April 29, 2024, 10:49:49 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Non-pvp build HELP  (Read 6997 times)

Niner

• View Profile
Non-pvp build HELP
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:12:14 am »
I plan on using a build were I myself dont have to be in direct combat, but instead my companions do all the work, therefore I would need as much companions as possible, therefore 10 CH is a must. I decided that seeing how I wont be doing the fighting it would prob be best that I upgrade the crap out of sneak and just sit back during the fight and watch. The problem is I dont know were to throw all of my other SPECIAL stats. My build currently looks like this:

S ?
P ?
E ?
C 10
I ?
A 10
L ?

I'm thinkin of maybe putting the rest of my points into PE and EN just so that a) I can see the enemy before me, and b) I have somewhat decent health to be able to survive a few hits even though I wont be the target in PvP (im assuming) instead it would be my companions. ST I wont need any because I wont me fighting melee, and my companions can carry everything. I wont need LU because im not fighting XD and IN I could use but I have priorities.

So with that said can someone tell me if im completely absurd or not? btw im new to Reloaded :3 but not FOnline.

and incase you are curious the reason why I dont want to be reliant on combat is because of a bad internet connection im currently on, combat in this game is very very difficult.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:34:02 pm by Matulaak »

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
Re: Non-combat slaver build HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 03:28:30 am »
You can get +CHR drugs and equips, 10 is higher than I see being reasonable personally, and as a PKer, I'll give you a friendly warning...  You are always at risk of becoming a PvP target and NPC companions won't be of help except to perhaps take a few bullets for you.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:55:13 am »
You do know that Followers, companions, slaves, etc can't attack players right? Also probably going 7 CH is best as for mentats gives +2 and beer gives +1 (which are both easily obtained). There are also some upgraded armor mods, shades, and power helmet but don't expect those to be common.

Also slaves won't be that good. They're extremely weak and vulnerable to anything basically...especially laser. Followers/companions are good though if you level them up and give them good gear. Don't go mercernaries unless you got billions of caps...

And yes, you are being absurd by doing this...either way you're gonna have to fight when your followers die and to level up that character. I highly suggest not to waste your time on doing this. Go for a 1-2 companion leader, turn based character and PvE with that.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:33 am »
First of all if this is your first character, forget it and build something else. As Yuno mentioned companions/slaves won't fight players and are pretty shit at fighting NPC's (unless you want to enslave that NPC, in which case they will pummel it til its dead - and for that reason leave companions at home while slaving).

The trouble with a slaver character is you need 2 things you would normally dump i.e. CH (for companions) and IN (For raising speech), so its combat viability suffers greatly. You can offset some of this by dumping LK and ST, just use drugs and expect to have a few critical misses but this character will spend very little time in combat anyway. Once it has its full compliment of slaves it will spend most of its time taking them to and from mines. And don't bother with sneak for this build either.

When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Niner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 04:32:09 pm »
Alrighty thanks, ditching the character as we speak. But now I must ask: is there any character build (maybe a stealth build) that excels in just running away from other players? I still fight enemy ai, its just the human players that make combat impossible?

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
Re: Non-pvp build HELP
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 06:16:07 pm »
Any sneak build will keep you out of enemy sights as long as they don't have motion sensor or extremely good vision. You need 300% sneak to be effective though, so either make a high INT build (which is a good idea anyway if you're starting out solo) or have a plan to level it up until you get 300 sneak.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 09:01:58 pm »
Wow. Um. I'm glad to see someone with such motivation they will work THAT hard to do things their own way. I salute you and your resolve. However...no way to say this but to simply be direct: FIGHT BACK MAN! Avoid other players, okay, but only at first. Once leveled, you should certainly fight back, and you totally can. Lacking skills? Hinkley!

Also, find a team and you'll climb the learning curve staircase much faster, with some combat support.

If you plan to mine, then level up a Close Combat miner! My miner takes on 2 enemies at a time and wins, so 1v1 is easy. You don't have to be a victim all the time! C'mon! Get into this game more  - embrace this harsh environment - and get tougher, more confident and capable.

(PM me if you'd like more info about strong mining.) (And come chat with Claw Company Mercs for any help. We use TeamSpeak.)

+++   +++   +++

Now, about your plan. As others are pointing out, Charisma 10 is way overkill. If you intend to do something like this, CH 5 is fine. You get +2 CH from Mentats, and +1 CH from beer. Then you get another +1 from bonus armor (which you will get if you craft armor). You will also eventually find the some mirrored shades. Yes those are considered rare but somehow i have 2 of them. All of these things that give you bonus CH are only necessary at the moment you get additional followers. After followers join you, you can remove the shades and let those drugs run out, take off that armor and your followers stay.

So CH 5 will work and you get 5 points back. You need EN 10. Everyone does. Exceptions are rare.

If you ever tag Sneak, you'll want it to 300, no less. That means high leveling, so maybe higher IN. That's why i suggest its too much to combine Sneak with this plan. And any Sneak character will want Silent Running. We only get 8 perks. Using 1 perk for Sneaking means Sneaks are specialized. At lest that's what it means to me.

I do have to smile at your plan though! :) It's the most unusual approach i have seen yet to surviving here.

UPDATE: Oh i see now you have bad connection. That sucks for PvP. Gotta fix that somehow.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 09:19:53 pm by Henry »

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 09:40:39 pm »
Hey, this is my build, maybe it helps you. I don't PvP, only PVE.

ST - 5
PE - 5/6
EN - 8
CH - 1
IN - 6
AG - 10
LK - 6/5

PE and LK are swappable, sometimes I feel higher PE would be better, but again, higher luck better resistance vs High sniper rolls. If you fell that if a sniper catches you, you are dead anyways, then take 1 LK and raise PE and EN more. Then take a perk with criticals to have the same effect on offense.

Traits:

Fast shot
(Small frame for the 1 extra stat. This will lower you carry wight a lot, but you get 110 max if you get both of the support perks at level 6, from Redding and Brokne Hills.)

TAGS:
Small Guns -  Starting to farm at low/mid level (Combat shotgun is best imo)
Big Guns - For higher end farm
First Aid - To easier get to max, for better heals.

(Sneak is useless, if you want to PVE because, you don't want to strike first, and people usually catch you when you are fighting mobs and you can't enter sneak anyways.)

Perks to go on levels:

3. Weapon handling - To give you the extra ST required for Big Guns.
6. Even More Criticals - To get more damage in PVE
9. Sharkshooter - To compensate for the low PE
12. Action boy/Lifegiver
15. Action boy.
18. Bonus Rate of Fire
21. Up to you.
24. Up to you.

Raise Small Guns fast, so you have 150 in it till level 9, to take sharpshooter. Rest FA, Repair if you craft, maybe Lockpick to get the chest from City encounters, 100 should be enough.

Well this is what I use for PVE, worked best so far for me.

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 10:09:26 pm »
Yuck can we shun turn based action boy builds? Have you never played tactics?!

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 11:34:36 pm »
Yuck can we shun turn based action boy builds? Have you never played tactics?!
No I haven't. AP also helps to mine faster just in case he ends up in quarries.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 12:08:28 am »
You mentioned wanting to make a build around companions. Yet some jokers are recommending you to use mentats  :facepalm

Be aware that popping mentats and beer WONT give you extra party points. So roll with 10 CHA.
Preferably go 10 EN, 1 str (companions have carry weight), 1 LK, Whatever is left in PE, AG and INT, could even lower END a bit for that.

Traits: Fast shot and small frame. Tags: EW, Speech, FA (or whatever you wish)

Fast shot and EW so you can choose to be slightly viable in TB combat if you wish. EW laser rifle spam works well.
I don't need to mention that this build is pretty much worthless in pvp, but it can be amusing for pve.

Suggested perks: Adrenaline rush, 2x toughness, Lifegiver 3x, Man of steel, bonus rate of fire

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 12:23:02 am »
You mentioned wanting to make a build around companions. Yet some jokers are recommending you to use mentats  :facepalm

Be aware that popping mentats and beer WONT give you extra party points. So roll with 10 CHA.

Double :facepalm. Wrong. Mentats and those other things DO boost your Party Points, so going full 10 Charisma is a terrible waste.

Fast Shot is good advice, and so is BRoF. For avoiding other players (and generally surviving better), switch to Real-Time, especially when driving a car. In RT you can exit forced encounters much more quickly. Ahh but you have that slow connection problem. Need to test for this statement to be validated in your case.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:38:51 am by Henry »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 09:12:44 am »

Double :facepalm. Wrong. Mentats and those other things DO boost your Party Points, so going full 10 Charisma is a terrible waste.

Fast Shot is good advice, and so is BRoF. For avoiding other players (and generally surviving better), switch to Real-Time, especially when driving a car. In RT you can exit forced encounters much more quickly. Ahh but you have that slow connection problem. Need to test for this statement to be validated in your case.

As far as I know, taking mentats and beer does NOT allow you to hire an extra companion. Unless i've seriously been missing something.

EDIT: Looks like im wrong here, turns out you can get companions and mercs just fine using mentats and beer. A little testing shows I got myself a dog just fine after popping mentats and beer
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:18:53 am by Gooseberry »

racoon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 06:44:08 pm »
dude companions are too weak to fight even simple raiders. they can barely heal themselves, has low hp and resists... even slags in v15 will destroy your team. also 7 cha is max, because you need 10 just to recruit them so use beer + mentats.

Niner

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2015, 02:10:28 am »
Thanks everybody for there opinions, really appreciate it.

Soon after I posted my last reply I found a thread on here called "best sniper build"
so I decided to go with what was said in that thread, seeing how my game only seems to lag when im within 5 hexes from a player in combat it sorta forced me to go with a more long range build so that if I do get into a pvp situation I may still have a chance as long as I keep my distance. My build currently looks like this:

S 3
P 9
E 6
C 1
I 2
A 9
L 10

Tags: small guns, first aid and outdoors
Perks: small frame and finesse

I will go and make an alt character, that character will be a slaver. I think I' make the following build:

S 7
P 1
E 5
C 7
I 9
A 9
L 1

Tags: barter, speech and repair
Perks: small frame and jinxed

This character will be a merchant, yes a human player controlled merchant, I'll see if I can purchase a cave and then gather as much slaves, brahmin and even gear as I can, then sell them to whoever is interested, cuz why the hell not? XD might be fun.