April 23, 2024, 07:13:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Black screen that says error  (Read 7689 times)

Edan

• View Profile
Black screen that says error
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:41:39 am »
When I start fallout online.exe it gives me a black screen that just says errors. I tried doing the stuff like deleting the stuff in the cache folder and that didn't help. I also did the full compact client and it still doesn't work. Also I changed some stuff to notepad to see if anything needed to be fix, I don't know if that did anything also, but if it did just let me know.

Charlie

• TS3 Public Server Admin
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Black screen that says error
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 04:51:52 am »
I also did the full compact client
Which one did you download, the "full" or "compact"?
If you did the Compact then you have to have the "master.dat and critter.dat from your Fallout2 CD", if you don't have the files then you'll need the full client.
I suggest you try re-downloading the full client here - http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=1.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 08:13:06 am by Charlie »

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
I've downloaded the full client and I tried re-downloading it a couple of times, I also downloaded the other one because I have the disc. Yet it still doesn't work. Could switching some of the documents to notepad make it have the errors?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 06:36:58 pm »
There's two play icons. Try the other one.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 09:14:09 pm »
I tried the other one that says FOnlineGL.exe its just a black screen. I waited about 10 minutes, should I just wait longer?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 09:17:37 pm »
Nope.
Are you sure that firewall doesn't block it?
Btw please read: http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=2348.0 -> Client troubleshooting

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:45:35 pm »
I was looking in my fire wall and I couldn't find it. But I noticed in my FOnline: 2238 configtool it says main path files master.dat is in the fallout.dat but the critters.dat is not listed yet. Would it be in the fallout.dat also, or would I need to import the critter.dat into the folder?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 10:15:22 pm »
If you downloaded full client then you don't need any additional .dat files from CD.

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 11:16:45 pm »
In the Fonline 2238 configtool/datafiles/mainfiles what should the critter.dat box have in it because I don't have anything in it?

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 09:32:41 am »
Path to critter.dat file. Click on ... then show a path to that file. I have master.dat and critter.dat in main FoR folder.

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »
Is it find though if my critter.dat and master.dat are on notepad though?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:25 pm »
As I wrote above, if you downloaded full client then you don't need those files to run the game, the problem is elsewhere. Black screen saying errors happens when your client is unable to connect to the server and download cache for some reason.

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »
Well what first was happening was that it was normal but it only said cant reach server, then I started reading in the help that you might just need to delete the stuff in the cache folder. So after I did that the black error screen came up. Well then if its just that I cant reach the server then I'll just wait for the next update, aslo would someone tell Italianstalian that I am not able to get on my name is Edan in the game.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 04:11:06 am »
I always get the errors table with the black screen when I'm deleting the cache folder. To solve this I'm clicking on the first error position from top (run the game). After connect failure everything is back to normal. :) Try this.

Edan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:24 pm »
Well luck is on your side then. But hopefully in the next wipe or update they will fix this problem. Also should I try to log in with my game account and try it or not? And this goes out to the people that might know how to fix it, could you please put a video up on youtube so people can see how you fix it and put the link in this discussion area please.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:47:07 pm by Edan »