March 28, 2024, 05:14:31 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Double Experience  (Read 15044 times)

Jish the small

Re: Double Experience
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 08:34:36 pm »
Pls no higher encounter rate. I have high outdoorsman because I DONT want to be annoyed by 5000 encounters every minute.

i think he mean higher SE rate

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2015, 10:36:36 pm »
SE are fine as they are now if you ask me, they shouldn't be "farmable" per se. Rather a rare occurance that makes your month/day/week.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 12:26:34 am »
SE are fine as they are now if you ask me, they shouldn't be "farmable" per se. Rather a rare occurance that makes your month/day/week.

For some of us it's once per 2 months :P

It could stay rare as it is, but there should be some another way to get some nice high tier stuff.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »
I'd enjoy seeing specific activities/events that attract players to certain areas/activities.

EG:
"For the next 24 hours all experience gained on caravans is doubled"
"Ghouls will give double experience for the next 24 hours"
"A rich vein was struck at Broken Hills! Miners will mine twice the ores in the same time for the coming 24 hours!"
"V15 has been infested by a rather rich raiding party, loot will now spawn every few minutes for the next 24 hours"
"A strange air hangs around modoc, giving players experience (+500) for every minute they spend there"

The above are just examples/possiblities, be creative.
Of course such a thing would require a bit more work to set up than doubling all xp, but I believe it would be a nice way to get players to come together, either to converse/coop or blow eachothers heads off.

Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »
I'd enjoy seeing specific activities/events that attract players to certain areas/activities.

EG:
"For the next 24 hours all experience gained on caravans is doubled"
"Ghouls will give double experience for the next 24 hours"
"A rich vein was struck at Broken Hills! Miners will mine twice the ores in the same time for the coming 24 hours!"
"V15 has been infested by a rather rich raiding party, loot will now spawn every few minutes for the next 24 hours"
"A strange air hangs around modoc, giving players experience (+500) for every minute they spend there"

The above are just examples/possiblities, be creative.
Of course such a thing would require a bit more work to set up than doubling all xp, but I believe it would be a nice way to get players to come together, either to converse/coop or blow eachothers heads off.

Love it. Lets just have some random fun stuff, it's Fallout for pity's sake. Hell, I say don't even announce it. Just let it happen rather often with slightly reduced rewards so it encourages people to actually travel the world map and look for it. Maybe add a minor NPC encounter to let you know what's going on. (A family being chased by ghouls, Dead miners with a note from someone they knew at Broken hills, etc. to go off Gosseberry's suggestions.)

Let the randomness also encourage socializing, spreading it by word of mouth, maybe even linking it to players in order to decrease the rate of PK'ing in a special event zone. ("Player:X told you about an influx of high value goods in the trading market and how Caravans are seeking skilled guards." -- "You killed Player:X and word got around, the caravaneers seem suspicious towards you and refuse to pay you top dollar for your services.") Maybe base it off Player-to-NPC reputation in the zone in order to get the PvP'ers some reward. ("Player:X was boasting about the fortune they made from raiding a caravan, apparently they've got an influx of high value goods." - "After you killed the notorious raider Player:X the caravan master was very thankful and gave you a bonus to your pay for the next Y hours.")

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:39 pm »
Kilgore today is my 21st Birthday give me Double XP!! Hehehe  ;D

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 10:33:49 pm »
Kilgore today is my 21st Birthday give me Double XP!! Hehehe  ;D
Shiiieeettt come down this weekend and get a lesson from beer on how to drink like a man

Strike

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 04:53:20 am »
I haven't played for a while and it seem you got some nice events :o

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 02:16:28 pm »
How about this again next weekend? i missed the previous one   :(

Yeah we can do it this weekend (19-20.09)

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 03:41:14 pm »
Awwww, next one please :'( - it's hard to get anything done on such short notice!
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Dendito

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 03:49:47 pm »

Awesome, thanks.

Awwww, next one please :'( - it's hard to get anything done on such short notice!
Short notice? he announced it 3 days ago  :o

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2015, 04:00:29 pm »
Short notice? he announced it 3 days ago  :o
Caaarp! Just noticed it now ;/

Still, over a week would've been sexier!
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

zinthos

« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2015, 11:08:31 pm »

shouldnt it have started already?  :( :( :'(