April 24, 2024, 10:50:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Pyro build  (Read 6068 times)

OldBoy

• View Profile
Pyro build
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:09:46 pm »
I dont see topic with Pyro builds so make this one :)

SPECIAL:
5 STR - Flamethrower Fuel have high weight so 5 is minimum to not being frustrated when cant load more ammo :)
9 PER - For better orientation on the battleground.
10 END - obv
1 CHR - obv
4 INT - For players who dont want bother requirements of certain merchants or dont have plenty of time to grind levels.
10 AGI- For two bursts in short time.
1 LK - For fun :) If you choose to set INT at 1, i recommend spend that 3 points in luck. Always its a lower chance to explode Incinerator in your hands ;)

Skills tagged:
Big Guns
First Aid
Doctor

Traits:
Fast Shot
Second for your choice.

Perks:
Quick Recovery
Adrenaline Rush
Even Tougher
Pyromaniac x2
Lifegiver x2
Bonus Rate of Fire

Some tips:
- position yourself in the way that burst hit multiple enemies at one time.
- if you want hit only one crit/npc/char, shot when crit/npc/char are at maximum range of Incinerator( of course check there arent other crit/npc/char on the way)
- always burst in opposition to your allies, becouse even if you shot at crit/npc you can hit or even kill, when at low hp, your allies by accident.

I play this build in PvE and its pretty funny :)

Gooseberry

• View Profile
Re: Pyro build
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 03:15:01 pm »
Why would you want quick recovery instead of toughness? It's a great way to turn yourself into mincemeat.

Flamers don't need much SP, 1-2 int is enough.
Leftover points can be invested in luck and getting that pe to 10, to give you a bit more resistance against crits.
Fast shot is very usseful but not a must, bonehead however is. We ARE making a pvp build after all.

Edit: Didn't notice you use this in PVE. Though even there it would be better to roll with 2x toughness. Quick recovery isn't a very usseful perk.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:28:49 pm by Gooseberry »

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »
We ARE making a pvp build after all.

Chill out, dude. On server is enough space for pvp and pve players. :)
And many others thanks for suggestions how to make Pyro build usable in pvp.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:11 pm »
Take Small Frame and put extra point in PE then you can take at least Psycho and possibly beer depending how much sight you are comfortable with losing but probably advisable to take since you will be fighting at close range. You will have enough Str with carry perks to carry all the fuel you need so the reduction from SF is not a problem. You can probably afford bonehead too for a little crit resistance on the head as this build isn't going to need that much SP as it will meet the str requirements for flamer while on drugs. (Buffout and Psycho) and the other two suggested tags aren't hard to raise. (Doc 100, FA to 130 using books before any SP are spent on it).
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »
I dont see topic with Pyro builds so make this one :)

SPECIAL:
5 STR - Flamethrower Fuel have high weight so 5 is minimum to not being frustrated when cant load more ammo :)
9 PER - For better orientation on the battleground.
10 END - obv
1 CHR - obv
4 INT - For players who dont want bother requirements of certain merchants or dont have plenty of time to grind levels.
10 AGI- For two bursts in short time.
1 LK - For fun :) If you choose to set INT at 1, i recommend spend that 3 points in luck. Always its a lower chance to explode Incinerator in your hands ;)

Skills tagged:
Big Guns
First Aid
Doctor

Traits:
Fast Shot
Second for your choice.

Perks:
Quick Recovery
Adrenaline Rush
Even Tougher
Pyromaniac x2
Lifegiver x2
Bonus Rate of Fire

Some tips:
- position yourself in the way that burst hit multiple enemies at one time.
- if you want hit only one crit/npc/char, shot when crit/npc/char are at maximum range of Incinerator( of course check there arent other crit/npc/char on the way)
- always burst in opposition to your allies, becouse even if you shot at crit/npc you can hit or even kill, when at low hp, your allies by accident.

I play this build in PvE and its pretty funny :)
Fast shot affects bursts?  :o or are you taking it just for the dmg bonus?

Also - I've leveled another char using similar build lately - 1 luck = 6 exploded flamers :/
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 05:46:20 pm »
1 luck shouldn't be too much of an issue provided STR and skill requirements are met to keep the hit chance at 95 at all times. Obvious it can still miss sometimes a you will run th risk of being critical miss if that happens.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:54:15 pm »
Yes pyros are worth some time. My pyro is: 5.10.10.1.1.10.3, Small Frame + Bonehead. Bonus Incinerators make fire a lot of fun!

A-Rush, Toughness, Even Tougher.
Lifegiver, Pyromaniac, Lifegiver+, Pyromaniac+
BRoF

I use Psycho and beer for the best boosts to DT/DR (and cigs to recover 1 PE). And i use Buffout/Nuka Cola for increase to Carry Weight, but I tagged Outdoorsman so i can travel easier and skip encounters at my discretion. If they ever add a 9th perk at level 30 (like the retired Survivors server), i would add Man of Steel.

Fire is a bit under-rated here but if done well makes a good PvE farmer and otherwise fun explorer. Now that the range was increased, i have even seen them in Town Control ops - great!

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:28 pm »
This a flamer build I would make for PvP or PvE. Taking 9 PE for a flamer build  :o

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 09:11:34 pm »
I approve the above build. :D

If i could make one change I might switch out BROF for another lifegiver, just depends I guess.

Still, good build for pve.