April 20, 2024, 11:46:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 02/07/2015  (Read 14918 times)

salty_captain

• View Profile
Re: Changelog 02/07/2015
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 03:18:34 am »
Great update! I love the new graphics they look amazing thank you!

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 09:44:01 am »
That's a good update, except new graphics. I personally don't like half of them (visually old ones looked better for me), but that's just my point of view and not big deal as they are only some pixels. But you didn't have to put new names for each item in server files... this way you force us to use them (changing them requires lot of work: finding exact file in fallout dat., making .png out of .frm file, changing name and replacing - because just putting them into data/art folder doesn't work anymore as the default files loaded by server are .fofrm I guess), there is no choice between old ones and new ones. Not nice.
Despite personal preference - some of them are just faulty. Some (like sstimpak) have typos in directory inside .fofrm file, some are not working at all (like drugs, because of wrong line in server code files I guess), some like LSW or Solar Scorcher have bad background color that is not readed by the server as transparency (not mentioning it's amateur work, should use 32-bit transparency not 0 0 255 RGB colour...), some are bigger than others making them look bad comparing with other items and offset for some of new items is just terrible.

It's not like I'm whining, but if you want to change default look of the server that influences gameplay (offset for items) and not leave the option to choose between old and new ones, at least do it right and test it before uploading. :/

P.S. One thing about it is funny - when you throw a grenade, during it's flight the grenade itself is a question mark and I have nooo ideeaaa how to fix that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:50:30 am by BB. »

HerO

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 10:14:04 am »
The grenade question mark is the best :D leave it be! In my opinion its like fo2 graphics which I like so +1 from me

Also forgot to mention very very nice update on the custom timeouts. Like seriously very nice.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:07:46 pm by HerO »

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »
1 more update and theyll be fixed and look perfect!

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 05:38:16 pm »
That's a good update, except new graphics. I personally don't like half of them (visually old ones looked better for me), but that's just my point of view and not big deal as they are only some pixels. But you didn't have to put new names for each item in server files... this way you force us to use them (changing them requires lot of work: finding exact file in fallout dat., making .png out of .frm file, changing name and replacing - because just putting them into data/art folder doesn't work anymore as the default files loaded by server are .fofrm I guess), there is no choice between old ones and new ones. Not nice.
Despite personal preference - some of them are just faulty. Some (like sstimpak) have typos in directory inside .fofrm file, some are not working at all (like drugs, because of wrong line in server code files I guess), some like LSW or Solar Scorcher have bad background color that is not readed by the server as transparency (not mentioning it's amateur work, should use 32-bit transparency not 0 0 255 RGB colour...), some are bigger than others making them look bad comparing with other items and offset for some of new items is just terrible.

It's not like I'm whining, but if you want to change default look of the server that influences gameplay (offset for items) and not leave the option to choose between old and new ones, at least do it right and test it before uploading. :/

P.S. One thing about it is funny - when you throw a grenade, during it's flight the grenade itself is a question mark and I have nooo ideeaaa how to fix that.

As I said, report all bugs here and they will be fixed. And no, I don't have enough time to test everything, it's your job here :P

I guess that someone will make and share some mod with previous graphics for those who don't like the updated version.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:12 pm »
for this update, 4.7mm also shows up as a red question mark

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 07:58:56 pm »
4.7mm fixed. LSW fixed. Pulse nade fixed. Solar Scorcher fixed. Combat Shotgun fixed.
Drugs, keys and blueprints activated.
Fake grenade & fake sledge added.

Use Updater.exe againg for new reloaded004.zip :D.

Sorry for all issues and ugly "?" marks on the floor, it's impossible to make tons of filepathings and picturenamings without bugs.
Please, keep reporting everything you find with blue background, ? symbol instead of normal picture and etc.

For those who hate new update I'll soon make a patch making every added unique graphic piece to it's old state.

About items positioning on ground - you can manually change them yourself by editing .fopro files via notepad. Inside you will find X and Y and some numbers. X=0 and Y=0 means middle of hex, you can experiment for yourself to change values untill they please you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:44:19 pm by VVish »
Pure Black Blue interface.
Member of Bang Bang Smash.
Mercenary.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »
VVish did stalwart work and he should be rewarded in credits :D.

We re waiting for Your quests VVish(and book :D).

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »
I've updated the server, you should run Updater again. If you see any new bugs with new graphics, report them here.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:26:14 pm »
Weak healing powder, Solar Scorcher

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 11:13:39 pm »
+1 this is great work. When i first read this, i thought i would not care, but after seeing some of these items on the ground, i am very glad you're doing this. Good improvement! Even a meat slice on the ground looks right. Now...if you can get the gecko pelts fixed up... :)

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 11:49:35 pm »
Solar will be fixed tomorrow. Still that dumb palette fooling me -_-.

Thanks for all replies..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:06:25 am by VVish »
Mercenary.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 11:28:43 am »
It's great, they look nice etc, but I guess we have to wait for an item highlighter update? Caves are going to suck until that comes out >.<

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 01:45:18 pm »
Pistol, Rifle, Flamethrower, Uzi.
How2use - unfold, assign name of gun you want to get back to old state, then put in /data/art/items/guns folder. If there is no such folder in your game, create it. It will override the graphics in reloaded004.zip.
Example - UZI.png should be renamed into hkp90.png, then placed in /data/art/items/guns.

Special delivery for dark angel.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:05:19 am by VVish »
Mercenary.

Engine

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 07:49:14 pm »
didnt work with the item highlighter. so im waiting for your patch, to backup the old version