April 29, 2024, 11:57:46 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: SERVER WIPE ANNOUNCED  (Read 76325 times)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
Re: SERVER WIPE ANNOUNCED
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2015, 08:00:13 am »
Gnk, 5 minutes to get PA? In dreams! I had around 6 million caps from casual playing over year of gameplay, I was able to get set of imp for one character. and by improving my toon, I could participate in PvP action where I could, eventually, put my hands on PA. Took me 1 month (2-5 hours a day) of playing to get 8 sets of PA. Only! But I managed to get it.

@Vig - Gecko Skin for CA is somewhat good idea, because Kilgore tries to change CA flood, which is good - details are less welcome, if it comes to resources. Still I say CA could use much more GMP and some extra part (like Radio for helm to build).

People like Fallout online (in any version) because mostly they can chose to play solo, with friend, or in guild - forcing to play in guild to get gear is, at most, poor idea. I was once in faction, we did few TC, we lost to super geared players. First ones gets phats, rest can go offline? No, thanks.

TB traps, I understand they are annoying - but TC and any public location is RT, so breaking vital part of game to get rid of TB traps is bad.
Freelancer

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2015, 08:20:37 am »
PA/HPA is not supposed to be regular top gear.
If we made it so leather armors and jackets are the best craftable/farmable armors, then you would come here to whine that you cannot obtain metal armor mk2 anymore? Jesus. Implants are too powerful, especially currently before nerfs, that's why they will be spawned only in Special Encounters which are only luck-dependant (real life luck). If you feel you are out of luck, then you can try to buy it or trade from someone that has it.

I was once in faction, we did few TC, we lost to super geared players. First ones gets phats, rest can go offline? No, thanks.
These players worked to get them, so they had it. How is that surprising that the winner (more skilled, having more members, or bigger "nolife", or whatever) gets the prize and the loser doesn't? I don't get your logic, it's a multiplayer game.

Dunno why some people are so obsessed with being an owner of PA/HPA and full implant set but I guess this is for them and their friends:
Source of Reloaded 1st session will be published soon, for those who wish to host it locally, work on it or check some things.

There is no need to post a river of tears, seriously. You should try to see a picture bigger than the gameplay style of you and some of your friends, really.

Additional changes:
- First Aid and Small Guns books now give skill points,
- Skill books now cost 1600-2000,
- H&K G11/G11e are now one-handed weapons,
- 14mm Pistol dmg increased from 18-28 to 20-30, range from 24 to 28, clip capacity from 6 to 10,
- Decreased AP cost of throwing spears from 6 to 5,
- Base range of all throwing weapons is now 15,
- Detonator parts price changed to 2500,
- Character can no longer be radiated when installing implants,
- Metal Armor Mk2 and Metal Mask Mk2 can now be crafted in normal workbench,
- Team colours in Hinkley changed to blue and orange,
- Removed INT requirement for Town Control NPCs (Redding, Den, Gecko, BH).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:59:10 am by Kilgore »

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2015, 09:01:19 am »
Gnk, 5 minutes to get PA? In dreams! I had around 6 million caps from casual playing over year of gameplay, I was able to get set of imp for one character. and by improving my toon, I could participate in PvP action where I could, eventually, put my hands on PA. Took me 1 month (2-5 hours a day) of playing to get 8 sets of PA. Only! But I managed to get it.

@Vig - Gecko Skin for CA is somewhat good idea, because Kilgore tries to change CA flood, which is good - details are less welcome, if it comes to resources. Still I say CA could use much more GMP and some extra part (like Radio for helm to build).

People like Fallout online (in any version) because mostly they can chose to play solo, with friend, or in guild - forcing to play in guild to get gear is, at most, poor idea. I was once in faction, we did few TC, we lost to super geared players. First ones gets phats, rest can go offline? No, thanks.

TB traps, I understand they are annoying - but TC and any public location is RT, so breaking vital part of game to get rid of TB traps is bad.
Implants/pa are not required to pvp. I started later in the session when most players were already implanted and i had no implants/pa. I did pvp anyways and was successful on many occasions. You did not lose because the enemy was super geared. You lost because you did not know how to play pvp as well as they did and likely had shitty builds. In this session it was extremely easy to get pa/hpa/implants without ever fighting another player, whether through bluesuiting the reno box immediately after character creation or killing the slags in warehouse to get to that box or simply buying them. Anytime someone complains about it being unfair and they need same exact gear as everyone else need to stop blaming loot for why they suck and actually work to improve themselves as players.

Smart and dedicated players get loot, the the players who are neither do nothing but complain.

KestreL

« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2015, 09:05:56 am »
Smart and dedicated players get loot, the the players who are neither do nothing but complain.

Like those bluesuit trolls that stood in New reno 5-6 hours a day that just die and come back like a beaten dog? Hmm, interesting.

Implants/pa are not required to pvp. I started later in the session when most players were already implanted and i had no implants/pa. I did pvp anyways and was successful on many occasions.

Not everyone is sup3r Ub3r hax0r-l1ke you.

------------------------------------------------------

Balance right now is perfect. There will no longer be organized swarms of Power armors / T4.

About fuckin time! xD - ty
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:09:04 am by A3 »

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:52 am »

Improved Flamer(Incinerator) need adv workbench to craft in new season?

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:57 am »
Probably an attempt to stop TB traps.
How can you call TB traps if they can always be avoided ?
Now TB is turtle fighting  :)

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2015, 09:37:48 am »
Ok, Killgore, I will give it a try, to have WIDER picture.

Freelancer

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:22 am »

Like those bluesuit trolls that stood in New reno 5-6 hours a day that just die and come back like a beaten dog? Hmm, interesting.

That was only because server was empty and never happened before nobody was playing. Also this was a reason reno box should have been removed or had guards like warehouse.

Implants/pa are not required to pvp. I started later in the session when most players were already implanted and i had no implants/pa. I did pvp anyways and was successful on many occasions.

Not everyone is sup3r Ub3r hax0r-l1ke you.

Yes exactly, and they dont deserve loot they cant earn like a decent player.

KestreL

« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2015, 10:30:04 am »
Fail quote  ;D

Byzantine

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2015, 10:32:45 am »

what about 15 bullets per burst? ::)

Strike

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2015, 11:47:05 am »

Additional changes:
- First Aid and Small Guns books now give skill points,
- Skill books now cost 1600-2000,
- 14mm Pistol dmg increased from 18-28 to 20-30, range from 24 to 28, clip capacity from 6 to 10,
- Decreased AP cost of throwing spears from 6 to 5,
- Base range of all throwing weapons is now 15,
- Detonator parts price changed to 2500,
- Character can no longer be radiated when installing implants,
- Metal Armor Mk2 and Metal Mask Mk2 can now be crafted in normal workbench,
- Team colours in Hinkley changed to blue and orange,

Thanks for these changes! Dynacord Stick got little range boost, next we have to wait for Heave Ho to be reworked as one perk. Finally you can read and gain skill boost from First Aid books and Small Guns books.

When we can download new client?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:53:25 am by Strike »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2015, 12:02:37 pm »
Just to be sure...poison will be reworked with this wipe or one of the next session ?
I want to know if I should craft few antidotes :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2015, 12:03:40 pm »
How will reroll work on characters with implants?

KestreL

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »
How will reroll work on characters with implants?

Currently the implants will not drop - Confirmed.

For now.

duki

• Know Your Role!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »
nice to see the server restarts