March 29, 2024, 02:17:18 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Special encounters  (Read 8541 times)

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
Special encounters
« on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:18 am »
do you have the option to ignore or do you have to enter a fight and find it....?

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Special encounters
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 07:21:03 am »
Differ between random and special encounters. Random ones you can skip with high Outdoor, and you are forced into special ones, which are harmless.

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:30:40 am »
ok thank you

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:57 am »
Initially harmless.
The Nukacola truck encounter presents you an opportunity to die if you approach the centaur and not kill him.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »
Yeah this is something I do not understand...in the encounter that has the least benefit(12 nukas or 24 with high lockpick), why is there a 203 hp centaur guarding it?!
All the others simply have places to search...the clinic, which just has some medical stuff and needler pistols, requires high lockpick. Vertibird and bunker don't require anything, correct me if I am mistaken about that?

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »
Because its special encounter.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 09:20:21 pm »
Well, in Fallout 1 and 2, special encounters also had a chance of the player dying in them. I don't know why should FOR be an exception.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

SporePlants

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 09:33:52 pm »
Yeah this is something I do not understand...in the encounter that has the least benefit(12 nukas or 24 with high lockpick), why is there a 203 hp centaur guarding it?!
All the others simply have places to search...the clinic, which just has some medical stuff and needler pistols, requires high lockpick. Vertibird and bunker don't require anything, correct me if I am mistaken about that?
The Nuka truck and clinic are retarded encounters left over from 2238.
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

ShOw.

• Wiki Editor
  • Who do you think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »
The Nuka truck and clinic are retarded encounters left over from 2238.

Agreed. Most retarded SP ever..

Wasteland smiles on us..

War war never changes.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »
Oh gosh srsly, you guys cry because there is some critter on special encounter? You kidding right?

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 09:48:28 pm »
Oh gosh srsly, you guys cry because there is some critter on special encounter? You kidding right?
Just because you have one character with all combat maxed out due to nolife farming doesn't mean all of us do, it's a pain to find a special encounter and have to run from critters or abandon locked containers

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 09:49:14 pm »
I think they don't realize that this centaur can be killed easily. Even at level what... 1? All you need is turnbased and agility 10.
Just throw 1 punch and walk away 7 hexes, it won't have enough AP left to attack you.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 09:50:42 pm »
Just because you have shitty char you don't need to whine about special encounter. You can always just try to kill it (what is basically absurdal ease to kill one single critter) or lure away and try to ninja loot but yeah better to whine.

Strike

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »
I think they don't realize that this centaur can be killed easily. Even at level what... 1? All you need is turnbased and agility 10.
Just throw 1 punch and walk away 7 hexes, it won't have enough AP left to attack you.
Don't make fun of punch!

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:56:45 pm »
Don't make fun of punch!
sudo make math
Centaurs have 200-300 hp
Punch (melee attack for low-strength chars) deals 3-5 dmg.
It will take you some 40-100 turns to kill him in worst case scenario but you'll be getting 12 nukas.