April 28, 2024, 08:05:33 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: "Crippler" (?), its pvp viability and a few other questions.  (Read 3629 times)

jokeusa

• View Profile
"Crippler" (?), its pvp viability and a few other questions.
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:10:59 pm »
I'm thinking of rerolling and am wondering whether or not cripplers actually exist anymore. A standard non-finesse sniper barely ever did any crits on arms, much less legs, so i rolled myself a crippler with the following stats:
1/9/8/1/3/9/10
- more crit
- even more crit
- sharpshooter
- better crit
- action boy
- action boy
- silent running
- brof

Tested it for some time (in all cases using a +5 crit chance&+5 crit power gun) and about one in a 4~5 shots taken on a 10 STR/10 END mule in CAII resulted in a weapon drop. The sad thing is that actual arm cripples were quite damn rare, about 1 in a 10~15, if not worse.
Amount of leg cripples was even lower- you get -10% on crit chance compared to arms but the fact that cripple roll starts a lot lower on legs doesn't seem to have any effect (no idea why really).
And we're not even talking about using MoS which I suppose many people have picked.

So the question is - in a team-based pvp (since it seems that it's the only place where a crippler may be useful), is the only role of a crippler to make the enemies drop their guns (since actual cripples are so damn rare)?
If so, wouldn't using a standard non-crippler sniper be more benefiting towards the team you're helping?

On a side note: does any1 know if Heave Ho affects weapons only or does it extend the range of ANY thrown stuff such as for example C4 and Dynamite?
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

zinthos

Re: "Crippler" (?), its pvp viability and a few other questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:29:32 pm »
of course cripplers are viable in team pvp, best to use with finesse and Hit the Gaps. and keep in mind that not every character has 10 ST and/or man of steel, also it depends a lot of weapon itself and on armor. i think cripplers are most useful to cripple enemy snipers since they all go with 1 st.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:30:06 pm »
Yes, Hit the gaps can help a lot. Just need to put some SP to CC.
GUN FOR HIRE

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:42:56 pm »
1 perk for 5% crit chance/5% crit power? Doesn't look appealing :-\

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 01:45:07 pm »
I'm affraid there's nothing more you can do to improve it, sorry  :(
GUN FOR HIRE

zinthos

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 02:33:29 pm »
AFAIK chance to do critical damage on aimed shot gets bonus from HTG before multiplier from aimed shot applies on it, so its not only 5%. shame that its not possible to test the results on nitue.net

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:52 pm »

Considering arms are what you will be shooting (mostly, crotch shots too I guess occasionally) that 5% makes a difference.

Take finesse also of course.

The build is very strong when in a team, as a sniper (using sniper rifle of course) the only people that should be hitting you first are other snipers and maybe sneakers, and as was stated, it is a breeze knocking a gun out of a generic snipers hands.

Just don't go out alone lol.

Kaaon

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 04:02:00 pm »
only crit chance, it doesnt affect crit power
5% CC for 1 high level perk is imo not worth, more criticals is other story because its level 1 perk, HtG is much better on burster then crippler

also you cant take HtG with 1 int, good sniper build requires 1 int so requirement is not only 1 perk but also lose of SPECIAL points

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 04:56:31 pm »

Are you sure? The wording suggests it does (by cutting the crit modifier in half), but i wouldn't know if it actually does.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:19 pm »
Just don't go out alone lol.
Yeeeeea I tried having fun solo today - didn't end too well  :facepalm

AFAIK chance to do critical damage on aimed shot gets bonus from HTG before multiplier from aimed shot applies on it, so its not only 5%. shame that its not possible to test the results on nitue.net
I'm not sure I understand - isn't HTG simply adding to my overall crit chance roll?

5% CC for 1 high level perk is imo not worth, more criticals is other story because its level 1 perk, HtG is much better on burster then crippler
also you cant take HtG with 1 int, good sniper build requires 1 int so requirement is not only 1 perk but also lose of SPECIAL points
Well then, I guess it's just a matter of either the glass cannon with 2 Action Boys or 2 Lifegivers and a bit slower but safer pvp :/
I wonder though, that description of HtG is misleading if you're right.

Edit: Hmm...now that I think about it, HtG MIGHT be possible if i'd tag CC.....wonder if it's worth trading 1 AB for it though :|
Btw - is there any way to check whether or not HtG lowers the Crit Power?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:38:08 pm by jokeusa »