March 29, 2024, 03:12:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: FML GM raped my base  (Read 11573 times)

T-888

• View Profile
Re: FML GM raped my base
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 11:11:22 pm »
Nessy got raped, her ass was literally plugged... the most horrid fact is that after the incident she blacked it out, hardly comprehending the situation.

Poor thing, I pity you.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »
No stribe noooo

that's why solo is the way to go :P

cause I don't have to worry about getting raped or something.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »
toasting in epic bread
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Hodor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 02:50:25 am »
I know Stribe didn't react very well and raged with critical logic fail, BUT...

In terms of game design for tagging and baseraping....
Is all the drama/entertainment worth the lost players?

I don't think he is coming back, especially with all the gloating and snarky comments pouring gasoline onto the fire.

This kind of thing will happen again and again.
The community is already small and fragile, every lost player is significant.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:42:55 am by Hodor »

SporePlants

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 02:57:07 am »
Is all the drama and entertainment worth the lost players from baserape? I don't think stribe is coming back after the gloating and snarky comments.
If someone quits after a baserape, then this game was likely never for them. I've been baseraped and I came back from it.
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 06:51:36 am »

I don't think he is coming back, especially with all the gloating and snarky comments pouring gasoline onto the fire.

You should ask yourself whether you want me to work on the game and help players facing problems/bugs in game, or waste all that time on morons like the guy accusing me of base rape and starting the ridiculous shitstorm.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 07:31:59 am »
kilgore, dont go this way. Lexx did and you seen what happen. dont insult stupid players. leave it to players ;D

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 08:06:24 am »

Kaskader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:27 am »
I like topics like this. Please post more raped bases!

Hodor

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 09:09:59 am »

You should ask yourself whether you want me to work on the game and help players facing problems/bugs in game, or waste all that time on morons like the guy accusing me of base rape and starting the ridiculous shitstorm.

Stribe was completely wrong to accuse a dev of such ridiculous things without solid evidence. I do not support his irresponsible and damaging behavior in any way, and that's that.

According to him the circumstances were very unusual, unlike previous baserapes he had suffered. He suspects a bug/glitch/exploit or even abuse of power because he was very careful.

If anyone has a list of legitimate and plausible explanations of what happened to his base, the rest of the community can feel safer about their bases. We can avoid this kind of counterproductive drama in the future.

Edit: other than the possible explanation already listed: The same careless friend who lost the vertibird got base tagged.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:17:34 am by Hodor »

Kaskader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 09:24:14 am »
1 cap for Stribe.

baskila

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:23 am »
Edit: other than the possible explanation already listed: The same careless friend who lost the vertibird got base tagged.
I'd say this is exactly what happened. Friends are very rarely real friends. Most of the time they are 'paper friends' that when you put them up for a test they fail. Sad but true.

b__B

• JovankaB
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 11:06:35 am »

Removing "tagging" would only somewhat mitigate the problem of base raping, I think most base rapes in 2238 (at least the ones I heard about) were done by someone who gained access to base by using social engineering or by legitimate gang member(s) who decided to quit the gang and rape the base at some point for whatever reason.

Nevertheless, I agree with you that it should not be possible to grid-follow without explicit agreement from leader. This agreement wouldn't have to be given every single time of course, there could be a list of players you agree to follow you and for example gang members and players on friend list (green) could be placed there automatically.

If someone would like tracking in the game, then I think it should be a feature on it's own, not abuse of teaming up, which is mostly harmful to newbies who don't know how it works. And I think tracking to private locations should never be possible, only tracking to encounters and public towns or other public locations. Hoarding large quantities of items in base/tent is necessary part of the game (for most players anyway) and I think it would be wrong if there was constant uncertainty if the items stored in private locations are safe or not.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:26:18 am by b__B »
Your favorite player

Raspoutine

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 11:40:54 am »
Danger, treason, murder... make the game hard for some players maybe but fun nonetheless - and it's worth mentioning that Fonline-Reloaded really is noob friendly. It is a post-apocalyptic role playing game after all, the wastelands are harsh aren't they? It is great to see players role playing enough to integrate a faction to serve their own purposes.  How boring would it be if everyone could be safe in their base or in every town? I've been pked, robbed and everything I don't know how many times and never complain, I don't want FOR to be the Sims with guns and mutants. In the meantime I received help by experienced players - thanks Grizzan for instance.

I don't see the point in trying to mitigate this kind of drama, faction leaders' should be more careful rather than complain about their bases' being raped. Congrats to the players who managed to get in and loot whatever they could. Hopefully this will still happen in the future.

Maybe some of you recall the glorious (irony inside) first days of 2238 and maybe participated in the base rape organised by an admin (don't remember the name nor the faction): we were literally teleported in the base, how lame was that really? Then the admin expressed pathetic arguments to justify the cheat. In that case I would understand that players get mad. But here, it's just about poor faction management probably.

FOnline-reloaded is so far well managed. Just like for any game, some players will (rage)quit, some players will join. As long as the game continues to provide great entertainment I don't see any threat for FOR's future.

And if you're afraid that this will happen to you, go solo and paranoid, you'll most probably be safe.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »
Sometimes there is only a hard ways that can learn you how to be more carefuly nextime,it is called experience i think and you can be thankful that you can learn from it,if you don't then it is your  problem,cause if such shit happend to you,then for sure you were needed it...It is only your own choise if you will stand up when you fall and learn from your fails,or you will just lie down...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...