March 29, 2024, 07:07:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Are there any sneak builds worth doing?  (Read 7193 times)

Azy

• View Profile
Are there any sneak builds worth doing?
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »
I was curious if there are any sneak/Crippler builds involving melee.(I'll take anything from throwing to sg sneakers aswell.)I know it may not be efficient or viable but I'm looking for something I find fun.If anyone has any idea and good experience with sneak I'd like to hear what you have to say,Thanks. ::)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any sneak builds worth doing?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:56:19 pm »
Currently best sneakers are small guns with P90 or .223 pistol too. I haven't really seen a throwing or melee sneaker.

All I have to say that sneakers require 10 INT so they can get 300% sneak (which is a must)

Azy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:41:29 pm »
Alright, Thanks for the help. ; ~ ;

Charlie

• TS3 Public Server Admin
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
Currently best sneakers are small guns with P90 or .223 pistol too. I haven't really seen a throwing or melee sneaker.

All I have to say that sneakers require 10 INT so they can get 300% sneak (which is a must)
P90 (or any other non-pistol) is no longer viable for sneak builds. .223 is the go-to weapon now.
Holding SMG-type weapon in any of two active slots causes -100% Sneak skill penalty

Also, 10 INT isn't required. In fact, it would be a complete waste, you can get your Sneak to 300 with your INT at 1.

If I think about it later, I'll edit this message to show my new stealth build when I have some more time.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:09:07 am by Charlie »

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:16:47 am »
Here's mine from last session, uses Buffout, Psycho, Nuka, Jet, Beer and Cigarettes if you want. It has 9 AP in total with drugs, if you want 1 more you can drop IN to 3 and bump AG to 10 and be prepared to grind to shine.

#rawhide on ForestNet

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »
i dont really know about hth sneaker but ..
P90 (or any other non-pistol) is no longer viable for sneak builds. .223 is the go-to weapon now.
Holding SMG-type weapon in any of two active slots causes -100% Sneak skill penalty

Also, 10 INT isn't required. In fact, it would be a complete waste, you can get your Sneak to 300 with your INT at 1.
right, stalker is still dreaming in his 10 INT world, leveling is very fast so you dont need 10 int

about p90.. -100 is too much so they would have to be played as turret like BG in previous season and BG are better for it so there is no reason to play p90 sneaker anymore

right now i see it for 2 sneaker builds :
1. BG turret-like
2. silent death .223 pistol / magnetolaser (magnetolaser has 35 range, should do alot of dmg vs other sneakers since their armors has low laser DR while .223 pistol should do more damage to players in CA)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:28:24 pm »

If I think about it later, I'll edit this message to show my new stealth build when I have some more time.
The P90 and 223 pistol are still viable. You just have to know when to take it out. True that its possible with 1 INT but you really think a newbie is gonna mine and autocraft to reach Max level? Also I believe slaves have a Max carry weight now.

KestreL

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 02:17:55 pm »
you really think a newbie is gonna mine and autocraft to reach Max level?

The answer is yes. However leveling such a charecter would be the most masochist thing you could ever do. Unless you are fond of auto clickers.   :)

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 02:25:38 pm »
The P90 and 223 pistol are still viable. You just have to know when to take it out. True that its possible with 1 INT but you really think a newbie is gonna mine and autocraft to reach Max level? Also I believe slaves have a Max carry weight now.
thats what i talk about.. when you are going to play "know hwne to take out gun" in other words "turret like" then you can play with BG, why p90 ? only reason to use p90 instead of LSW was befroe that it had no penalty
i didnt said anything about 1int, just that 10 int is too much

Azy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »
I also was suggested Plasma nade/sneaker is that viable at all? I'm leaning towards the 223 as it stands.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 03:09:22 pm »
14mm pistol got some changes also, may be a viable option as well.

Dequ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 03:12:12 pm »
If I would do sneaker, I would do 15ap/5ap burst lsw 25critchance 231hp sneiker

Azy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »
  Can you show me a detailed character planner of your build?

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 05:38:10 pm »
  Can you show me a detailed character planner of your build?

That would be 1 ST, 10 EN, 10 LK build.

More Crit, Even More Crit, Silent Running, Lifegiver, Action Boy x2, BROF, and whatever other perk + Jet and +1 AP armor.

Probably lower IN, so easily level 130+, will have to consult planner.

False

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 07:28:31 am »
I've played around with a few sneak HTH builds; I've just re-rolled back to it after a break.

Usually, I would take the crit perks, throw lk to 9-10, better criticals / hit the gaps etc. With the removal of -ap weapons it can be somewhat more difficult to kill someone, so a reliance on criticals seemed to be the only way to compensate for the missing AP. It should be noted that I never used this build with jet, either.

This time around, I'm trying a tank / sneak hth build. Reason being is even with all the crit perks, you don't often get very many criticals if any when you have Heavy Handed. So, ditching the crit perks I was able to free things up.

Special is

ST  - 7 (Buffout + Psycho = 10)
PE  -1 (Helps with encounters, and you'll be using beer/psycho which gives -PE)
EN  -10
CH -1
IN  -3 (Can be lower than this except if you are taking Silent Death to compensate)
AG -10
LK  -7(This is controversial but I left it 7 anyway)

Optional Traits: Bonehead, Heavy Handed

Perks:

More HTH DMG
Silent Running
Even Tougher
Lifegiver (3)
Bonus HTH attacks

In Your Face, Silent Death, or a final tank perk (ie. Adrenaline Rush or Man of Steel)

The last perk is still kind of a problem for me to figure out, I tried Silent Death first thinking I could latch on to a guaranteed critical to optimize damage but it only ends up doing 10-15 more damage on a regular attack since you don't take Better Criticals. Thus, I'm coming to the conclusion that "In Your Face" may be a better choice not only as a counter-measure against other hthers but against hexers and such. Another tank perk may also be more useful.