April 29, 2024, 12:14:36 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: New weapon perk [Stopping Power]  (Read 8275 times)

KestreL

New weapon perk [Stopping Power]
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:10 pm »
Name: Stopping Power

Discription: This perk caps your enemies damage resistance at 60% on all resistances. Usage of such perk would be to give Avenger Minigun a perpose in killing mega tanks. And other weapons when fighting Tesla.

Note: this perk does not effect anyone with lower than 60% DR. The perk its-self has advantage and disadvantage. Anti tank perk.

My thoughts on this? I hear alot of people complaining about weapon balance on this server. And everything seems to be working just great at 60% DR. This perk should be for them. While not at all being over-powered.

Also, I encourage you to think about the suggestion before auto reflex -1 it like all other suggestions people post.

Does not work with finesse
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:45:12 am by A3 »

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon perk [Stomping Power]
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »
This could actually solve the tesla ew problem too. +1 for sure

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:33:22 pm »
I'm afraid we would be in need of more EW weapons to introduce it...adding it to TPR and/or PR would be nice idea, but it would make it lil' bit OP in my opinion. Or rather the only usefull gun in-game
GUN FOR HIRE

KestreL

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 01:42:48 pm »
I'm afraid we would be in need of more EW weapons to introduce it...adding it to TPR and/or PR would be nice idea, but it would make it lil' bit OP in my opinion. Or rather the only usefull gun in-game

Gatling is DR 65% all the time. so it would change nothing.
Turbo plasma rifle is firing at 50-60% plasma res all the time unless enemy has Tesla.
This goes for almost all weapons ingame, but the perk would be usefull to fight vs adreinaline rush to get a more stable dmg. Also to make Avengers somewhat usefull

Also, about turbo plasma rifle / PR - At the moment they are hitting combat helmet MK II with 35% plasma res for stable dmg. If enemy wears tesla it would be double that. So plasma rifle would still be shit against tesla with or without perk.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:45:34 pm by A3 »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 01:44:02 pm »
Interesting.

+1

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:30 pm »
I just wanted to say how I see it. I was not taking it as level perk  :)
Sorry guys, if I said something wrong. I was wondering if it's possible to add some new, special gun with ability as you said. I just forget about that Gatling :facepalm....
Anyway it's true, it would be quiet usefull...more than now...

If done properly and added after testing, than +1 from me on this idea guys  :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »
Actually it could work with finesse too capping dr at 90 instead of 60.

ravenp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 02:16:40 pm »
 it should require more perks or would be added to brds idk but 1 perk for 30 less enemy resis is 2 much
overall plus 1

KestreL

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 02:24:03 pm »
it should require more perks or would be added to brds idk but 1 perk for 30 less enemy resis is 2 much
overall plus 1

It is also a perk that remove 0% dr from 50% of builds ingame.

ravenp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »
oh i misunderstood sori

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 06:37:55 pm »
While not at all being over-powered.
Lol. Against 50% of the server population this perk would grant more power than mrd+brd x2. Right, not OP at all! ;D

Not better make resistance cap 60% for all characters by default? ... And if you do so, maybe cap all builds HP, dps, APs and range to same ammounts, just to make sure that none of builds is better that others in any way. :facepalm

1. Tanks as a fighting class have been already nerfed a lot (all other builds boosted, so it's same thing). You want to make it completely useless now?
2. Perk would discredit existence not only of Tougness, Even Tougher, but also usage of Psycho, Beer would be useless completely and what's more high technology armors equal to regular armors.
3. My build is 75% DR. So you just counter my two perks with one. GG

Sorry, but this suggestion is total garbage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:42:39 pm by BB. »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 06:44:59 pm »
But Gatling with such a weapon perk...maybe little weaker would be more useable...I think
GUN FOR HIRE

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 07:01:08 pm »
Gatling is already strong. No need to buff it.

4. If you want to counter high DR characters, make a dps build - use BRD, MRD, critical perks, Hit the Gaps. You either have decent firepower, either nice DR. Can't have both at the same time, that's the point of "variety of builds". This perk would give you even more firepower with no need to waste "space" for other dps perks (so leaves you a place to take some tanky perks instead). So, hidden way to have both?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »
Just asking to be honest, I used  Gatling very rarely...just heard it's weak and useful only against leather armors. So no need in adding such a nice and original weapon perk? Even when it's effect would be lower?
GUN FOR HIRE

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34:27 pm »
I think you mean Stopping Power...
And how does it only effect tanks? As it's weitten, it would effect every weap and all on lower level characters.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...