April 28, 2024, 05:08:22 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: New Perk: Disarm.  (Read 3048 times)

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
New Perk: Disarm.
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:51:56 pm »
If your enemy misses from melee range and you are unarmed or have a melee weapon equipped, there is a chance that he will drop his weapon.
 - This chance should be higher if the enemy has ranged weapon (firearm).
 - Should work on NPC's as well, both direction, if an NPC has this perk.

I would say that I would look into the code and make it, also fixing the In your Face perk, but with the promising upcoming changes to combat, it would be probably futile.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:29:39 pm by Slowhand »

FireFlare

Re: New Perk: Disarm.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 09:18:29 pm »
Isn't this like already something by crippling?

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:26:49 pm »
No.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:39 pm »
+1 I see it useful for a melee PvE farmer

FireFlare

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »
No.
Well then how is this different from crippling?

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:03 pm »
Well then how is this different from crippling?

It is a defensive mechanism. The melee'ers goal is to get close, from there he/she/it should have the upper hand, as long as he is using melee weapons/unarmed against the opponent who want to shoot at him point blank range.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 11:30:57 pm »
We have jinxed trait already.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 12:12:42 am »

Which is proven being broken since ancient broken tc 2238 session.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 03:01:06 am »

Good, then keep using Jinxed.

I want something that I can use in PVE as well as melee, that is somewhat reliable, and would not kill me if I miss a swing on an NPC.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 09:24:12 am »
For HtH character lets think about AC perks for both PvE and PvP game style. I can't imagine how your proposition will work for public PvE locations where NPCs are not lootable (towns, Warehouse, Ares).

mdgeist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 09:36:48 am »
A casual disarm mechanism is to aime for the arms of your opponents. So a critical attack, with ranged or unarmed/melee can cripple your enemies bodypart and so disarm him.

In melee, the perk "in your face!" sounds nice, but i read that its broken right now. Otherwise, it would be a nice perk for every melee fighter.
I'm missing good melee perks too. With the trait heavy handed and a mega powerfist, you can keep your opponents almost down, but the melee dmg is not that high. A super sledge give you more dmg, but hits your enemy out of your range, not that cool. Some kind of "sword" (like the ripper, but even bigger) with a penetration perk or so would be nice. The super caddle prod, for example, got the accuracy weapon perk, which is not that usefull...

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 10:06:10 am »
For HtH character lets think about AC perks for both PvE and PvP game style.

Let's think AC perks, like let's fix AC and Chance to hit mechanic? Yeah, that would be cool also, but another story. Why are you so against this suggestion? What is your real problem with this perk? It's another perk, another solution maybe for someone's build.

I can't imagine how your proposition will work for public PvE locations where NPCs are not lootable (towns, Warehouse, Ares).

You do realize that giving this much input, is not really a feedback. I can't even guess if you feel that it's useless, or overpowered, or annoyingly trolling, or you actually really can't imagine it and you shared this with me for a reason I can't imagine why.

But okay, at least I got some idea from it. Let's say that IYF get's fixed (maybe even I will look into it when I make tutorials about combat mechanics, but that later), how about shotguns and other weapons would have a/the "close range" weapon perk, which reduces/negates the IYF effect, just in case it would be OP.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 11:08:37 am »
What is your real problem with this perk? It's another perk, another solution maybe for someone's build.
OK, so show here example build for it. Don't forget this is an HtH build so it should required some Close Combat skill, higher than 100%. I just think it's gonna be useless perk, but maybe I'm wrong.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:48 pm »
Hm, you gave me a better idea! It should be a game mechanic or support perk instead of a perk! If you got > 150% Close Combat you get this automatically or from a quest. But anyways, I would like to see Deathclaws or higher level melee mobs disarm people when they try to point blank shot them.

And about you Worldremaker, you are way to obsessed with meta builds. Builds shall exist freely, regardless how many people would use it, or how effective those people would be. Ofc, they should be tried to be balanced all the time, but leaving freedom for others is important in this matter.
Since you wanted to know, PvP wise I wanted it as a backup if someone tries to one hex my melee char with bursts, PvE wise I wanted it to help me level up in random encounters/caves.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 01:57:08 pm »
You wondered about this because you don't want that this perk as regullar, taking one perk slot anymore. Now you want make this perk as support perk, nice try but hell no!
Every tanks, sniper, sneak and any other build will have it in short time "for free". Thank you for suggestion!

You didn't prepre HtH build example with this perk. Reason? You can't propably plan how to put this perk to character. Even tip about Close Combat skill requirements doesn't help you.

TOTAL: -1
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 02:57:10 pm by worldremaker »