March 29, 2024, 09:17:13 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Strange things after rollback  (Read 2681 times)

zinthos

Strange things after rollback
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »
First of all i logged in the game in the morning and i found my char on a respawn location with all my gear from tc before (didnt die):

it seems like it's a fake respawn since i found no NPCs guarding.

then later i encountered a 97 hp player in my own base and he said he just saw it on the worldmap:

a little side note on this. before the rollback me and my friend i share my base with performed a reroll on our characters, after the rollback we got back our pre-reroll characters. the interesting part is that we found another new character invited to our base along with this guy, and since we rerolled our chars inside the base, those were invited too. now that our rerolled characters disappeared and new ones were invited with the same number, our best guess on this is that those NEW players got our characters' IDs from before the rollback. and yes, i was 100% sure that NOONE followed us during traveling to our base + if it happened like that, none of them could invite anyone.

mentioning this in order to warn people to check their private bases if they have newly invited unknown players after the rollback.

Daytona

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Strange things after rollback
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »
Hmm interesting. RP it off :)

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 09:11:18 pm »
glith?
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:09:51 am »
I once seen one guys base also but it was last session. Base appeard out of nowhere on my mining alt.

Admiral Zombie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:53 pm »
On the invader in your base...

A long long long time ago, back in the days of 2238 my group and I noticed we were all able to see a base that was not our usual. We looted the hell out of it...

We later found the owners, and were generous and gave the stuff back. Got in contact with admins and learned that we somehow managed to accidentally get the same faction name when we applied for one, which apparently would reveal their base to us.

I do not know if this is relevant, when I say a long time ago, I mean back in 2238 days, so this was years ago. I don't know how much of the faction code is the same, or if that glitch was ever solved.

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:06:58 am »
Had gear on me i never seen before after a relog - some unknown (to me) crafter's  leather jacket. Havent seen glitches since it was reset after. Sure hope bases n tents r safe now?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:50:22 am »
I hope our bases are safe...I have 2 PA sets, few implants, and many advenced special CA sets...
GUN FOR HIRE

eight8

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »
zinthos i have the same problem. reroled char disaper.i killed this one gy and delete him froum my depot. i see my cars start disaper... 2 buggy, highwyman, vertibird. all cars and verti froum depot.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:19:54 pm by eight8 »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:21 pm »
I had some guy crazzyc420 in my database as friend.

Edit:
I found the reason of this glitch, propably.
For sure:
- expell [player not found] from your factions,
- set neutral status when you have [player not found] in your database.

Reason (step by step):
1. When you created some characters before this rollback, and added them to faction database they were added as ID of them.
2. Rollback deleted these characters but it didnt do the same with the faction database and IDs of characters stayed there with the rights setted up.
3. When after rollback someone created character and get the same ID what you had before rollback on your character then this new char get the rights for your faction/bases.

Is there possibility of it?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:53:20 pm by worldremaker »

Dank Anel

• Supporter
  • Makes FOnline better since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 08:39:08 pm »
Had gear on me i never seen before after a relog - some unknown (to me) crafter's  leather jacket. Havent seen glitches since it was reset after. Sure hope bases n tents r safe now?
Tents are safe for sure(ofc if u didnt have maps inside base)
fuck my grama fuck my engilsh... come fight little pusses!!!!!

<18:30:32> "blasma": zinthos feels unjustified and resentful due to his oppressor DA

zinthos

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »
I had some guy crazzyc420 in my database as friend.

Edit:
I found the reason of this glitch, propably.
For sure:
- expell [player not found] from your factions,
- set neutral status when you have [player not found] in your database.

Reason (step by step):
1. When you created some characters before this rollback, and added them to faction database they were added as ID of them.
2. Rollback deleted these characters but it didnt do the same with the faction database and IDs of characters stayed there with the rights setted up.
3. When after rollback someone created character and get the same ID what you had before rollback on your character then this new char get the rights for your faction/bases.

Is there possibility of it?
yeah, that is what i was trying to explain in OP. everyone who added new chars in the rollback interval should check their bases if unknown people is added since then and remove them.