April 28, 2024, 10:58:13 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Ultimate WTF Squad  (Read 3751 times)

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
The Ultimate WTF Squad
« on: April 27, 2015, 02:19:56 am »
'ello.
So, as our lovely server is about to get wiped out [Praise Kilgore the Mercyful], we all need characters. And I am the one who loves to create... Uh... Original ones.

I. A friggin' Wasteland Cowboy [One-Hander SG critboy]
The idea: .223 pistol, two armshots. Both Crit. That's all. After some scavenging for footlockers in a found combat armor [just to be prepared] with both legs crippled, melee weapon and ~250lbs of stuff [including 2 M60s, a blueprint, a mine, 4k, 6 rockets and FA/Medic/Repair items], I just got shot. Spawned in the middle of the map, while the other guy was nearly at the exit grid. 2 armshots, 1 kill, an hour of scavenging has been wasted.
Spoiler: show

Usage: Mostly PvE and wandering around. High critical chance provides some chance against random PKers.
About the criticals... How about to bring Endurance to 8, add 1 point to Luck [9 total] and take Finesse? 34% critical chance (35% with a lucky armor/implant). A medium of 35 damage [30-40] done by .223 pistols, decreased by 30%, turns into 24. It's not that bad, considering the ammo and criticals. With some lucky bypasses - Looks extremely good on paper.
Yesterday I've made quickly a test character. One-Hander and Finesse with 8 luck. Right after getting a 10mm pistol with AP rounds from Gun Runners, I went for some shooting. Starting with 18% critical chance it was like every 4th shot critting. Let's [almost] double it and see the fun.

II. Turbo Armored Ambulance [BG Tank Medic]
The idea: Dunno. I just tought about a speed-reliant character [low AP usage] who is still tough. BG provides a good punch.

Usage: Dungeons. I'm currently using this in a little bit changed variant [Quick Pockets = Toughness, Medic = More Ranged Damage, Fast Metabolism = Loner, also read science books to get Swift Learner] and looks like it's fine for PvP [tested in Hinkley]. Especially Medic.
Here's the question: Is Quick Pockets really that worth? Isn't it better to change it for Toughness? Although I probably won't switch Medic.
Fast Metabolism - Drugs are fairly cheap [both to make and to buy] and easy to find, so It's not that big loose, while 20% of HP each 30 seconds sounds very good. Quick death recovery!

III. Stormtrooper [SG Burster]

The idea: Cheap and effective, that's all. I also love assault-type classes in any games.
Usage: Mostly PvP.
If we're talking about assault - Wouldn't it be a good choice to change FA or Doctor for Throwing? Eh, you know, M79 doesn't have that high damage...
Bonus Ranged Damage [+2] and More Ranged Damage [+3] = +5 damage per bullet, yep?

IV. Nerd Ninja Scavenger [Footlocker hunter + crafter]

The idea: Pure pacifism or <insert a joke about french army here>. Carries a lot, gets a lot of skill points and feels [almost] safe when scavenging footlockers.
Usage: All about loot [except selling/buying].
The problem is - How long will it take to get all this experience.
And how luck will work with disarming traps, looting and sneaking.

V. Lord General [The Charismatic One]

The idea: Let's make an army, lel. He's tough enough to survive without a weapon.
Usage: Buying, selling, negotiating. Maybe I'll try some dungeons, but i can't imagine how it would work.
The question is: Is Good Natured really that useful? Aren't slaves kind of... You know, an excellent choice to carry stuff?

HERE would be an idea of fire-based character, as Pyromancer rework has been announced, but still nobody knows HOW it will get reworked. I hope it will be available to all fire weapons and we'll get an SG flamethrower as well as Molotov Cocktails' damage will be changed to fire/we'll get an incendiary grenade.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.
YOU CAN SAY EVERYTHING.

E V E R Y T H I N G.

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
Re: The Ultimate WTF Squad
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 02:45:09 am »
never take quick pockets
6 Pe is not enough for your builds
never take ghost
never take dodger
never take bonus ranged damage
never take medic
never take tree trunk thighs if you have 10 Endurance (look at crit table)
never tag traps skill
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:47:57 am by vig »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:47 am »
Quick pockets would be worth taking in two situations.
1. Will be available to take on level 3rd ( if devs ever move it)
2. Will be available as support perk with some AG /PE requirmements.
( see above, if devs move it)

Otherwise it's not worth. It's quiet good as supporting thingie...but it is loosing against more important perks to take. Sadly...
GUN FOR HIRE

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »
never take quick pockets

Quick pockets would be worth taking in two situations.
1. Will be available to take on level 3rd ( if devs ever move it)
2. Will be available as support perk with some AG /PE requirmements.
( see above, if devs move it)

Otherwise it's not worth. It's quiet good as supporting thingie...but it is loosing against more important perks to take. Sadly...

OK, I can agree with it. And I also agree with You, Matt - The requirements are kinda high for it.

6 Pe is not enough for your builds

First build, SG Pistoler - 6 Perception. Does unlock Awareness. The vision is 38, 41 with cigarettes. Most gun bursts' range is 35. This one's range is 30.
Second build, BG Burster - 6 Perception, 5 with Psycho. Does unlock Awareness. LSW's burst range is 35, 5 Perception also grants 35. Sounds fine...
Third build, SG Burster - 6 Perception, 5 with Psycho. Does unlock Awareness. The vision is from 41 to 35. All SGs from high tier have burst range from 30 to 35. Utilizing single shots here sounds kind of... Weird.

never take ghost

I ahm ze geist.
300 sneak with such SP would be an argument, the fact that city ruins don't contain enough walls to stick to would also fit. OK.

never take dodger
AC Troll maybe? ;-;

never take bonus ranged damage
Double BRD/BRD + MRD meta is out?

never take medic
First Aid > Super Stimpaks, at least in PvE/TB, also in Hinkley. I know that Hinkley is not real PvP, but... But. But my SS bind does not want to work, welp.

never take tree trunk thighs if you have 10 Endurance (look at crit table)

... Ok. May be true. I just don't know if it can work against traps.

never tag traps skill

Bu- Oh. Tag. OK. But what a crafter/scavenger can tag then, maybe Outdoorsman? Doctor?

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »
never tag traps skill

Bu- Oh. Tag. OK. But what a crafter/scavenger can tag then, maybe Outdoorsman? Doctor?
when will people finally realize that ANY character can craft by reading few books and putting few skillpoints into repair/scince and any char can scavenge or open footlockers around ?
there are no crafter/scavenger/medic or idk what type of random "builds"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:00:27 pm by Seki »

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 02:07:40 pm »
when will people finally realize that ANY character can craft by reading few books and putting few skillpoints into repair/scince and any char can scavenge or open footlockers around ?

When people will build 10 Strength [carry weight] or high intelligence [Dismantler, full repair/science/anything] characters and traps/crippling will get removed.
Also I don't like messing up. One character for everything is not my choice.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 05:21:13 pm »
In my opinion...

As far as your "crippler" is concerned, you should probably make two decisions right off the bat; Is this a damage build or a pure crippler? Secondly will you be taking mostly head shots (including eyes), or are you going to be relying on legs/arms/groin?

If going for damage, no Finesse. Raise LK and drop quick pockets, keep RBtE. You can swap Quick Pockets for something more useful.

If you're going majority body shots, my suggestion (based on about a half dozen test builds) is Finesse /w Close Combat tagged so you can take Hit The Gaps instead of (or in addition to) RBtE.

Both Finesse and Hit the Gaps give you bonuses you'll want. Cripplers aren't so easy to play though.

.02 Cents, I'm sure a dozen people will be here to tell me I'm wrong. That's cool, though...