April 26, 2024, 05:37:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Throwing Improvement  (Read 5173 times)

Urukhai

• View Profile
Throwing Improvement
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:44:46 pm »
 Well I noticed that throwing doesn't deal that much damage, has really low range and no use in pvp.
Especially frag grenades.

First of all, All throwing weapons should have 15 range with 5 strenght.

Making Heave Ho! increase the range froom +3 to +5 hexes. So at least with 5 strenght and one Heave Ho! you can throw up to 20 hexes. With the second heave ho! Up to 25.

Frag grenade deals 35 - 60 => 50 - 75 on a regular CA MKII pvp it deals like average 20 - 25 dmg. The knockdowns are good, but they don't make people spread like rockets.
Plasma grenade 60 - 120   => 80 - 140. Average damage is 40 - 50 on a CA should be kinda increased and they don't make players fall. They are difficult to craft and should be really worth of a plasma nade (I am not talking of these times when silent death could even bypass 260 HP damage on a tesla  ::) )
Throwing knife: 18 - 40 => 28 - 40 the gap between lowest and highest damage is really huge. If you want to crit arms or eyes it doesn't deal that much damage. Maybe  it should have a special crit multiplier. I don't know yet. But a critical thrower could be also an option. His lack of range could make balance to his good damage.
Molotov Cocktail: 16 - 24 => 40 - 60. Instead of explode it should do burning damage and being compatible with pyromaniac perks as well. I don't know yet if it will be unbalanced. But could bring some fun to see it in TC. And remember 25 hexes range (in case if Heave ho! will be improved) remains short. Such thrower will be in the range of an average GL and receives way more damage now than he deals.

(as molotov cocktails are the primary crafting weapons what do you think about a Napalm bottle ? A molotov cocktail that is mixed with an advanced Super-Burn mix and requiring demolition expert 2?)

Dynacord Stick 60 - 100 => 80 - 110. Seriously I never saw anyone using them and they require the demolition expert 2 with an additionnal Knockback effect

I was also thinking about improving the range with both heave hoes!! up to 30 max range, but don't know if It might be imba.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Improvement
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 11:52:00 pm »
I like the fact you could play as commando grenadier, but 30 range is too much, 25 is fine, like pancor. The throwing weapons are all useless as they are now, some damage improvement could make them usefull.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:38:01 am »
I like the fact you could play as commando grenadier, but 30 range is too much, 25 is fine, like pancor. The throwing weapons are all useless as they are now, some damage improvement could make them usefull.
I'm pretty sure someone can throw a grenade extremely far. IMO it should be 35 hexes with 10 str and 2x heave ho.

And +1 to suggestion, grenades too weak atm. Also adding a new type of throwing knife called "ninja star that's basically the .223 pistol /pulse of throwing. And   what about spears? :D they need some love too

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:08 pm »
Maybe give to throwing knife perk better criticals

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:11:24 pm »
+1 for Mighty
and + 1 for higher dmg for throwing weapon. Mainly for frags and molotovs.
Making molotovs fire dmg dealers is a great thing too.
GUN FOR HIRE

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 05:33:16 pm »
Well then, as I don't really see any reason why not to post here - instead of making some new thread, here are my two cents.

Yes. Throwing does need some kind of a boost, every other combat (Even melee) has some kind of a great stuff, such as melee crits - they're great, combined with AC trolls, it can be dangerous.
SG, BG, EW they're good as they are, they have a huge variety.
But when you look at Throwing, you have knives, grenades, plasma grenades, dynacord sticks and molotovs. That's literally five weapons, there isn't that big variety, and almost all of them have the same range - 15. It is throwing, 15 range is somehow agreeable on, but if you want to have people to use throwing weapons - it does need to get some kind of a boost.
In terms of damage, let's look on the strongest throwing weapon - plasma grenades. If you wish to use them in pvp, it's impossible. Plasma Grenade takes 3 AP if you have fast shot (Does it even affect that?) and Bonus Rate of fire, if you have 12 AP that's four throws - one plasma grenade does 25-40 damage on CA MK2, so that's 4x40 - 160 damage. No knockback or anything so you're getting bursted while dealing awful damage.

Even on PVE it's rather weak, unless you're going for Floaters and Centaurs - the grenade's knockback and splash damage is good enough in TB.

Just don't make any mistake like changing crafting requirements, at this point it is somehow acceptable to have 4 powder and 1 scrap metal for 10 grenades, considering how fast you get rid off them. And their damage of course.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:35:17 pm by Knife_cz »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 10:26:47 pm »
Bumping, in case somebody has 0.02 to add. Just please no +1 or -1 posts or I'll execute you with banhammer.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 10:29:33 pm »
i think its fine as it is , ive seen many nades thrown lately by sneakers and non sneaks with hotkey this is already usefull dmg output to finnish low hp targets ... i would only rework nades with some new battle mechanics , but only buffing dmg atm seems to be op to me

Koveras

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 10:39:41 pm »
I'd like to have one hander class around with usage of smgs/pistols/throwables which would deal more damage while using 1-handed weapons but less damage with 2h, but a real idea would be just buffing kds/kos OR damage.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »
Opportunity to throw Dynamite from a hand (+ from A Alt click) (and Plastic explosive?)
Dynamite has to be buff, Plastic explosive little bit nerf
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:59:15 pm by Mighty »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 11:34:01 pm »
Range 35? So more than a 223 pistol by 5 hexes, and the same range as LSW max range?

That's throwing further than a grenade launcher can fire grenades, and only 5 hexes under the distance a rocket can travel...

Seems pretty high man. Sniper grenade throwers would be pretty silly.

A damage buff sure, or more variety, like making frag grenades crowd control and plasma direct damage.

But that being said.. As a sneaker, other sneak grenadiers defile me most of the time anyway, they are perfect anti sneaker builds really, I usually only get 1 or less shots off and often lose AP trying to shoot them (and getting knocked over).

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 08:23:52 am »
Bumping, in case somebody has 0.02 to add. Just please no +1 or -1 posts or I'll execute you with banhammer.

Add all melee perk bonuses to throwing knives as well, and keep range as it is. Fit RP, helps melee to level up and the creation of ninja classes, who do not rely on firearms or explosives as all, maybe later add ability to poison throwing knives or melee weapons, that drain stats/hp for a duration.
Bonus HtH Damage, Better HtH Criticals, More HtH Criticals, Bonus HtH Attacks shall affect throwing spears, knives, stones, everything none explosive.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 09:27:31 am »
Add all melee perk bonuses to throwing knives as well, and keep range as it is. Fit RP, helps melee to level up and the creation of ninja classes, who do not rely on firearms or explosives as all, maybe later add ability to poison throwing knives or melee weapons, that drain stats/hp for a duration.
Bonus HtH Damage, Better HtH Criticals, More HtH Criticals, Bonus HtH Attacks shall affect throwing spears, knives, stones, everything none explosive.

It'd be sweet to see other "silent" throwing weapons similar the throwing knife, like a throwing axe. Make knives for crippling and axe for damage, could be pretty cool.

Throwing items like that from stealth having some advantage, like not revealing or something, would be great too.

Old Man Henderson

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »
Just throwing this out there in regard to throwing knives, but what about poisons?
You craft the poison with the knives to get poisoned throwing knives.

Something like:
Ghoul's Blood poison: On hit radiates the target. On crit, target is slowed to a walk for 5 seconds or whatever.
Numbness poison: slight damage increase, on crit random arm crippled for a few moments.

Not sure if it's possible to implement temporary cripples or cripples or anything else.
If not, why not just ordinary poisoned knives with a damage boost, but obviously you just have to craft them?

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »
As it is now, poison isn't really a threat. When was the last time you died from poison?
But throwing weapons should have increased damage for sure. Even plasma grenades are only used to finish off ppl with 20 hP or in sneak fights. Problem is that increased damage will make these OP on no armored targets, so maybe it'spossible to add some DR penetration, but I'm not sure the game allows that.