April 25, 2024, 02:16:32 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Dual logging in caravan  (Read 4965 times)

hyperloopz7942

• View Profile
Dual logging in caravan
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:16:54 am »
Okey theres kind of annoying thing in caravan  :'(. People use dual logging there. Other harash one player to point harashed player must kill harasher. Then guards kill automatically harashed. Dual logger nondead character just loot harashed. Characters bigmotherfucker and Seki probably do this.

AreGays

• View Profile
Re: Dual logging in caravan
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:39:54 pm »
Okey theres kind of annoying thing in caravan  :'(. People use dual logging there. Other harash one player to point harashed player must kill harasher. Then guards kill automatically harashed. Dual logger nondead character just loot harashed. Characters bigmotherfucker and Seki probably do this.

Quote from: Kilgore
Using multilog or fast relog timer in order to gain an advantage in PvP activities. Also includes scouting and looting. No warnings - it will result in a permanent ban. Fast relog means relogging to a different character during PvP in time shorter than 180 seconds, in order to join PvP activity. If you have to relog during PvP, make sure you have waited at least 180 seconds after logout (your previous character will disappear from game).

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:44:58 pm »
Caravan is PvP?

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:49:28 pm »

Quote from: Kilgore
Using multilog or fast relog timer in order to gain an advantage in PvP activities. Also includes scouting and looting. No warnings - it will result in a permanent ban. Fast relog means relogging to a different character during PvP in time shorter than 180 seconds, in order to join PvP activity. If you have to relog during PvP, make sure you have waited at least 180 seconds after logout (your previous character will disappear from game).
It means "looting" but in PvP, not in PvE

Admiral Zombie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:23 pm »
Caravan is PvP?

PvP is whenever one player interacts competitively with another player.  The location shouldn't matter, if it is town control, random encounter, Ares/Glow, or caravan.

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:32 pm »
"one guy with terrible english explained - tried to explain - said - written ! without proof" ..  ::)
i did pvp in caravan with only one character (bigmotherfucker) and didnt looted any player because that char in 90% of cases died so i didnt made anything against rules
with character seki i didnt attacked anyone even through that i was sometimes in same caravan

i was leveling Seki on caravans while i decided to have some fun with my bluesuit alt "bigmotherfucker" by crippling players in caravan, stealing their weapons, provoking them to kill him so they will get killed by npc to prove how bad is current system and i succeed  ;D

at least i made good example why is this system very weak..
- Friendly fire to other caravan members will be tolerated by caravan NPCs now. However, killing a caravan member will still cause caravan NPCs to attack the killer.
thing is that it can be abused like ..
- attacking player until he will reach -hp but not killing him, caravan wont take him then
- knocking out player right when caravan has to continue, same story, it wont take him
- you can cripple players in caravan
- you can weapon drop them and steal their weapons
- you can attack players, they may think that they can attack back and kill you but guard will kill them right after it (what i did mostly)
- you can attack players until they are low hp and then let npc to finish them
- you are not protected from PKs on caravans since guards will start attack PK just after your death, he can simply run away from them then, if they would attack immediately like before then you have higher chance of surviving
- when some player will attack you then you have only 2 options : let him kill you and die or kill him and fuck up caravan, you will be attacked by guards even through that you just protected yourself .. this is main reason why current system is fail, you cant protect yourself

theoretically it can be taken as abusing feature.. thats true so im sorry for doing it
but you are offtopic, it wasnt about loot but about fun and showing current caravan mechanic
also according to rules multilogging on caravans is allowed if you are pvping and looting players with only 1.. in other words.. there is only rule about multilogging in PvP and having advantage from it, i didnt had any advantage from it
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:12:33 pm by Seki »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »
Well, this is abusing a feature, and not by mistake, so it's worth a ban (see game rules). We'll think about possible solution.

theoretically it can be taken as abusing feature.. thats true so im sorry for doing it

Yes it is. It's okay that you are sorry, I'm also sorry for banning you for it.

Spidercat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »
Seki, your observations are valuable and valid.  Your method of alerting the community to the mechanical shortcomings of caravans is disappointing.  When you see a problem you should report it, not exploit it at the expense of others.

I have seen you post things in the suggestions and bugs section of this forum, so I know you know what's up. 

About dual logging not giving advantage in a caravan if just using it to loot... It very much gives you an advantage.  While I am on caravan I am almost constantly healing, reloading, and using science skill.  Those things take ap and require you to stand still.  While your combat alt is doing these things your loot alt could run around and take all the things.  Another advantage is if your combat alt dies, your loot alt can recover your stuff and continue to loot after you are dead.  In addition your loot alt is taking a guard slot.  One that is usually armed and fighting.  Your loot alt reduces combat effectiveness of the entire caravan, which directly effects other players.

I'm surprised an apparently intelligent individual such as yourself can miss these vectors.  I hope these points were overlooked rather than intentionally omitted.

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »
About dual logging not giving advantage in a caravan if just using it to loot... It very much gives you an advantage.  While I am on caravan I am almost constantly healing, reloading, and using science skill.  Those things take ap and require you to stand still.  While your combat alt is doing these things your loot alt could run around and take all the things.  Another advantage is if your combat alt dies, your loot alt can recover your stuff and continue to loot after you are dead.  In addition your loot alt is taking a guard slot.  One that is usually armed and fighting.  Your loot alt reduces combat effectiveness of the entire caravan, which directly effects other players.
rules says only about PvP advantage, i agree with rest of your post but its pointless to continue in this discussion

Spidercat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 05:54:12 pm »
"PvP is whenever one player interacts competitively with another player."

We all saw what you typed.  Did you see what we typed?

Also, you are making it PvP.  Even if your argument is that it is not supposed to be, you have proved that it can be.

zinthos

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:19:43 pm »
it's been already told by Kilgore or DocAN that exploiting caravan money with duallog is bannable reason. I'm not sure where but there was a similar thread on the start of the last session
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:47:46 pm by zinthos »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:05 pm »
I've got a feeling that same dumbasses that exploit friendly fire would be the first ones to whine on forum if we changed things to the previous state (guards attacking and killing everyone making friendly fire). That's why some people can't have nice things.

Spidercat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:58 pm »
So, this just happened... http://i.imgur.com/9RN8G7t.jpg

I thought it was odd that there were 2 or 3 unarmed blue suits in our party standing still when we ran in to some ghouls.  Out of nowhere here comes grizzan with a gatling laser.  I tried running fearing retaliation from the caravan guards, but did not get away, obviously.  Then I realized what the blue suits were about.  With fewer guards there was much less retaliation for the tk.  So anyway, I guess I am done with caravans for a while.  I was having a pretty good time, but if this is what we do with it, I'm not interested.  I was digging the teamwork aspect with folks I could meet and not join a faction.  One more feature falls to the trolls.

gauvaran

• Random noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 01:06:15 am »
Can the engine dertermine whether the attack is intended (click on the target) or accident (Burst spread, Oops... shot, or tagert blocks the burst...)
Caravan guard could attack to all intended friendty fires

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 04:55:23 am »
Grizzan was with the same group of griefers that stole the forum accounts and characters of one guy and then they got IP ban. I thought he was also banned but guess not. Pity.