March 29, 2024, 12:45:02 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Not typical quests  (Read 2465 times)

dusky666

• View Profile
Not typical quests
« on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:53 pm »
Hello,
What do you think about new, mysterious, epic quests? Not siple quests like - take, give, kill - but quests where you must think, search, use somethink? Some NPC can give us little clue, some story and legend - but nothink more. WE must solve it alone or with friends. I think that quests should be hard but with really cool reward (+ to stats, some awesome armor, gun, more  hp... etc )
Im sure that quests make Fonline much more mystical, palyers will be create other stories about places, rewards, solvies...
And when we rich 24lvl, we will be got alternative to do some more than PvP ; ))

sorry for my english ; )

Wichura

• View Profile
Re: Not typical quests
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:47:47 pm »
Funny, I can't see any attachement in your post with those new, mysterious, epic quests or even raw drafts of such.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »
with really cool reward (+ to stats, more  hp... etc )

Seems excessive.

I'd love to see lots of quests etc for low and high levels, but no rewards that powerful.

The thing is there are already a few quests in the game, and even newly added quests will eventually be played out, with all the info added to the wiki etc, the "mystery" of any quest will only be temporary in this regard.

As for ideas for high level quests, I had thought, what about another quest similar to the GR mutant quest, but with the reward being focused on XP instead of loot.

Something like; killing a den of tough deathclaws threatening a town, that way the XP from killing the DCs will be high (as long as there are lots of them) and the rewards will be low (as DCs don't carry gear), there could be a couple of corpses at the den and maybe a cash or loot reward too at the end for completing the quest, but making it XP heavy is the main focus.

Sorry, i realise that is a "typical" quest, but I'd still like to see it ;)

dusky666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »
Ok, I try be now much precise. For example:
We meet some NPC, he tell us about "some powerfull power near Necropolis. But this power is not normal, people says this power can make man much more vital. But nobody know where is it becose no one come out of there alive".
When we search a regions near Necropolis, we meet other NPC, he told us about "live inside the stone. When war comming, some unknown scientist was study strange minetals and he discover how tap theirs power". And we know only this.
BUT... inside some cave will be small stone shard. In other cave will be next other stone shard. When we fix it in advanced workbench, then we make one new cristal. If we "eat" it, then our health points increase 40 points.

Believe me, only few players could find correct way in similar quests. Its just simple example and not proffesional, i think should be more informations about some quest, but in form a myth, legend.
Peoples will be talk about quests, they will be try solve them. And "cool rewards" will be incentive too. Hard quest = cool reward. For example, you can take from quest other reward - bless. You can die 3 times and u dont lose your stuff.

"Rewards" is a gentle topic. I dont wanna talk which rewards will be the best, but i think they should be rare.

What You think guys?

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »
Ty for reminding me, to propose something out of the ordinary for Reloaded. Maybe after a few posts at my tutorial, I will focus on exploring and documenting how to make out of the ordinary quests :) I have an idea, I hope I don't forget it by that time.

(+ to stats, some awesome armor, gun, more  hp... etc )

About this, well, how about after solving the quest, you get the satisfaction of doing it, maybe a good laugh and the random contents of a random city ruins encounter chest?

Im sure that such quests make FOnline much more mystical, and palyers will start to create other stories about places, rewards, solutions...

Yeah, here (sooner or later) you will have all the information needed to make a good, unique and mystical quest and contribute it to the FOnline community. We will help you with English, the rest is up to you ;)

And when we reach 24lvl, we will have alternatives to do, not only PvP ; ))

Please give us an example for this :) I know  few, but want to hear your ideas.

sorry for my english ; )

No problem, I tried to rephrase your words for easier understanding.

Funny, I can't see any attachement in your post with those new, mysterious, epic quests or even raw drafts of such.

Sometimes you need vision to see...

I'd love to see lots of quests etc for low and high levels..

Don't worry, I have a feeling, that with next wipe, there will be plenty of new quests ;)

The thing is there are already a few quests in the game, and even newly added quests will eventually be played out, with all the info added to the wiki etc, the "mystery" of any quest will only be temporary in this regard.

Actually the wiki is well written concerning the spoilers, I barely got any.

As for ideas for high level quests, I had thought, what about another quest similar to the GR mutant quest, but with the reward being focused on XP instead of loot.

Something like; killing a den of tough deathclaws threatening a town, that way the XP from killing the DCs will be high (as long as there are lots of them) and the rewards will be low (as DCs don't carry gear), there could be a couple of corpses at the den and maybe a cash or loot reward too at the end for completing the quest, but making it XP heavy is the main focus.

Sorry, i realise that is a "typical" quest, but I'd still like to see it ;)

You can make humanoid critters unlootable as well (or make them drop overused gear) no problem. Just think of the BH paladin with the initiates random encounter.

dusky666

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:08:05 pm »
"And when we reach 24lvl, we will have alternatives to do, not only PvP ; ))"
"Please give us an example for this :) I know  few, but want to hear your ideas."

But its simple, many people wanna discover new places, go through adventures... and this game allow it like any other.
Of course quests must touch post-apocaliptic climatic feels, maby take and make new and modern stories from Fallouts 1,2...

All ideas with this quests are poor loosely.
I trying know... what do you guys think about this idea. If you agree this subject (not my personal thinks), if many players want do somethink more than poor pvp after lvl 24, then maby we create somethink good ; )
I dont wanna quests which make happy only me.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:36:02 am »
Don't worry, I have a feeling, that with next wipe, there will be plenty of new quests ;)

You can make humanoid critters unlootable as well.

Yes, your tutorial on development should help a lot there, a very respectable walkthrough you have crafted there.

Also unlootable NPCs, that is true, but I figured the mutant quest is already about guns and explosives etc, plus nobody will feel ripped off for killing a bunch of DCs and getting no loot, but killing a bunch of guys blasting you with good weapons and getting nothing from them might give that feeling.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 02:00:53 am »
I made a fuck ton of puzzle like quests already, dialog puzzles, brain teasers, mystery solving stuff, clue hunting, etc, etc. New session will be much more modern and complex. Many of the new quests require a certain amount of player intelligence rather than character intelligence. But don't worry, if you can't figure them out, someone will make a decent walkthrough :P

Hope ya'll like to read :p

Don't get me wrong tho, there are also a fuck ton of "simple" quests too. It's really just a matter of personal preference. There is a good 20+ hours of questing available now. Should keep you all busy. Most of the new quests can be done with your friends too! In real time or turn based ;)

Been freakin' hectic and tiring getting this all done... You won't be disappointed. I took a lot of inspiration from TellTale games, and old school text adventures.

Here's a little guide you can read to get a little sneak peak at the new logic. Can't find the original one I read, but here's something similar.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/AlexanderFreed/20140902/224609/Branching_Conversation_Systems_and_the_Working_Writer_Part_1_Introduction.php

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 02:23:21 am »
He means, find the water chip/save the vault, destroy the master and his army, recover the geck and destroy the enclave, then break the raiders and bring the calculator to heal......
And I got one love the option.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:38:12 am »
Coro: I'm just curious, did you use of the "Ask about" button to enter answers that the player needs to remember or know somehow?

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »
Ask about feature doesn't work the way we want it, so no.

And chosen one, You don't think that season 2.0 is going to have large motherfucking decisions or plot twists? It's supposed to be a Fallout game lol...

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »
+1 I Love the idea
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 03:53:46 am »
And chosen one, You don't think that season 2.0 is going to have large motherfucking decisions or plot twists? It's supposed to be a Fallout game lol...
Uhm.......
Did you PLAY fallout? Not so much 2 because you end up going to the oil rig one way or the other, PERIOD, and killing Frank, and not so much T since you end up with two choices (kill Calculator/save Calculator), but at least in f1, you RREALLY CAN set a major game-shifting decision, join or kill.....
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...