April 29, 2024, 02:51:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Need help building a couple of characters.  (Read 3260 times)

Sorgun

• View Profile
Need help building a couple of characters.
« on: June 04, 2015, 08:38:01 pm »
A friend and I are both new to FOnline, and were invited to play by some of our other friends. We were told that they needed a doctor and a heavy weapons guy. So I decided to be the doctor, and my friend the hwg. The only problem is that we don't quite know how to build our characters.

So the skills that I plan on using are Doctor, energy weapons, and science/first aid (which ever works better for the team).

My friend on the other hand plans on using Heavy weapons, traps, and he doesn't know what else, so what ever you can recommend essentially.

Help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Need help building a couple of characters.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 07:08:35 am »
It depends on how the heavy weapons (big guns or BG abbreviation) wants to play. If its for PvP, build will be completely different than PvE (perks and special wise). Also traps are not worth it unless they will go locker hunting 24/7 other than that, don't tag it.

I highly recommend tagging first aid no matter what. Also there can't really be any "Medics" in Reloaded. Ashes of Phoenix medics work amazingly, its just the mechanics difference.

Anyways I'm going to assume you guys are some PvEers in TB so I'll suggest some builds to you.

BG build
Spoiler: show

Last 2 perks are up to the player. M60s work fine for PvE. They can take 2x action boy, or more ranged damage and Bonus ranged damage for more damage if they want to use avenger for PvE. I suggest not taking 3rd lifegiver because 20 extra HP is not really worth a perk out of 8.

As for your "doctor" you can do the same SPECIAL, except just tag whatever gun skill you'd like and instead of outdoorsman tag doctor. If you and your friend play together, you can mooch off his outdoorsman skill if you're in the same party.

Sorgun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »
Thanks a ton!

Sorgun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 01:21:01 pm »
I do have a quick question, doesn't 1 charisma mean that you can't trade with people? also 1 luck seems really low, my test character had 3 luck and he dropped his gun three times in a two hour period.

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:24:50 pm »
I do have a quick question, doesn't 1 charisma mean that you can't trade with people? also 1 luck seems really low, my test character had 3 luck and he dropped his gun three times in a two hour period.
you should be able to trade with all npcs with 1 CH
LK doesnt affect weapon drops but ST

Sorgun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »
Thanks, you guys have helped restructure my entire group!

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:06:10 pm »
Yeah nice but post in a proper section next time please.

Sorgun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 03:34:46 pm »
Sorry about that Kilgore, I'll pay more attention from now on.