April 29, 2024, 03:48:10 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Reducing negative rep with town control  (Read 1220 times)

Lackey

• View Profile
Reducing negative rep with town control
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:32:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure this isn't a mechanic already, but I think it would make sense that the longer your faction controls the town the more your rep in that town increases (until positive).

As it stands, the process for taking control of a town results in the towns folk taking a lot of collateral damage. Meaning one NPC gets shot, then the guards agro, then you've got to wipe the whole town because it attacks you.

This results in massive losses in rep. This could be fixed by gradually increasing rep for the faction members that hold the town (until positive rep is obtained). Maybe you could get a rep bonus with every militia that gets added.

If you are trying to take the town, kill a bunch of NPCs, then fail to take the town. Well then that's just you causing trouble in the town and you deserve the negative rep for it.

If this is already a mechanic, then I am sorry for wasting your time.

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Reducing negative rep with town control
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:36:59 am »
As someone who has -1900 rep with the slavers guild purely from playing TC, I agree with this post.

JanZbycho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:49 am »
Rep shouldnt be in a multi game, or at least it shouldnt have an impact in towns (encounters are enough).

I did point that problem some time ago too , but it was ignored by devs ;/

If i have to wait about 3 days to get my rep < 1500 and be able to get in a town i want to, I will forget aboutv a game in 2nd day. Sad but true.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:35:48 am »
I did point that problem some time ago too , but it was ignored by devs ;/
And what about it was said by devs that there will be an NPC resetting reputations to 0 for caps? Oh well it seems it was well ignored by players.