April 29, 2024, 01:23:05 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Let's talk Character Builds  (Read 1824 times)

TheMetalJacket0

• View Profile
Let's talk Character Builds
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:35:21 pm »
So I have seen people solo through NCR Armies and Ranges and want to know what kind of tank build they're using. So far I am about to reach the soft cap with my character that I use for production of goods and mining,  I would love to have a combat char that I can solo encounters with. Please any help would be nice.

My build right now:
Level 22
Hp: 185
AP: 12
DR:10%
St:5
Pe:6
En:10
Ch:1
In:7
Ag:10
Lk:1
Notable skills:
Samll Guns 141
Big Guns 145
Lockpick 100
Outdoorsman 154
Opt traits: Fast Shot ; Good Natured
Code: [Select]
Perks
Awareness
Strong Back
Action Boy
Snake Eater
Scout
Ranger
Quick Pockets
Adrenaline Rush
Cautious Nature
Pack Rat
Weapon Handling
Even more Criticals
Even Tougher

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk Character Builds
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:20 pm »
Perks that are a waste : even more criticals (you're not a sniper/crit burster), weapon handling (5 St is enough if you have at least 180% gun skill), Quick Pockets is the worst perk ever you can choose,  Adrenaline rush is ehh for PvE not worth it really (only for PvP), action boy ok.

What you're really missing is some lifegivers and toughness. Also better to focus on 1 gun skill to 200%, getting some first aid will be good too. Your Special similar to mine except I got 9 PE and 5 IN. Good natured is not worth it if you don't have a companion, take small frame or something.

You can PvE good without any BRD if you use the M60. I killed BoS and other shit with it :P
Small guns you can use P90, XL, or pancor to kill shit. They don't rreally require any BRD for hexing but would be good .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:57:39 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:26:15 pm »
Are you wanting to solo NCR Army by bursting at 1-hex? Or by using crits? How were those guys you saw doing it? How do you prefer to do it? There's so many options.

First thing i do is compare the guns on wiki, and remember to compare the ammo too because a gun alone is not the full picture - it's a gun + its ammo that should be considered. (Stalker's M60 does so well because 7.62 ammo is so awesome.)

Once you choose your preferred weapon, then study the perks. (Quick Pockets is good for one gun i know: rocket launcher.) Use a planner to verify how best to level a build. Best thing is...there is no limit to registration, so try one, practice, try another one, get some more practice, keep trying and develop better understanding of the mechanics.

So you tell us...which gun do you want to use the most?

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »
My char already 33 lvl, all-purpose-sg-farmer.
S 5
P 8
E 10
C 1
I 3
A 10
L 3

Tags: SG,FA,DOC
Traits:Small Frame,Bonehead
Perks: adrealine rush, bonus move, even tougher, lifegiver, lifegiver, brof, mrd, man of steel

Can do things such as:
Spoiler: show

I didnt see better build against enclave/ncr army/bounty hunters.
ATM trying to farm desert hunters, but they got adrealine rush perk built in and scarry resists to all.

TheMetalJacket0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 01:24:32 am »
I rerolled my char today and fixed some of the mistakes. Thanks guys.