numbers.
* Have drugs (and lighter) ready. Have everything you need so you're not asking anyone for anything.
* Listen for order to pop drugs. Do so immediately - the fight is about to start!
* Go to worldmap when the order is given.
* When sent to worldmap, go over town and use Town/World button. Be ready to enter in 2 seconds, wherever told.
* Form lines, as instructed. Sometimes lines need to be vertical (north south). Sometimes horizontal (east-west).
* Stay cool. Don't get mad like immature kids. If you get that mad, go to AFK and do something else for a bit.
* Do not care about looting until the order is given. Be frosty for fighting until then. Don't be selfish.

Tactics by Ion Cannon
* Do not use all of your Action Points at once; shoot one time and wait...be ready to heal yourself or a friend
* Spread out; clustering together makes it easier for a rocket launcher to knock down your whole group
* Form a very wide line (I assume to avoid multiple hit splash damage)
* Lure enemies to narrow passages/open space (depending on the team build - if its bursters or snipers/sneakers)
* Constantly check your weapon range and change position often.

Advanced
* Have Motion Sensors, pre-charged to 600/600 with extra SEC on hand
* TC Ready-Piles (see below)
* Willing to level a sneaker? It's a specialized role. Scout the town and provide critical intel for your team!
* The TC timer will be shorter if the character who initiates it has high Speech. Hint hint.

About TC Ready-Piles
Most guys use a trunk to store spare gear, for re-gearing between battles. This is standard and i do it too, but this forces you to open the trunk, scroll through the stack of items, pick each thing out, choose quantities, drag-n-drop a bunch of times, and then do it all over again because you forgot 1 item (like a lighter). When you're in a big hurry to get back to a fight, this is a painful delay.

TC Ready-Piles are far better. They are individual pre-stacked piles tailored for a specific fighter, arranged in a row at a TC tent, ready for that fighter to Grab-All. Maybe 5 such piles per fighter, per TC tent, works well. (If you fail more than 5 times in the same town and intend to keep trying, use the trunk.) Arrange 5 piles in a line. Each pile should have the following:

* Gun
* Armor
* Helmet
* Ammo (an appropriate limited amount, so as not to lose much, but not to run out)
* Drugs (one full round of drugs for that fighter)
* Lighter
* Super-Stims

When you do fail in combat, you need to get back to the fight quickly! Your character has Outdoorsman 150, right? Explorer and Pathfinder perks mean fewer interruptions, and faster travels. You get back to your tent, run to a ready-pile, and Control+G to grab the whole pile. You instantly have everything you need, and in the right quantities. You will not be one of the last guys to get back to the fight - you will one of the first. Nothing is forgotten, and no delays. You'll impress the leader by being back so quickly, every time. The team will learn they can depend on you to be fast.

TC Ready-Piles are a lot of work to do in advance. Not everyone will do this, but I do. If you do not, just remember: the enemy does!

Overkill
A lot of guys buy a bunch of extra cars for TC. When they die in a TC town, they note where on the map is the restart location, and that's where they build a tent. They park their extra cars there and this is how they get back to battle so quickly. Of course when the battle is done, you need to drive those cars back to the tent and probably walk that distance a few times. It might take you a while to pile up some Fuel Cell Controllers, but this is how some guys use them, because the Cockroach car is only 1k caps each (plus FCC).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:18:28 pm by Henry »

superschokokeks

• View Profile
Re: TC Readiness
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:47:41 pm »
seeing what you do I just want to say:
I appreciate what you do.
Nice work. Keep going :)

p.s I think I eat a carebear today. I'm too nice O_o

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 12:36:09 am »
Lets hope that 2 server swarms will split up, becuase for now new teams dont have any chance against 15 players teams.
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:03 am »
Great guide, people need to know.

I find a buggy works best as a personal TC ready vehicle, it's cheap, fast and efficient.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:50:14 am by Blarney »

maszrum

• The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:05:48 pm »
Lets hope that 2 server swarms will split up, becuase for now new teams dont have any chance against 15 players teams.

There always been like that. join one group or sit in caves or try to make own group, if you are good enough with teaching people thats not that hard job.. or go to caves :)
Im buying all T4 weapons, best prices /PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineTV

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 07:15:52 pm »

There always been like that. join one group or sit in caves or try to make own group, if you are good enough with teaching people thats not that hard job.. or go to caves :)
Teaching people srs bsns TC PvP not hard, pls shroom.
About spreading - while in line or in group try to stay 3 - 4 hexes back of each other, depends on your position actually.
While using snipers in 2 - 3 ppl group stay hex-to-hex if you're sure that no sneaker/zooka will hit you, so you're hard to focus (actually this is playing strong effect on enemy mentallity and he's going back when you group like that) and you can easily combo wombo enemy.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:25:05 pm by Ion Cannon »

maszrum

• The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:03:59 pm »
Teaching people srs bsns TC PvP not hard, pls shroom.

No its not really that hard, if you know what are you actually doing. Ofc most of players wont make any progress but still in 2 weeks you can build team FROM SCRATCH with maybe 4 core players and be able to dominate any server.

Btw. Good list, might be useful for new guys.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:17:23 pm by maszrum »
Im buying all T4 weapons, best prices /PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineTV

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »
You have nothing about scouting/sneaker. You have no idea how much of an advantage it is to know the enemy location.

Every TC operation requires at least 1 sneaker to go scout and know the location.

BTW Sneaker must have a microphone since he needs to be constantly saying the locations. Also giving some building names would be good, so it can be easier to say their location...like a guide sort of.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:53 am »
Good feedback, thanks. Added some details:

* Tactics by Ion Canon
* References to sneaker/scouts
* The Buggy is a solid choice for TC vehicle - cheap and fast
* Town Layout section
* Know the Town Preview options in advance

Who can tell me the BBCode to use when we include a player name, how to link it to their profile?
I tried [profile]Ion Cannon[/profile] and tried [profile=ID number] already.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 04:01:28 am »
add basics like fog with hotkeys and settings , like pressing q and w

basic builds maybe

tank , easiest to level

burster , 2nd

sniper , 3rd

sneaker , 4th

[and say that combat in reloaded is pretty easy because outside of hinkley u wont see dat much one hexing because no towns with good spots in big buildings , unless u fight noobs like kahns at late night which hide in some toilett and get adv like sralker with motion sensor but tbh its even easier to kill nabs in late night tc by just running around with ranged weapons and keep on moving and attacking]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:03:47 am by FrankenStone »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:24 am »
You forgot about the most important thing in pvp- morale. First of all some new pvp player should find some friendly team without autistic people. If he will start playing in some serious pvp gang with idiots like...nevermind.

Also about using/not using microphone and talking/sitting quiet- You re not on war, just in game, game should give fun, not hair loss caused by stress.

You also need to find fun in participating in pvp, not only in winning, cuz a lot of fights You will lose and still those fights can be amazing.

So rule##1 dont ragequit

Btw if I would be new player I would never remembered all those points.