April 29, 2024, 06:42:26 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New weapon perk [Stopping Power]  (Read 8277 times)

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon perk [Stomping Power]
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 11:18:24 pm »
Gatling is already strong. No need to buff it.

4. If you want to counter high DR characters, make a dps build - use BRD, MRD, critical perks, Hit the Gaps. You either have decent firepower, either nice DR. Can't have both at the same time, that's the point of "variety of builds". This perk would give you even more firepower with no need to waste "space" for other dps perks (so leaves you a place to take some tanky perks instead). So, hidden way to have both?
Its about making weapons different and usefull (avenger in this case). It would make avanger viable choice due to its 3perk requirement while not making it op against lower dr characters and not being op with no dps perks at the same time.
Avanger with this weapon perk and no dps perks would do less dmg than lsw,gat,xl,think please.

OT: It seems like youre instead of comprehending the idea just trying hard to find any reason why it would be bad.
You can reroll you can try different builds and weapons in hinkley why dont you play with it for a while,test things out and try to improve the ideas instead of no-noing right away?

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »
You want more weapons ?

you can chose 'em right here

http://fallout2online.com/wikien/index.php/Weapons

you can check pictures of each weapon

http://fallout2online.com/wiki/index.php/%D0%9E%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%B5

but it's in russian
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:37:48 pm by Urukhai »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 11:52:27 pm »
Urukhai, and what's a point of bringing us these links?  :o
GUN FOR HIRE

KestreL

Re: New weapon perk [Stopping Power]
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 05:05:37 am »
Lol. Against 50% of the server population this perk would grant more power than mrd+brd x2. Right, not OP at all! ;D

It would not. Use your brain.

Not better make resistance cap 60% for all characters by default?

That's just downright stupid. Use your brain.

2. Perk would discredit existence not only of Tougness, Even Tougher, but also usage of Psycho, Beer would be useless completely and what's more high technology armors equal to regular armors.

Balance starts at 60% DR. It's that moment when avenger and gatling are on even fields. If you take a look at the dear perk everyone is using - "Man Of Steel" It's removing +10 crit chance from enemy and removing half of their Better critical perk. With only 1 perk. Why does it remove 1 1/2 of enemies perk ? Because this perk is good at fighting only that. But when faced with Non crit bursters it's more useless than tits on a bull. Do you understand ? If not - Use your brain.

3. My build is 75% DR. So you just counter my two perks with one. GG

3 dt = 5% DR - 10% DR = 10% dr - So even tougher = 15% DR. - Use your brain.
Countered only 1 perk of yours. And that perk is a Level9 one.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 06:32:13 am »
+1. I think its good to discourage 90% of people from playing only tanks or snipers by giving bursters buff.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 08:07:57 am »
"Man Of Steel" It's removing +10 crit chance from enemy
It's not removing even 1 crit chance.
:facepalm

KestreL

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 08:12:18 am »
"Man Of Steel" It's removing +10 crit chance from enemy
It's not removing even 1 crit chance.

Man of steel don't add +10 crit mode? hm, i must have confuse it with other server or smth

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 02:12:32 pm »
I think overall idea is good, however this can be lethal with long-range burster with LSW or XL, they'll simply do quite a lot of damage on range, which is already high imo.

Still, I'd like to see this perk with high stats demands, so it'll be very hard to make it 2x brd + crits + stoppingpower. More stable damage, but no crits - that's fine.

Pure Black Blue interface.
Member of Bang Bang Smash.
Mercenary.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 04:46:12 pm »
Man of steel don't add +10 crit mode? hm, i must have confuse it with other server or smth
MoS affects crit power, not chance. Use your brain. LOL :D

Ok. I admit I'm harshly against this idea because it would nerf my build and in cost of it improve only one other build... yours. This way of thinking is justified in this case I think, as you speak all the time of "balance and fairness" in the game. Your choice is to be dps. My choice is to have high DR without much easy firepower. Why would you like to make me not being able to use mine and improve yours?

Being objective:
You want to make Avenger equal to Gatling, because "Gatling is stronger". That way of thinking ("nerf or bump something, because it's weaker than counterpart") is wrong. Gatling is strong for a reason.
- It's much harder to obtain - only from Gunrunner's Quest (which is easy, but boring - on a side, I would personally delete Gatling from this quest or make weapon deteriorated) and Enclave Patrolmans, that aren't that hard to beat with proper build, but still tricky (bypasses) and drop deteriorated weapons so you need to spend some time to get few good guns from it.
- You can't craft it - you can't have bonuses on it. You can have on Avenger, making it sometimes ridiculously strong (300+ dmg crits on range).
- With proper dps build Avenger can still be more dangerous than Gatling. The only drawback connected is that your character is no longer tanky.

So you want to make Avenger as strong (or even stronger with proper build, especially with range bursts) than Gatling, skipping Gatling's drawbacks. And you also forget that Gatling can be countered by Tesla/Power armor. Avenger only by high DR. Tesla wearers would get basically instakilled by Avenger builds with this perk. Using high-tech armors over regulars wouldn't change anything.
And if it's to work with other weapons, it would bump powerful guns even more...

In my opinion Avengers works just fine and there is no need to bump burster build even more.

KestreL

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 10:08:46 am »
I think overall idea is good, however this can be lethal with long-range burster with LSW or XL, they'll simply do quite a lot of damage on range, which is already high imo.

Currently in TC not many people are drinking beer for that +5% damage resistance due to inability to hex target with RL properly. So the difference would not be much. Also considering to get 3x brd, Hit the gaps, 2x crit perk + Stopping power would leave you with 1 toughness and 196hp.

However I do agree with requirement of curtain SPECIAL to get this perk. 6ST 4INT would seem decent.

You know, back in 2238 there was crit bursters that had chance to bypass armor and all critical modifers. This class was slightly unbalanced. But still not OP.

Ok. I admit I'm harshly against this idea because it would nerf my build and in cost of it improve only one other build... yours. This way of thinking is justified in this case I think, as you speak all the time of "balance and fairness" in the game. Your choice is to be dps. My choice is to have high DR without much easy firepower. Why would you like to make me not being able to use mine and improve yours?

Congradulations. You've figured out this perk is good against tanks. Same as quick recovery good against snipers, also same as stonewall against grenade launcher.

In my opinion Avengers works just fine and there is no need to bump burster build even more.

Congradutions x2 - You've learned to summerize everything in 1 sentence that I'm just gonna disagree with. Cuz obviously all your other things you typed came out of your ass.

ps: A wipe changelog comes from ideas, op or not, everything gets balanced at a point, shitting on a suggestion just because "i have a tank alt, fuck you" is not good. VVish gave good points, you gave statistics from ass & rage.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 11:51:41 am »

Still, I'd like to see this perk with high stats demands, so it'll be very hard to make it 2x brd + crits + stoppingpower. More stable damage, but no crits - that's fine.

what lsw? keyword "weapon" perk like penetrate accurate long range etc. you get the point.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 06:39:04 pm »
something like this is a good idea considering that its need to take a perk for it it also makes the player have 1 less perks and in the end it would be a good option against tanks i like the idea!
Generaly the best idea for a long time now!

KestreL

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 07:21:45 pm »
Spoiler: show
This could actually solve the tesla ew problem too. +1 for sure
Interesting.
+1
If done properly and added after testing, than +1 from me on this idea guys  :D
overall plus 1
+1. I think its good to discourage 90% of people from playing only tanks or snipers by giving bursters buff.
I think overall idea is good, however this can be lethal with long-range burster with LSW or XL, they'll simply do quite a lot of damage on range, which is already high imo. <<< Can be fixed by making it a weapon trait/perk for avenger Minigun only.
something like this is a good idea considering that its need to take a perk for it it also makes the player have 1 less perks and in the end it would be a good option against tanks i like the idea!
Generaly the best idea for a long time now!

Sorry, but this suggestion is total garbage.

You're like that 1 out of 10000 dislikes that actually +1's justin biebers music video.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 05:28:30 am »
Well if some of em thinks its too mutch then lets just change the effect like instead from max 60% to 70% or 75% dunno need more discussion... or to make it more punissing to take i could be made from 2 part of perks i mean like toughness and even tougher... first on would make them 75% the 2nd would make them 60%

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 09:18:36 am »
why suggestion title says it a weapon perk ?