April 29, 2024, 01:32:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: TC Locker Changes  (Read 3670 times)

Coltheim

• View Profile
TC Locker Changes
« on: May 03, 2015, 04:09:52 pm »
After reading and rereading the changelogs, I have a few concerns. At the very top of the list, there are the changes made to the TC lockers.

What was the logic behind the changes? I can understand removing PA and Implants from the lockers in the interest of making those things that much more rare, but why remove ammo and drugs?

Also, why add in their place an absurd amount of caps? 4000-8000 caps per town is a heck of a lot.

At the time I am writing this, Bang Bang Smash has had control of all 6 TC locations for two days straight. Correct me if I am wrong, but over the course of 24 hours, over 250k caps will have spawned in those chests. If this continues for much longer, I predict that TC will cause the value of the cap to tank at the fastest rate yet due to how many caps BBS (and others following) will earn this early in the session.

If a single faction like BBS holds all six towns for four days straight, that is over a million caps. Since it is still early in the session, I believe it will take some time before other factions are able to contest these locations.

I fear for the value of the cap.
BULLSHEVIK.

Kaaon

Re: TC Locker Changes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 04:22:16 pm »
its not our bad that noone else is doing TC for some reason  :o

keep in mind that those caps have to be splitted over whole faction and also it has to be good reward because TC is like "top end pvp" thing which you can do in this game and good reward motivates players to do it
idk why drugs and ammo was removed but caps are good and easy to split reward
implants and rare items would just make strongest faction even stronger so they was good as a reward, supplies and caps are just making game easier

btw if you know how to barter effectively then bartering is like equal to caps which are spawning in all towns together so its not really that much

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 04:36:07 pm »
Bartering with npcs is something that's available to the entire population of Reloaded. Spreading the caps from traders leaves a lot fewer to go around, considering how large the population is. Compare this to BBS, who, despite distributing their TC caps evenly, still earn a lot more on a person-to-person basis that players trading on their own can't hope to keep up.

If I wanted to trade with somebody from BBS, for example, they may ask for more caps than I could hope to provide. This early in the session, it's very concerning to me to think that 50%+ of the server's wealth belongs to a comparatively small portion of the player base. With each day that BBS goes uncontested, that gap increases.
BULLSHEVIK.

DesertHero

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »
Maybe because you are all polish players in TS which makes it easy to talk and help each other. Especially you playing 24/7 and no other faction is ready to do TC at the moment.  :facepalm

KestreL

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:05:56 pm »
If you do not like the idea of BBS having control of TC boxes, then fight for them.

Us (BBS) started taking towns with the people who were ready and willing. Most towns were taken with 6 people when there was almost triple that around of people on teamspeak.

Look forward to some opposition for these towns.  :)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 05:16:05 pm »
I'm glad there's more caps and i do not feel threatened at all by the fact that teams get richer faster than solo players. If solo don't like it, then build a team. This game will always be totally even no matter what changes there are (except for cheats and TC windows) because all options are available to everyone. We can all build a team. No game mechanics are holding anyone back. The successful teams deserve more since they are so successful. They get richer faster which is fair (since we can do it too) and also because it better simulates real-life.

As for no more drugs or implants in TC lockers, i'm against that. Should bring all of it back imo and bring back improved mining speeds.

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 05:44:20 pm »
I didn't create this thread to complain about BBS, I wanted to discuss how caps earned from TC are far too plentiful. As it is, BBS has an iron grip on the server's economy. Since nobody else is in the position to contest them, I predict it will stay that way for some time.

Having a massive portion of the server's wealth belonging to a comparatively small portion of the player base isn't good for the server. Just lower the amount of caps from the chests.
BULLSHEVIK.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:57 pm »
These caps are worth the same as previously all drugs, ammo and other things spawned in these lockers. Not to mention rare spawns and implants.

If caps are spawned, then the controlling gang will have to use them to buy ammo, drugs or other things.

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 05:57:32 pm »
If caps are spawned, then the controlling gang will have to use them to buy ammo, drugs or other things.

That seems more like an inconvenience than anything else. Would you consider having it switched back at some point?
BULLSHEVIK.

maszrum

• The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 06:06:28 pm »
Whats the problem? Rules are equal for all the factions.
Im buying all T4 weapons, best prices /PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FOnlineTV

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 07:47:41 am »
You are blind to the fact that making caps spawn in TC lockers is actually a GREAT thing. This means that the people collecting those caps will have a larger incentive to spend them at merchants, which in turn allows non TC players to sell their loot. Nothing is more infuriating than spending half hour jumping from merchant to merchant to see them all without caps. I saw a merchant today with 25k caps because someone with surplus caps purchased stuff there. I then sold my stuff and now I am the owner of the caps. This is how a proper economy is formed. Also their control WILL be contested, and the caps will be further spread out... SOON(TM) trust me :)
As a Poor Mongol, he learned to fight.
As a Reilly's Ranger, he feasted on capybara.
As a Black Sun Gangster, he witnessed betrayal.
As a father, he learned time management.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 09:19:28 am »
Yes the caps are the best reward from tc lockers. I think that only caps should spawn in the lockers because it is an easy reward to split and makes a hell of a lot more sense than a town you own giving you lots of random stuff ranging from gecko skins to nemean implants as tribute randomly. The caps value is not something i think will destabilize economy because 250k caps over the course of 1 day spread between 30+ players is not much. Having more caps makes things easier and makes you need to grind less so it is more for convenience or buying gear from other players and good reward/incentive for being the best team. This is much more balanced than implants spawning all the time making the winning team have 40 more hp and 8% of all DR.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 12:34:24 pm »
Merchants spawn more caps in a given day than TC boxes.

So do footlockers.

'conomy be okay

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 02:21:38 pm »
TC should of been disabled the first week of reloaded. Now BBS dominates the economy.

Coltheim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 04:14:20 pm »
With so many caps being introduced into the economy on a daily basis, will there be any new money sinks to stem the coming flood?

Before we had private mines, which were the best use for your caps. With the changes to slaves, I'm afraid nobody will want to bother with private mines anymore.
BULLSHEVIK.