April 29, 2024, 09:01:49 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Add Random bosses  (Read 2395 times)

mkhammer

• View Profile
Add Random bosses
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:51:57 pm »
My suggestion is to add rare bosses into dungeons like sierra, ares, warehouse, glow.

I mean those npcs would have better RANDOM resists, so one day it will be almost immune to flamer or energy, another day to normal etc.

Respawn would be very rare like special encounters are now.

Killing that boss would provide getting achievement, something like +1 extra healing rate, +1 hp, +3 flat dmg vs deathclaws, enclave patrols<-- just something symbolic, not breaking balance in pvp. Bonus would be given only once.

Those npcs would have large variety of loot like weapons, drugs, armors maybe ammo or caps, not t4. Simple harder bosses (enclave general or BoS paladin or even Frank Hooligan) would give better loot, easier(ghoul Harold, Kaga ) worse loot.

Boss would stay in location for maximum hmm 30 minutes?

Lets talk about that idea.

sulix

• View Profile
Re: Add Random bosses
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:21:04 pm »
+1 for that. I dont know how hard it to implement that they have random abilities, but i like the idea.
Critter-Bosses like this great white Molerat e.g. should show up in random encounter, or caves.

Maybe there is a trophy-collector in Hub, Cathedral or anywhere else, who trade White Moleratpelts or Frank Hoorigans ear for something interesting.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »
Are you copying FO2 ways of pve? And Sierra could be a massive dungeon because all people do is craft with the workbench. I say 1+
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »
Are you copying FO2 ways of pve? And Sierra could be a massive dungeon because all people do is craft with the workbench. I say 1+

copying? they dont have random bosses.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:33 pm »
Copying is not bad when you're copying good things, what they can do, sue reloaded or what? lol.

Personally I'm wishing for some Diablo/PoE mix into the fonline, with random solo dungeons, with mods - like maps in Path of Exile, with example modificators - you could "craft" such map by giving certain npc items or caps, buying a random map of a raider camp/toxic waste dump/dark cave which could be inhabitated by certain mobs, those maps would have mods like
- + resistances to the enemy
- + enemies got better weaponry
- + %of rarity of the loot raised

And there could be "epic maps" - same locations but with "special" mods like "unknown enemies/contains treasure/you can enter only once/you can enter only solo/contains a buffed up boss.
I don't talk about top tier items, because it would be the place to farm em, but how about advanced combat armors and such? Who knows.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:22:25 pm by Ion Cannon »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »
Copying is not bad when you're copying good things, what they can do, sue reloaded or what? lol.

Personally I'm wishing for some Diablo/PoE mix into the fonline, with random solo dungeons, with mods - like maps in Path of Exile, with example modificators - you could "craft" such map by giving certain npc items or caps, buying a random map of a raider camp/toxic waste dump/dark cave which could be inhabitated by certain mobs, those maps would have mods like

And there could be "epic maps" - same locations but with "special" mods like "unknown enemies/contains treasure/you can enter only once/you can enter only solo/contains a buffed up boss.
I don't talk about top tier items, because it would be the place to farm em, but how about advanced combat armors and such? Who knows.

+1 from me, just give people ability to soloing them in chosen by them type of combat. I miss dungeons in TB  :(
I know that PvP and Pro's play only RT, but TB is interesting for quiet big ammount of players on this server. Anyway, it would be good to have some dungeons in TB  ::)
GUN FOR HIRE

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:33:08 pm »

+1 from me, just give people ability to soloing them in chosen by them type of combat. I miss dungeons in TB  :(
I know that PvP and Pro's play only RT, but TB is interesting for quiet big ammount of players on this server. Anyway, it would be good to have some dungeons in TB  ::)

Guess how pro pvpers farm enclave or bounty hunters xd

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 12:19:23 am »
I'm more TB oriented than only Desert Hunters, Bounty Hunters, or Enclave/BoS patrol hunter  :P
GUN FOR HIRE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 03:43:11 am »
I'm more TB oriented than only Desert Hunters, Bounty Hunters, or Enclave/BoS patrol hunter  :P
In all private dungeons(like gun runner mutant quest) you can do tb I'm pretty sure. Public locations have to be rt because you can't have some people doing tb and some in rt at the same time. Most people do rt so public places have to be rt and there's just no way around it.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 10:39:28 am »
In all private dungeons(like gun runner mutant quest) you can do tb I'm pretty sure. Public locations have to be rt because you can't have some people doing tb and some in rt at the same time. Most people do rt so public places have to be rt and there's just no way around it.

I know and I don't want to change it as I understand the problem with TBs in public. Ion Cannon proposed Solo dungeons, so I said it would be fun to do it in TB too as it will be not longer public as Sierra, Glow etc.
Mutant quest from GR's and sometimes military base special encounter are not so much as dungeons for me. This would be solve my problem, and many other players too.
GUN FOR HIRE