April 26, 2024, 01:46:14 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Completed list] Buffing/making low tier guns more lethal.  (Read 9514 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Buffing/making low tier guns more lethal.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »
Kilgore plans on making the Assualt Rifle as strong as the XLOE, and then making the XLOE uncraftable and better. Like how we have Vindicators.

I knew about XL, but had no info about Assault Rifle. Good to know. Still I would leave Assault as mid-tier long range weapon and put something new in place of A.Rifle OR drag A.Rifle in place of XL and put something in place of A.Rifle. Just my opinion.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 09:57:21 am »
I read and support the shotgun changes too ;) Though I can agree attaching more than just extra damage to them might help too.

But about the sawnoff in particular, the way you described it working, with extremely short range (just over that of a flamer) but compensated by boosted output (damage or cc etc) would be very interesting. Personally I have always felt the sawnoff could fall into the SMG category, as a one handed gun, capable of both single fire and burst and low in AP cost.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:05 am »
FN Fal looked much cooler than Assault Rifle :/
FN Fal could be stronger at single shot/burst but lower range than it, just a "close-range" type of ar.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 10:43:46 am »
FN Fal looked much cooler than Assault Rifle :/
FN Fal could be stronger at single shot/burst but lower range than it, just a "close-range" type of ar.

The FN FAL is like the G11 in my eyes, as in it's annoying to get, can't be crafted and at the same time it isn't competitive with other similar guns that are easy to get and can be crafted with bonuses.

Is there 2 variants of the FNFAL too? I remember there being a NV scope version at least.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 10:50:06 am »
FN FAL is craftable, you can even craft FN FAL HPPFA version. You cant only craft night vision one. Please read CAREFULLY FIRST POST, there's info about assault rifles at the end of first page. I want to make Night Visions one craftable, please read in which way. Nowadays it has same dmg as 10mm pistol or mauser...
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:08 am »
FN FAL is craftable, you can even craft FN FAL HPPFA version. You cant only craft night vision one.

I knew it was at least one of them ;D

I also agree about the strange idea of the XL having a scope on it but only being used in practice as a point blank burst gun ::) it's a big contradiction in its design. But the gun is established as being THE one hex SG burst gun (the meta for its category), it might have to be replaced (in stats) by another gun to fill the void if it was changed too much.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 01:31:47 pm »
FN FAL is craftable, you can even craft FN FAL HPPFA version. You cant only craft night vision one.

I knew it was at least one of them ;D

I also agree about the strange idea of the XL having a scope on it but only being used in practice as a point blank burst gun ::) it's a big contradiction in its design. But the gun is established as being THE one hex SG burst gun (the meta for its category), it might have to be replaced (in stats) by another gun to fill the void if it was changed too much.

That's what I suggest with Assault Rifles as all class, it's worthy to read it. I don't want to nerf bursters or small gunners.
GUN FOR HIRE

Heyfray

• Old World Flag
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 05:32:57 pm »
I support all of this
+1

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »
I like the idea (specially about shotguns making more damage at close range) because i don't like to see that amount of weapons being useless. Why use now any other small gun having XL, sniper rifle, jackhammer, 223 and 14mm? Anyway Reloaded doesn't have really good PvE features and this change should come with better and more profitable dungeons or more dangerous ways to gather resources.

+1

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 06:14:46 pm »
BUMP

Okay, I want to bump this thread as I updated it. In 1st and 3rd post on first page of this thread you have all info I wanted to add. I hope you will like it and leave some feedback.

I wish you will do it in 2-3 days so on weekend (Sunday for example) Kilgore and rest of developing team will see your answers and decide if it's good for this server and it's future, or just bury me with this suggest under tons of wasteland sand. May the Gods will be with me, and defend me from Kilgore's rage :D
GUN FOR HIRE

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »
Awesome suggestion +over 9000. MUST! Mad Matt you make good work!!!
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 06:50:09 pm »
Awesome suggestion +over 9000. MUST! Mad Matt you make good work!!!

Erm, thx Jarok...didn't except such a compliment :D

I don't want to overbuff it, just make it more usefull in encounters, easiest caravans and etc. In same time making encounters a little bit more dangerous, but wastelands should be harsh :D

Anyway, thx for feedback...I'm waiting for more  ;D
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 08:38:06 pm »
If kilgore was worried about newps being pummeled both by NPCs and players because of the changes, I say to mention what I had said before about keeping the tier 1 guns as peashooters and equipping the pleb npcs with them, or making a tier 0 and downgrading some of the guns into it for the same purpose.

There can still be trash guns that are good for almost nothing (aside from making low level NPC fights), there's still plenty of other guns that could use a buff right?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 08:40:27 pm »
If kilgore was worried about newps being pummeled both by NPCs and players because of the changes, I say to mention what I had said before about keeping the tier 1 guns as peashooters and equipping the pleb npcs with them, or making a tier 0 and downgrading some of the guns into it for the same purpose.

There can still be trash guns that are good for almost nothing (aside from making low level NPC fights), there's still plenty of other guns that could use a buff right?

You can equip such a crappy riders in BB Guns, Zip Guns and Pipe Rifles (Powder Gangers use Pipe Rifles).

I didn't change them, and they still sucks. Everyone is happy and finally even crafted 9mm mausers have more use.

Edit:

In such a case low level riders and bandits (f.e. Jackals) can still use their peashooters against noobs, but noobs can fight them with 9mm Mauser shooting them for not 7-9 dmg but for 12 at least and belive me. It makes difference.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:43:24 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 09:57:25 am »
BIG FAT BUMP
GUN FOR HIRE