May 01, 2024, 11:05:13 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: CH and IN  (Read 3280 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
CH and IN
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:47:34 am »
Charisma and Intelligence; It seems like these stats are quite useless (with intelligence being more useful at low levels, and useless at high levels) in comparison to others, so I though we may be able to put out some ideas to making them a more attractive special to builds, charisma in particular (as it has the "lowest" value of the SPECIAL score).

As an example idea I figured something like;

Higher charisma increases (base) AC values and possibly even increases DR and DT values slightly. The theory there being it is "harder" to shoot/kill a pretty boy/girl ;) It's not perfect but it kind of makes sense and would give CH (and maybe AC too) some real value.

And say for example if intelligence increased crit chance, by half of the value of luck, or increased crit rolls instead.

Doing this on top of what they already do as an example, to give reason for varied builds and permanent value to these stats, which really are considered "dump stats" in the scheme of things.

I like the above ideas more than say, attaching charisma and intelligence to certain perks to force their usage by certain builds, as their value versus other stats is still very low (plus that would encourage more "standard" builds and less variety really).

Apologies if this has already been overly discussed, but the topic can be shut if it's an old or irrelevant issue.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: CH and IN
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:26 am »
Binding crit roll with int seems quiet interesting. Anyway Im afraid devs have something on their mind about it, they've said once in some thread (cannot remember which one), that they have some plans to make those two stats more effective and usefull.
GUN FOR HIRE

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:55:24 am »
Charisma and Intelligence; It seems like these stats are quite useless
They are useless.

Intelligence is a dump stat since there is no level cap.

Charisma only effects followers and party size so has nothing to do with PvP. If Charisma and Intelligence were ever changed to be needed in PvP, that would have to rework the entire SPECIAL and perk system then.

Your suggestion for charisma is disgusting, and for intelligence, it will only make snipers OP. So -1
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:59:27 am »
If well ballanced it wouldnt make them OP, cause they would need to take less points in END, LK or PE.
Anyway as I know, there will be some kind of stats change.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 10:51:06 am »
Charisma and Intelligence; It seems like these stats are quite useless
They are useless.

Intelligence is a dump stat since there is no level cap.

Charisma only effects followers and party size so has nothing to do with PvP. If Charisma and Intelligence were ever changed to be needed in PvP, that would have to rework the entire SPECIAL and perk system then.

Your suggestion for charisma is disgusting, and for intelligence, it will only make snipers OP. So -1

The int suggestion is actually perfect, snipers already aren't in a very strong position. But what makes it really shine is the fact that sniper builds are the only builds out there that cannot be "perfect". They simply lack SPECIAL points to do so. Tying crit roll to int will not result in OP snipers walking around with 10-20 extra critroll. You simply do not have enough SPECIAL points in the first place to do so and already have to roll with lower end, luck, ag or PE right now.

Attaching +1 critroll per int would make int more usseful for certain classes without really breaking balance. It would also give melee chars a bit of a boost.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:38:39 am »
Anyway Im afraid devs have something on their mind about it, they've said once in some thread (cannot remember which one), that they have some plans to make those two stats more effective and usefull.

Interesting, I wonder what these plans might be.

While we wait to find out, anyone got any good ideas for charisma?
I had figured linking it to some kind of toughness might make more options for tank heavy builds.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:40:34 pm by Blarney »

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 11:40:07 pm »
+1......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

IronKing24

• A man chooses a slave obeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 01:45:57 am »
if ch and int had more abilities to them ill be so happy so +1

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 07:29:27 am »
Better make tactical combat skill on reserved slot. Somethign that will allow commander to see his teammates thru walls send them commands and tag hexes + gib bonuses to them like +3% normal resist or +5 heal rate. I can provide scripts for that for sure.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 02:55:44 am »
Better make tactical combat skill on reserved slot. Somethign that will allow commander to see his teammates thru walls send them commands and tag hexes + gib bonuses to them like +3% normal resist or +5 heal rate. I can provide scripts for that for sure.

Interesting thought, has the reserved skill already got plans? Sounds similar to the AoP system, which I love personally, but am not sure how it would work out exactly here.

Charisma giving benefits to people around you isn't a bad theory though, hmm, I wonder if it could be done in a more simpler manner than AoP has done without being broken or whatever.

Something like, people with high charisma having a radius around them in which faction mates or "friendlies" receive some kind of non stacking buff, the size and or effect relative to how high charisma is.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 11:09:17 am »
Better make tactical combat skill on reserved slot.

The other problem with this idea specifically is in fonline reloaded, getting a high skill is only held back by high levels, so, in practice, only the fully grinded out PvP players will get advantage from this.

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 11:37:21 am »
I like the CH for aura as well, but this way only 1 person needs the CH, could be and alt for this puspose even. Imo, it can enhanced, by the bonus received from the commander would be bigger if the soldiers have some CH as well, limited by both the max CH of commander and the soldiers. The commander gives bonus only to those who tagged him, (reduce tag range) so enemy has options to reduce the advantage of the other team, besides killing the commander.

If you don't have anyone tagged, or the person you tagged has lower CH than anyone near you (or sight range) who did not tag the same person, you would get negative bonuses because you are intimidated by the enemy, or others around you.

Note: if the formula for bonus given is 1*CH and for bonus received is CH*2, builds can be made with lower CH as soldiers to benefit from bigger CH bonuses from commander, so only commander nees high CH and soldiers get on with less, as they need more raw power.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:41:19 am by Slowhand »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 11:44:34 am »
My thought was; the charisma aura would only effect teammates and not yourself, and the aura itself would be very small until your charisma was beyond at least 4, that way, multiple people with high charisma in your group is not so bad, as they give eachother the buff, instead of only having 1 "leader" who does not receive the buff and could be killed (removing the buff for the whole team).

I have no idea what would be a reasonable buff for the aura to grant though.

Yeah if think if the aura idea was applied, a high CH would have to give range and bonus effects, otherwise there'd be almost no reason to go past a certain point.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:46:24 am by Blarney »

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:23 am »
And what with agility? Its a stat in the same position that endurance. Someone see a good char with less than 9-10 agi? Its kinda funny that tanks have 9-10 agility. They should be "true tanks" with less agility, not "rabbit tanks"   ;)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 11:01:53 am »
And what with agility? Its a stat in the same position that endurance. Someone see a good char with less than 9-10 agi? Its kinda funny that tanks have 9-10 agility. They should be "true tanks" with less agility, not "rabbit tanks"   ;)

THIS
GUN FOR HIRE