April 19, 2024, 11:31:13 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Wipe Opinions  (Read 6456 times)

Gnk

• View Profile
Wipe Opinions
« on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »
So, now that the session has been going a while and most of the stream of updates has stopped, do those of you who voted for having this wipe early regret it or believed you were correct in voting for it? Also same question for those who voted against this wipe?

I voted against it and now believe I was fully correct to do this because there is less fun PvP now than before wipe, as well as the lack of new content such as quests and dungeons that would make pve more fun and rewarding. The only changes make current dungeon near impossible to solo or make them super easy with not good enough reward as well as the other changes are all just technical changes like melee weapon damage changes and ones that increase grind like slave carryweight. Of course this is still the best fonline but I now believe session 1>session 2

So weigh in, let your opinion be known one way or the other. I am interested to see what people think

salty_captain

• View Profile
Re: Wipe Opinions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »
I think less pvp is just factions fault, lost interest in tc on reloaded, but a new exciting tc system would fix that and wipe should have brought that with it

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:04:27 pm »
Less PvP cant be fault of wipe or no New Reno fights, there are many other places where you can fight. Still nothing. I was against wipe, it wasnt that bad after all but I would rather wait for full bath of features. The only thing Im missing are dungeons and missions for PvE/TB players.
GUN FOR HIRE

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 08:53:49 pm »
Games boring in my opinion now I see no need to ply until the real wipe
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:39 am »
It's pretty clear the settings got fucked with; guns blowing up in your hand left and right, getting dropped about once per fight, enemies t g at SHOULD be running in stark naked terror dominating....

Put the settings back.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 10:46:44 am »
What the hell is this? Some authors of few post above didn't play PvP hard before wipe, don't play PvP hard now and (I guess) they will not play PvP after next wipe. After next wipe they will wait for updates and... ANOTHER WIPE

Let me ask you something? You are player or just a wipe watcher? This session will take perhaps another year. So you want to watch this forum, write some shitty crying posts or join to the game and play finally?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 03:15:14 pm »
What the hell is this? Some authors of few post above didn't play PvP hard before wipe, don't play PvP hard now and (I guess) they will not play PvP after next wipe. After next wipe they will wait for updates and... ANOTHER WIPE

Let me ask you something? You are player or just a wipe watcher? This session will take perhaps another year. So you want to watch this forum, write some shitty crying posts or join to the game and play finally?
Im not watcher, Im player the same way as you. Im playing and Im okay with this wipe, just said it wasnt necessary. And if you read carefully you would see that I wrote that eventually less pvp in-game isn t fault of wipe and/or New Reno...thats all, take it easy pal.
GUN FOR HIRE

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 05:44:35 pm »
Im not watcher, Im player the same way as you. Im playing and Im okay with this wipe, just said it wasnt necessary. And if you read carefully you would see that I wrote that eventually less pvp in-game isn t fault of wipe and/or New Reno...thats all, take it easy pal.

1st - not the same.
2nd - FOnline servers needs to be wiped from time to time. For ex imagine that you join to the game today and we still have 1st session here, without wipe. In that way you can forget about creating new PvP faction what is the really main goal on this server. Can you imagine in that way your victory against fully implanted characters with rare armors and weapons? Forget about this. Now you understand why it must be wiped?
3rd - I'm a very active player here and I didn't see you on any PvP activity before and after wipe on Reloaded server, so I really don't know that you know what you're talking about. Take your team and go take some town and after that protect it from retake. Then you'll show to everybody that you have some knowledge with that what you wrote.

Don't waste your time for shitty topics, forum warriors. Let's meet in the game and at our TS servers.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:08:37 pm »
Gnk! Thank you for starting this thread.

I was against wipe before, and i stand with my original opinion. For me, i will recover regardless, but i don't see wipes as a fix for anything, especially as a chill pill for the wipe-crazed who demand changes [out of boredom]. As for PvP, Town Control, etc...i was able to do this before wipe with multiple characters, but not anymore. I work all day. I will always recover but it takes time to do it all again. No complaints - just stating the facts. So wipe reduces PvP for a while. The big teams, i salute their tenacity/ingenuity, as they are doing TC on Day 2 after a wipe lol. But that won't ever be me - i start up much slower than that.

TC in Season 1 though, we had this one awesome goal. It was a goal so fantastic that guys would labor for hours checking lockers, leveling "an even better fighter", crafting all that ammo and doing whatever it took to achieve that goal: IMPLANTS! Oops, no more implants now. So for some, the motivation is less.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:10:22 pm by Henry »

salty_captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 07:04:12 pm »
It is much better now that there are no implants. :facepalm And that's why wipe was needed.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 06:25:43 am »
I was in favour of the wipe and easily available implants definitely needed to go. A lot of good and bad stuff came with the wipe too. I don't like the slave carry limit, for example. I don't think it needed to be that extreme but I've gotten over it.

I think the game is more friendly to new players now, at least the ones who are willing to learn. But I think more could be done to encourage PVP, I know its been said before but there are lots of great locations in the game which are unused. My personal lament is the Sierra Army Depot, I mean is it some kind of sick Easter Egg? A secret location which contains nothing at all. Even if it just contained the same crap it did in FO2 it would be something.

What I would like to see is several locations across the map where mid-high tier loot can be obtained, rather than centralized at one location which makes it easy for a powerful faction to camp it and just makes the strong stronger. That would motivate players.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 09:45:39 am »
I don't like the slave carry limit, for example. I don't think it needed to be that extreme but I've gotten over it.
What's wrong with that? Now people must play. Finally there's no way to make some stuff, gain exp in two hours with week breaks. Just another crying of chat players from The Hub's entrance.

I think the game is more friendly to new players now, at least the ones who are willing to learn. But I think more could be done to encourage PVP, I know its been said before but there are lots of great locations in the game which are unused. My personal lament is the Sierra Army Depot, I mean is it some kind of sick Easter Egg? A secret location which contains nothing at all. Even if it just contained the same crap it did in FO2 it would be something.
We have shared sources of 1st session of this server. You can stop this lament now and make these dungeons better.

What I would like to see is several locations across the map where mid-high tier loot can be obtained, rather than centralized at one location which makes it easy for a powerful faction to camp it and just makes the strong stronger. That would motivate players.

I see it like this: "I want to start this game today, and I want gather everything in few hours." WTF? What's wrong with you guys? You want to take all without play? We had New Reno locker in New Reno Arms with trolling bluesuits inside who want get something with shitty style. Forget about it.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 10:00:51 am »
That guy up2x want to "win the game" lol.
I hope apes get fucked urself, no one does need them, all they do is cry on forum, ANYTHING will Kilgore/Cubik do they'll eventually cry, so don't bother about them and ignore.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 11:00:03 am »
I don't like the slave carry limit, for example. I don't think it needed to be that extreme but I've gotten over it.
What's wrong with that? Now people must play. Finally there's no way to make some stuff, gain exp in two hours with week breaks. Just another crying of chat players from The Hub's entrance.

Like I said, I've gotten over it. I would hope the same for you and your issues, whatever they are. (Don't wanna know)

We have shared sources of 1st session of this server. You can stop this lament now and make these dungeons better.

That's nice. The thing is I came to play a game, not make one. I can't make one, hence why I play somebody elses. This is a thread for opinions, thats mine. I won't stop anything, deal with it.

I see it like this: "I want to start this game today, and I want gather everything in few hours." WTF? What's wrong with you guys? You want to take all without play? We had New Reno locker in New Reno Arms with trolling bluesuits inside who want get something with shitty style. Forget about it.

I see it like this "You've got problems".
I don't know why I'm lowering myself to explain anything to you but my idea was actually that the locations I mentioned would be a challenge for potential looters to get into and perhaps even (Heaven forbid in your book, I'm sure) a challenge for the big factions to control these areas as we both know they would try to. The reality is that nobody who wasn't in one of the main factions got hardly anything out of Reno. Going to Reno a new player faced 2 situations, either a faction crew already had the place locked down or you walked right into the middle of a war between factions. Either way you were dead and that special room in our base were we hoard all that free high tier loot from Reno remained empty and worse than that it seems we made a special alt named "Curator" all for nothing. Sometimes this game is such a bummer.  (Part of this post contains sarcasm).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:34:37 pm by Heisenberg- »
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 02:44:49 pm »
I did not know that only TC players can write posts, have title of "player" and all other shit...good to know...
Anyway back to my post, I think there were more fully implanted guys with top gear and still new guys were coming to game. The same time older players stopped doing TC except UV...so ?
GUN FOR HIRE