April 29, 2024, 07:44:34 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hinkley Improvements  (Read 1608 times)

Kaaon

Hinkley Improvements
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:16:58 am »
- add 24+ level check when teleporting to arena
to prevent low levels joining games, its not big problem but lvl 1-23 players should go out and level up
reason why when teleporting instead of when entering is to be able to keep there level 1 alts to check how many players are inside

- add more ammo for some weapons
some fights take longer now since stimpaks was added and i ran out of ammo many times
for me it happened mostly with Sniper Rifle and Grenade Launcher
i can take more weapons to have more ammo but it makes no sense that someone has to take more of them only for ammo, it should be adjusted so we wont need to do it

already implemented

- reduce amount of explosive rockets or remove them
you know that feeling when you are overweighted after being teleported to arena with RL, you will recieve 20 AP rockets and 20 explosive rockets which is too much carry weight when you carry other weapons, maybe armors or you have low CW
its amount can be reduced in case that someone would want to test something with them or removed completely, there is no JHP ammo so why explosive rockets

- change fence in hinkley rooms to be able to see through it
to be able to see how many players are in other room for easier balancing amount of players

already implemented

- make outfiter and barman invincible or make their respawn faster
they somtimes die to some hth troll, someone shooting by hexshooting into lobby or some other random shit, its annoying

- change outfiter and barman cooldowns for taking stuff
right now its shared, increasing it to 20 doesnt solves much because over time it can still reach cap easily
some characters are taking like 5 drugs, 2 weapons, 2 armors, they get exploded, they need to take stuff again, they can decide to change drugs so they may need to take them again etc.. it would be better if it would be removed or refreshing faster, you can easily bypass it by using lvl 1 alts anyways

no longer issue since players dont lose stuff when explode

- add Drug Antidote to barman
right now every time i want to change my drugs, i have to go out and back inside, its out of logic, i also have to drop gear or take new every time, it would be just much more simple when Drug Antidote would be added to barman

already implemented

- add option to take more drugs at once from barman without closing dialog
makes sense, i want to take 3-5 drugs, i need to talk with him 3-5 times instead of once, almost every character is taking more then one drug at once so it could simply stay after chosing drug so you can click on drugs which you need and then chose "nothing" (should be changed to "thats all" then) without need to click on something like "i want more"

already implemeted

- make hinkley terminals "idiot-proof"
you know that situation when someone blocks terminal by creating FvF or some game with restrictons or when both teams creates different map and they wait each other to join etc..
option 1 : to prevent from trolling in hinkley and speeding it up it would be great if it wouldnt be possible to create game once someone in other room already created and FvF and restriction settings would be removed, they are unused anyways
dialogs would need to be adjusted then
i would like to create a match -> pvp/fvf (can be skipped) -> chose arena (add cancel option) -> confirm/set up restrictions (can be skipped and game created right after chosing arena)
option 2 : change terminals so everyone can cancel / join / create even after someone else in your room did - can lead to trolling by canceling game all the time or something similar so i would prefer option 1
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:27:57 pm by Seki »

BB.

• View Profile
Re: Hinkley Improvements
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 11:49:17 am »
+1 especially for making 24+ level check, making computers "easier" and debuffing drugs

About change for barman - why not:
a) delete the dialog option at all and make him give you full set of drugs when clicked (it's still easier to drop some if you have hotkeys for drugs than click 15 times to get them);
b) if debuff added - make "1. Give all drugs. 2. Debuff." dialog options.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:52:36 am »
for 24 lvl restriction -100.

I met on hinkley a lot of new players whos want to test weapons, builds etc or their pvp skill.

Look on player "Quiet", he got 72 hp but still he plays better than
half of hinkley users :D

+1 for dialoge option : "give me all drugs" and "give me antidote"

+1 for more ammo, sometimes when teams are quite big and there is just so static fight more gl ammo or 223 is needed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:56:50 am by mkhammer »

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 11:55:53 am »
Look on player "Quiet", he got 72 hp but still he plays better than half of hinkley users :D
low level and low endurance are 2 different things, quiet has low endurance not level
in my opinion low level players should go out and level up instead of dying in hinkley

before there was check if you have drugs in inventory, if you had then you wasnt teleported with some message in chat so im pretty sure that it is possible to make similar check for level with message like "you need to be more experienced to participate in hinkley fights"

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »
Look on player "Quiet", he got 72 hp but still he plays better than half of hinkley users :D
low level and low endurance are 2 different things, quiet has low endurance not level
in my opinion low level players should go out and level up instead of dying in hinkley

before there was check if you have drugs in inventory, if you had then you wasnt teleported with some message in chat so im pretty sure that it is possible to make similar check for level with message like "you need to be more experienced to participate in hinkley fights"

But it is advantage only for old players. Let me tell You something. X and Y just just seen info on interia.pl about Reloaded. Ok they made chars and... respawned near hub. They found hinkley on map. X asks someone in Hub: What is hinkley and got his answer, then he went here and now he can test if XXX rifle is still op wepaon like it was in fallout or fallout2.

For me also is annoying that some noob just came to my team, while in oponent team I got some UV's whos screaming " dominated, outplayed nooobs" after killing my 70 hp teammates, but still making new restrictions for new players is not good idea.
In addition to that normal players just dont pay attention to disbalance in team, more frags more fun :)

With blocking terminal I dont have good idea.
I remember mr Stranger blocking terminals all time and writting some bullshit in game chat. I used requesthelp to report him for "Exploiting a known bug or abusing a feature" but nothing happened, maybe nobody from Admins were online. We should wait for Devs response about clear rules in this point.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:23:51 pm by mkhammer »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:22:24 pm »
then he went here and now he can test if XXX rifle is still op wepaon like it was in fallout or fallout2.
No, he can't because:
1) he's got 65% small guns skill;
2) he's got 70hp and no resitances so getting killed on sight with one blow from any weapon used by any build.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:27:55 pm »
then he went here and now he can test if XXX rifle is still op wepaon like it was in fallout or fallout2.
No, he can't because:
1) he's got 65% small guns skill;
2) he's got 70hp and no resitances so getting killed on sight with one blow from any weapon used by any build.

Thats true, his test can be broken but still plx dont say gtfo to new players. Several times I saw duel of two low levels. I was just laughing that those noobs can not shoot each other, but still they got their fun.

We need to encourage them to play like Jehovah's Witnesses are trying to convice to their religion :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:32:10 pm by mkhammer »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 01:29:22 pm »
Hey man, I went to hinkley level 1 and still killed people :P

But +1 to suggestions