April 29, 2024, 08:47:22 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.  (Read 12573 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: 2 years later, and there's STILL no proper endgame item implementation.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 08:45:42 pm »
"sierra and mariposa and waterworks are existing locations but they are currently empty and unused." -beer

But they are being used. Those places already have functions, and thus have players using advanced workbenches (or gathering eparts and making Nuka). Add tier 4 there and you get more activity, but throw something else out of whack.

But actually you are right...because really, the idea to add advanced workbenches to those places was itself a shortcut in a way. Rather than add new location to accommodate a new feature (the adv workbench), 2238 devs just changed an existing place. When i look at them, i see way more content (good maps with much potential) than is being used. So okay, but ultimately we still need more places. Again, i say its not fair to pressure devs for this - we should be doing it.
Yes yes, advanced workbenches are a shortcut even though its literally the only thing in one of those locations. The real solution is to make all safehouses have adv benches instead of normal and to remove what few enemies are in mariposa and sierra and just use it to walk around inside of and look at.

Some special faction bases can have Adv Workbenches okay, but not every tent...for God's Sake...
omg... that was some pretty obvious sarcasm I said that you totally missed.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »
"sierra and mariposa and waterworks are existing locations but they are currently empty and unused." -beer

But they are being used. Those places already have functions, and thus have players using advanced workbenches (or gathering eparts and making Nuka). Add tier 4 there and you get more activity, but throw something else out of whack.

But actually you are right...because really, the idea to add advanced workbenches to those places was itself a shortcut in a way. Rather than add new location to accommodate a new feature (the adv workbench), 2238 devs just changed an existing place. When i look at them, i see way more content (good maps with much potential) than is being used. So okay, but ultimately we still need more places. Again, i say its not fair to pressure devs for this - we should be doing it.
Yes yes, advanced workbenches are a shortcut even though its literally the only thing in one of those locations. The real solution is to make all safehouses have adv benches instead of normal and to remove what few enemies are in mariposa and sierra and just use it to walk around inside of and look at.

Some special faction bases can have Adv Workbenches okay, but not every tent...for God's Sake...
omg... that was some pretty obvious sarcasm I said that you totally missed.

After shitposts and tons of bullshit on forum it's quiet easy to loose perk with getting jokes and sacrasms ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

superschokokeks

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:50 pm »
Besides the river of tears here.

How many people are developing Fo:reloaded (this server I mean)?
Do Kilgore accept community stuff like maps or skins?

I heard He does all by himself. If this true, well that isnt good for anyone.
It's shit load of work and everyone needs help. It can suck out the joy of hosting this server. Development is something you shouldn't do alone.
Just saying. If this true, Kilgore should increase his staff.
But! blah blah blah What do I know. There's a reason why I'm posting this stuff here.

besides that
I shed a tear again.
Is a wipe necessary every year?
Or this happen because we are used to ?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 12:07:51 am »
Btw: show me ANY player-made dungeon that has been rejected by us. Yeah, you can't do it, because you know what? 2 years later, and nobody has ever made something like that. It's much easier just to post a topic with complaints :)
That's true and all, but every time I've asked about learning ANYTHING I get ignored or told, "It's too hard to teach it, why bother trying?" That's a seriously BAD attitude, or even WORSE skills as a teacher. Or both.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 12:15:57 am »
Well, you just called him a retard, so if you dont tolerate insults dont do it yourself. Also, no offence but it seems that you cant take any criticism with or without insults. you have like 4 great maps unused or porly used so when people suggest stuff dont use that as an excuse anymore. just say that you dont feel like doing it and thats it.
Can't speak yo the maps thing, but he REALLY had it comming, calling Kill a faggot right outta the gate. He should feel luck if he's not banned.
And kil takes criticism all the fucking time, he ussually just doesn't respond at sll. I should know, go check suggestions.

Uh, Kil, a bit more feedback in suggestions might be helpful- like "approved" or "no, we're not gonna do it" and why. But I still woulda booted Random right off for his language.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 12:56:49 am »
Btw: show me ANY player-made dungeon that has been rejected by us. Yeah, you can't do it, because you know what? 2 years later, and nobody has ever made something like that. It's much easier just to post a topic with complaints :)
That's true and all, but every time I've asked about learning ANYTHING I get ignored or told, "It's too hard to teach it, why bother trying?" That's a seriously BAD attitude, or even WORSE skills as a teacher. Or both.

Don't want to be rude but I get great help in this case from Corosive, just need to be creative and show some invention/interest in subject of programming. And if I'm not wrong, devs show a web-page where you can learn a lot about it. Slowhand made a tutorial with everything from basics, so just try to use search.
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 06:41:08 am »
Besides the river of tears here.

How many people are developing Fo:reloaded (this server I mean)?

Five people are involved in development at least from the beginning of 2015.

I heard He does all by himself. If this true, well that isnt good for anyone.
It's shit load of work and everyone needs help. It can suck out the joy of hosting this server. Development is something you shouldn't do alone.
Just saying. If this true, Kilgore should increase his staff.
But! blah blah blah What do I know. There's a reason why I'm posting this stuff here.

Nope, there are other people who do a lot of work, at least when it comes to development.
But nobody else wants to handle the community.. you can guess why. And there is a shitload of management job to do.

Why not "hire new staff"? Now lemme cry my own river.

Because who wants to handle all that mess? Answer loads of PMs on forum, on email, on irc, countless and same questions in game (mostly about things which can be easily found on wiki or forum, or silly questions like when wipe), various requesthelps in game (I died please help me, or help me move stuff from place A to B, or I rerolled leader char). When you appear in game, there are over 9000 people who immediately run up to you with their suggestions, or bug reports, and often they get angry when you tell him to post it on forum because otherwise it will be lost or forgotten or something.
And in the end, you can't even play the game normally on your nick because people will always overreact when they see you (for sure you cheat, or scout them, or spy, or spawn free shit for someone, or you are just there to be trolled to death). So if you want to play the game, then you need to use some fake name and not tell about it to anyone.

In addition, you have to deal with all sorts of assholes, trolls, people who break game rules and then make a drama or stupid excuses when they get banned or jailed, then they are back again on another nickname just to insult you. I don't care much about it, just use banhammer, but many people get emotional about such stuff and they are likely to do stupid things when they get insulted.

And the last but not least: someone needs to make sure that everything works ok. Game server needs to be working, forum&website need to be working, teamspeak needs to be working, bills are to be paid on time because if they don't, then things quickly go south. Someone needs to handle password recovery (every few days I have a message about some lost character/password in my inbox, sometimes more complex issues like tent lost due to reroll, or character stolen and deleted by a wrong buddy), make sure there is some server backup so we don't need full wipe in case some bad shit happens, and so on.

Of course sometimes I am asked about "can I become a GM?!!" but it's always some person who got bored with playing the game, so he/she needs some power over the others, then after few weeks or a month he/she will be gone, leaving even more mess behind him/her.  And I'd rather handle all this shit myself than risk finding myself in a load of stupid dramas because of some GM abuse. Only me and DocAn have admin rights now and even with only two of us, some dumbasses accuse us of spawning free shit or scouting for factions when they find it suitable for their conspiracy theory about why they have lost in pvp.

All this is being done for FREE, because we don't make profit on running this whole thing. And even if all hosting and advertisement was free and all donations would land in my pocket for beer and bitches, then guess what? I'd rather go and collect empty bottles and cans and sell it for money because it would be much easier and more profitable "job"  :D

I don't expect you to buy me a bottle of whiskey, or pray for my soul, or even feel sorry about it. Just don't make my job harder and everything will be alright.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:45:44 am by Kilgore »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »
Lol, I had great laught about tents and reroll :D

I lost after wipe 3 tents after rerolling with quiet good stuff and I wouldn't mind to bother anyone cause it's your own damn fault...people are retarded...
GUN FOR HIRE

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 01:19:33 pm »
After some time I can greatly understand Kilgore, it takes time people to understand too, sadly there are too much narcistic and selfish players, thinking the game is for them and they should be praised for playing it.

Kilgor, ale wiedz, że pamiętam jak mnie wciepłeś do więzienia i groziłeś banem, ale wybaczam Ci, jako Jezus przykazał być miłosiernym człowiekiem, albowiem zbawiona Twoja dusza będzie. Tak na serio - Potem wyjebałem temat z forum fo2, rozumięjąc, że osoba z którą tam pracowałem to zwykły hipokryta, a pluć w morde to nie Tobie tylko tym, którzy traktują ludzi jak gówno, którzy w mniejszym lub większym stopniu pomagają w rozwoju serwera.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:24:14 pm by Ion Cannon »

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 11:19:43 pm »
Whats annoying mostly is the way you're surrounded by an aura of visitor or passive guy who waits something. Like posting a suggestion putting time on it getting no answer whatever just a guy passing by saying "yeah, oh well I forgot, I dont know, I'll wait a bit" basically means you dont give a flying fuck.

Between people saying you absolutly dont give a fuck, some other saying helping kilgore is impossible because he doesnt bother talking or saying anything if youre not close or whatever I made my own mind about it. I can say i tried to help your server.

- Spent a crap load of time with seki about some suggestions for pvp I dont know if he ninja posted it on bbs secret forum , or was like afraid or something to just talk with you but did it get any attention if posted? Where is the fucking feedback? Can we discuss things like civilized people ?

-Spent crap load of time trying to balance this shitty crit table to something better it has been forgotten in oblivion. Did you even consider it? I just saw you passing by "well maybe well later well ..." ITs Yes or No stop jugling around make your mind and say it.

Was one of the first saying removing slaves is bad, removing reno is bad, ... Now your changing your mind saying oh finally maybe...
Jesus.

Seems like having a discussion always end up with this annoying autist excuse "stop whining". So yeah dont be surprised if noone helps you theres a reason.

Itux

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »
Well, you just called him a retard, so if you dont tolerate insults dont do it yourself. Also, no offence but it seems that you cant take any criticism with or without insults. you have like 4 great maps unused or porly used so when people suggest stuff dont use that as an excuse anymore. just say that you dont feel like doing it and thats it.

"hey guys, do more content, u lazy faggots"
You call this a suggestion?  :facepalm

The game is actually being developed, despite of what you, or he, or somebody else is saying. I accept reasonable criticism, not just a river of tears or shit being posted about things that were explained over 9000 times. I never insult people who don't insult me.

The second thing is that there is no need to hand it over to someone (though I would do it for sure if there was some reliable team of people asking for it - it's always much easier to just play and demand things than to develop the server). You may ask "why?". The answer is: BECAUSE server source is published! If you think it's a piece of shit game, you can do it better, and please do!

Seriously the guy being angry because he _donated_ five bucks and I told him to contact DocAn who was handling all rerolls in previous session?  :facepalm

Btw: there were ALWAYS at least few people who complained about this game, even before Reloaded was launched, they kept posting shit about how much it fails and sucks and so on. We simply don't care about it. If we did, we would close this thing long ago.

We're making the game for those who like it, or who might like it. If you don't like it, then please don't play it. I don't play the games I don't like :)
I dont know if you are answering to me or what because i never said the game was shit or that i didnt like it. you get defensive for no reason, all i said was that you have unused maps and a lot of suggestions about what to do with them.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 01:31:52 am »
To beer
i saw your sarcasm the first time! Lol. So i wonder if you realize i ended up agreeing with you, that cool places like Mariposa could be used for advanced dungeons. I agree. (No adv workbenches in Safe Houses though - too easy).

To Kilgore
Wow, that's the most i ever saw from you. It's a goldmine. To finally see so many thoughts straight from the mind of the lead dev! Thanks. I promise you, this community is eating up your words like starving children - it breaths some life/hope into some people's game day. Kilgore, maybe you could just make some announcement like...

Starting next week, the following things will be ignored so we can focus more on actual development:
* All minor bug reports. (Keep posting important ones, please.)
* All suggestions for improvements to the game
* All requests for password resets
* Nearly every single requesthelp, unless it appeals strongly to us to respond
* Idle chat on IRC
* Requests for help fixing some problem with a Re-Roll
* Requests regarding base access, leadership issues, etc
* All inquires about how to be a developer - see contributions from Corosive and Slowhand for that help
* And a ton of other things that limit our development time
* All offers to do admin work

We will not however stop monitoring character activity, watching for rules violations, and imposing bans as usual. So if you play from now until wipe, do NOT lose your password, do NOT re-roll a char wrong, do NOT resign a faction leader, do NOT expect help moving your items, do NOT ask me about wipe, do NOT offer to be an admin, do NOT expect me to reply to any PM, etc.

We acknowledge the things listed above are important, but we just cannot do it all and stay focused on dev work. Yes we need more helpers but we don't even have time to fix that now either. Be patient - we will get over a hump and the list above can be deleted. Want to make maps? Great! Do it! But work as junior devs on your own for now, until we can get to a breathing point, at which time we can maybe coordinate with you. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Sound okay?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 06:50:26 am »
Nope, it doesn't. It is completely wrong. These are typical things that should be taken care of, not ignored.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »
Nope, it doesn't. It is completely wrong. These are typical things that should be taken care of, not ignored.

I think his post was meant to be sarcastic - a kind of a way to make people see the tip of the iceberg of work that's being done on a daily basis.

Sadly almost no one will understand, maybe except those who work in either customer support or as software developers/programmers.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:06:25 pm by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 04:21:23 pm »

I think his post was meant to be sarcastic - a kind of a way to make people see the tip of the iceberg of work that's being done on a daily basis.

Sadly almost no one will understand, maybe except those who work in either customer support or as software developers/programmers.

Or just work at all :D
GUN FOR HIRE