March 28, 2024, 10:16:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Ultimate shooting build  (Read 27517 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Ultimate shooting build
« on: April 25, 2015, 10:55:36 pm »
I want to build ultimate char. Shooter not only for PvP but for PvE and some crafting just to not make tons of chars. I'm not that kind of guy.
So tell me pls if it's gonna work.
I would be glad to hear few words from guys like Troll, Favorite, Gimper vel Steve etc.
Just guys who know this game as their own bedroom or even better  ;)

SPECIAL:
S:5
P:7
E:8
C:1
I:5
A:9
L:6

Skills:
1.Small Guns
2.Big Guns
3.Energy Weapon

Traits:
Small Arms
Good Natured (for 2 followers) or Finesse (for more crits, but that damn 30% DR :/) or just nothing...

Perks:
3L: More Critical ?
6L: Even More Critical ?
9L: Sharpshooter ?
12L: Action Boy (must be for me)
15L Action Boy (must be for me)
18L: Bonus Rate of Fire (BRoF is too a must be)
21L: Lifegiver or Better Crits
24L: Living Anatomy or Lifegiver

Just to be sure, I never have even one Lifegiver and more ENd than 5-6, but I see its must be aspecially in dungeons. So one Lifegiver for sure, even that two would be nice. But...+5 dmg per shot is a nice perk too from L. Anatomy.
I cry even more cause with BRD and MRD I had +10 dmg with Living Anatomy per shot...but fragile char have no time to get fun from that 10dmg more, so...

What's your opinions?

Thx for feedback.

GUN FOR HIRE

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Ultimate shooting build
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »
Every character is what you make of them.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:18:40 pm »
Is this for turn based or realtime? Im not sure because it doesnt really look like either type. This is important because real time builds are completely different from turn based.

KestreL

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:37 pm »
I didn't play this server for awhile but maybe I can be of some help since I used to be a bigtime FOnline 2238/reloaded fan.

I'll start by saying that an energy sniper / Big gun Sniper / Small gun sniper requires atleast 9+Luck. Otherwise you'll hit those 4 shots without crit streaks often.

5 Streght is not required due to power leveling. You can reach level 100+ in FOnline: Reloaded after reset in maybe 2-3 days.

A good trait Imo is Onehander. Since you do not like Fastshot much, you can take onehander - It will ofcourse remove 20% chacne to hit but add +5 flat damage to your shots. Quite better than current Good natured. xD

I read you say "MRD + BRD + living anatomy = 10dmg" You are quite wrong on that one.

MRD + BRD adds +5 dmg. But this 5 damage is nerfed by enemies dr. Unlike living anatomy for +5 FLAT damage that is not effected by damage resistance.

So lets say you had MRD + BRD + BRD you would have +8 dmg. But if enemy had like 50% normal ressistance this damage would be nerfed to 4dmg.

8EN as a standalone charecter is quite useless. Also considering you will be knocked out often.

Personally, I would bring IN to 3. and if you are afraid of talking like an ape, just eat mentats.

Anyways, just a few things I wanted to mention. Goodluck.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 12:22:31 am »
Well first off, this build is NO way appropriate for PvP. Maybe not even PvE lol, it's really rough through and through. If you want a good farmer/crafter build for both TB and RT, go with this.

ST - 5 (Average amount to use any weapon)
PE - 7
EN - 10 (Lots of HP)
CH - 1 (No need for it, companions are quite useless)
INT - 5
AG - 10 (With small frame)
LK - 3 (Enough to generally avoid retarded bypasses)

Small Frame
Fast Shot (Good for Turn-based and also real time for +5 dmg bonus)

Tag

Small Guns (Or whichever weapons you prefer)
First Aid
Outdoors

Perfect for universal builds.

Perks
Level 3 - Take either Adrenaline Rush (Tanky) or Bonus move (action point spam)
Level 6 - Toughness
Level 9 - Even Tougher (These will obviously help cushion shots)
Level 12 - Action Boy
Level 15 - Action Boy
Level 18 - Bonus rate of Fire
Level 21 - Lifegiver
Level 24 - Lifegiver+

So it should end up 245 HP, 12 Action Points and really good damage resistance. You do NOT need drugs, but if you want to take them its all good. Psycho, cigs, buffout and nuka will be ok.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:24:01 am »
Chosen One, maybe yes....but sometimes low HP makes playing very hard, especially in dungeons...and sometimes low Int makes game frustrating.

Beer it need to be nice in turn based but enough good to stand some dungeons.

Aco, thx for answer. That was something I was asking for.

I really love to play with 12 AP char, so these A.Boys perks are really must be for me. Just like that Bonus Rate of Fire for obvious reason.

Getting less than 5 Strenght make crafting and looting quiet hard...
Thats why I would not go lower than that.
Good natured was there just cause I did not see nothing more interesting :D
Anyway, I didn't see nothing about this 5 flat dmg...nice to know...
Wiki didnt say anything about it...

BRD and MRD was something nice to me, but it's not necessary and I don't really need it so much. There are no even mentioned in my build.

8EN with two lifegivers or with one lifegiver and one living anatomy anatomy give me plenty hp, thats why.

"High" Int was there just to take few support perks.....when i started building my char it was 7/8, than I lower it to 6...and now lower it to 5....Man, just don't make me lower it more  :o

And to be honest...thx again for your answer, and those little things you wanted to mention :)

GUN FOR HIRE

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 12:37:24 am »
Well first off, this build is NO way appropriate for PvP. Maybe not even PvE lol, it's really rough through and through. If you want a good farmer/crafter build for both TB and RT, go with this.

ST - 5 (Average amount to use any weapon)
PE - 7
EN - 10 (Lots of HP)
CH - 1 (No need for it, companions are quite useless)
INT - 5
AG - 10 (With small frame)
LK - 3 (Enough to generally avoid retarded bypasses)

Small Frame
Fast Shot (Good for Turn-based and also real time for +5 dmg bonus)

Tag

Small Guns (Or whichever weapons you prefer)
First Aid
Outdoors

Perfect for universal builds.

Perks
Level 3 - Take either Adrenaline Rush (Tanky) or Bonus move (action point spam)
Level 6 - Toughness
Level 9 - Even Tougher (These will obviously help cushion shots)
Level 12 - Action Boy
Level 15 - Action Boy
Level 18 - Bonus rate of Fire
Level 21 - Lifegiver
Level 24 - Lifegiver+

So it should end up 245 HP, 12 Action Points and really good damage resistance. You do NOT need drugs, but if you want to take them its all good. Psycho, cigs, buffout and nuka will be ok.

Thx for answer Gimper, and that's what I like...honest post without butt-licking  :D
Even if it's gonna hurt  ;)

ST-5 yup, that's why I chose that amount
PE-7 yup, for first I wanted 8...but hey, there are implants  ;)
EN-10 ---- I tough about 8, cause I don't want be that tanky...I would like more to shoot and little bit snipe, so that Fast Shot Trait...is a little bit pain in my ass...  :(
CH-1 true, and even with one you can have one or two if u want to have them just for fun
INT- 5, as I mentioned earlier...it must be for me in that amount I would love to have very high int, but we need to be realistic. +2SP is not so important in game without level cap for skill points
AG-9 I wanted 10, but I would "wait" for implant and in mean time use Nuka Cola
Luck...Man, I have already 3 and it make some things very hard...I have too much crit. failures with destroyed weapon and such.  :(

Traits: Small frame okay, but Fast Shot is really must be? Those not aiming shots make me thrill  :o

Perks are okay for me without those 3 first.
I would rather have more crits for aimed shots.
Just don't punch me, I'm new in PvP world...but I would like to make some universal char that would be more fun to play for me than frustrating.
That's why I would like to do something more from bigger range.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:41:24 am by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 01:00:00 pm »
Uhuhuh... As a newfag to PvP I guess I can still try helping [Matt wanted me to do it, so well].

SPECIAL
Strength
- 3-5. 6 is required only with Gauss Rifle, M79 Grenade Launcher, H&K G11E, Tommy Gun and H&K CAWS. -20% accuracy per one point of strength missing. 200% is enough to shoot fine, the highlined weapons are OR rare, OR used only on special occasions, OR simply weak.
Perception - 6 is the minimum, but 7 is recommended. Awareness + 38> vision range is a must on an SG shooter. Cigarettes will increase it to 41, while Sharpshooter will increase it to 47 [all from 6]. With 7 the full set grants 50 sight range, which is the maximum range of a Sniper Rifle.
Endurance - Well. It's highly recommended to have 10, but 8 [or even 6] also works. Especially if you want to be a Sniper, you can lower it even more, putting more points in AG/PE/LK. Your range [and power] makes a trade for survivability.
Charisma - Real men do not need help.
Intelligence - Here starts the problem. A crafter needs high intelligence, while a PvP character can work even with 1 point. 4-6.
But if you really want to be a crafter, 8.
Agility - 8-10, Small Frame included. If you're rich/lucky enough, you can buy/craft armors and hope that they'll have a bonus AG point. Nuka Cola is cheap and easy to find/craft, an [almost] safe +1 is a good option there. Also - Implants. Now it's much easier to get them. But I don't think people would wait until 30 to play PvP.
Luck - My personal choice is 4-5. 4 is currently in all my characters [excluding the footlocker hunter, which has 3]. A good sniper must be lucky, which means - 7-8 Luck minimum.

TRAITS
Small Frame -
Welp, it's [almost] a must and does not affect much in a PvP character. For a carrier/scavenger you take something more useful.
Finesse - Additional 10% critical chance. If you want to be a crippler (the target is to make injuries, murdering plays the secondary role] - Why not, lel. 30% lower damage will hurt a real sniper, but not a spammer/crippler.
NOTE: Finesse does not affect bypasses, they do full damage. More luck and critical chance = more bypasses. Consider it.
Fast Shot - Spamming, that's all. Flat +5 also sounds good. Crit build with -1AP .223 Pistol and Bonus Rate of Fire turned out [to me] to work really good. At least at FOnline2. 1 shot, 1/5 HP.
Loner - A good choice for a crafter with 8 Intelligence. +20% exp. With all these crafts it comes REALLY fast. Remember, you're a real man, you don't need help.
Skilled - Crafter/Trader/Slaver. They don't actually need perks, maybe some for tankiness, that's all.
Fast Metabolism - You're able to create a character who needs no drugs, 6 int. sounds like a good pack of IQ to you. This + 10 Endurance + Faster Healing [6 int, 75 doc] grants you 20% of your maximum health per 30 seconds.
^ at least FORCP says so
Bonehead - I've seen people using it, but honestly I've never considered to do so. Still usable tho.Chem Reliant/Chem Resistant - Seems like you want to avoid drugs. But, if you don't... Hehe...
SKILLS

Small Guns -
No need to explain.
First Aid - You better heal.
Doctor - A must in real PvP. Your eyes and arms are worth more than you.

Repair, Science, Outdoorsman - you got books for it. They really grant much, after reaching 24th level - you can boost your [up to now] useless skills. ♥

PERKS

It all depends on your character build. 2 main for Small Gunners are:

SNIPER                                            SG BURSTER
More Critical                                       Adrenaline Rush                   
Even More Critical                                Toughness
Sharpshooter                                      Bonus Ranged Damage
Lifegiver                                             Lifegiver
Lifegiver                                             Lifegiver
Bonus Rate of Fire                                Lifegiver
Better Criticals                                     Bonus Rate of Fire/Even Tougher
Right Between the Eyes                         Bonus Ranged Damage/More Ranged Damage
Sniper Variant                                      Tank Variant
[lower endurance]                                 [lower luck]

I've also seen thingies like Cowboy [One Hander crit/spammer] and shotgunners, but honestly I can't build it. :<
LET THE SHIT KNOWLEDGE BE WITH YOU.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:37:43 pm by Vanadiss »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 04:53:27 pm »
Is having 2 characters a "ton of characters"? I strongly suggest not trying to force all functions into a single character that you expect to also be highly effective in PvP. Take mining out. Then answering this post is much easier. It's so easy to level a miner to level 15 (to get both Action Boys) and let him do all of the heavy lifting. Pile everything he mines on the floor at your workbench, then switch to your "ultimate fighter" stand there bluesuit and grab-all to craft for xp. So using a 2nd character for mining is actually easier. Otherwise, the limitations inherent to build mechanics do not allow a 100% full-function ultimate character who does everything in the whole game really well, including mining, crafting, solo'ing warehouse, Town Control, New Reno, Ares, etc. You can certainly make a guy do all of these things, but being a jack-of-all-trades means you're a master at none.

Regarding an Ultimate Fighter
ST 5 is for Adrenaline Rush. You don't list that perk though so i say ST 2 with plan to max gun skill at 300. Or ST 3 if you're worried about it. I have the most fun with my ST 1 fighter, so don't assume you need such high ST as 5 (again unless you want A-Rush).

PE you want high but not 10, so you can use Psycho and cigs and a PE implant some day when you finally get one. I say PE 9.

EN has to be 10, man.

CH has to be 1, but 4 if you want to mess with getting 3 companion followers. (Not worth the time in my opinion ever since they changed game to disallow them from attacking player characters).

IN, anything over 3 is a waste. Use Mentats to chat better (but go pro and use TeamSpeak).

AG. 10 if you plan to use Buffout and Cola, a solid plan. But only 9 to allow use of AG implant. Ah but make it 8 to go pro. 8 AG means you need implant and avoid buffout but drink cola.

LK whatever is left, but 9 for true hardcore sniper. Get LK implant for 10 in that case.

Tag Skills
Your plan to tag SG and BG and EW is good. Universal fighter is viable, useful. I don't do this but i think it's good. I always get OD to 150-175 even for PvP because it gets you back to battles faster with less interruptions on the map. But comparing a skill with 175 max to a skill with 300 max might be no contest; tag all 3 guns and i salute you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:55:37 pm by Henry »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »
3 tag skills are in my opinion best way for fighter to choose, why?
It's almost only skills going up to 300%
Anyway, I don't want to be real monster in PvP. Just have some small chances against some low-minded pker. Even with best build I cannot still match with guys like Seki, Troll and other fanatics  ;)
Anyway, I had my 1st char with high int and without lifegivers and low end.
To be honest it was my best char to play, he gives me most fun. So I think I will just max end and get 2 lifegivers. Anyway, from traits only fast shot gives us +5 flat dmg?
GUN FOR HIRE

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »
Is having 2 characters a "ton of characters"? I strongly suggest not trying to force all functions into a single character that you expect to also be highly effective in PvP. Take mining out. Then answering this post is much easier. It's so easy to level a miner to level 15 (to get both Action Boys) and let him do all of the heavy lifting. Pile everything he mines on the floor at your workbench, then switch to your "ultimate fighter" stand there bluesuit and grab-all to craft for xp. So using a 2nd character for mining is actually easier. Otherwise, the limitations inherent to build mechanics do not allow a 100% full-function ultimate character who does everything in the whole game really well, including mining, crafting, solo'ing warehouse, Town Control, New Reno, Ares, etc. You can certainly make a guy do all of these things, but being a jack-of-all-trades means you're a master at none.

Regarding an Ultimate Fighter
ST 5 is for Adrenaline Rush. You don't list that perk though so i say ST 2 with plan to max gun skill at 300. Or ST 3 if you're worried about it. I have the most fun with my ST 1 fighter, so don't assume you need such high ST as 5 (again unless you want A-Rush).

PE you want high but not 10, so you can use Psycho and cigs and a PE implant some day when you finally get one. I say PE 9.

EN has to be 10, man.

CH has to be 1, but 4 if you want to mess with getting 3 companion followers. (Not worth the time in my opinion ever since they changed game to disallow them from attacking player characters).

IN, anything over 3 is a waste. Use Mentats to chat better (but go pro and use TeamSpeak).

AG. 10 if you plan to use Buffout and Cola, a solid plan. But only 9 to allow use of AG implant. Ah but make it 8 to go pro. 8 AG means you need implant and avoid buffout but drink cola.

LK whatever is left, but 9 for true hardcore sniper. Get LK implant for 10 in that case.

Tag Skills
Your plan to tag SG and BG and EW is good. Universal fighter is viable, useful. I don't do this but i think it's good. I always get OD to 150-175 even for PvP because it gets you back to battles faster with less interruptions on the map. But comparing a skill with 175 max to a skill with 300 max might be no contest; tag all 3 guns and i salute you.

I think creating a build now with "reserved" points for future implants is no good since you first need to play new session, check out the possibilities and probabilities of getting any implant. During this time you will probably stock enough cash for private mine and after that just create a new char, level fast on crafting a proper build for implants.

or

just make a reroll for 10-20k like Kilgore said and then change special according to your implants. Dunno why loose special points now if you dont even know if you get any implant which would be rare.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 04:57:44 pm »
The AG and PE implant I'll looking for the most make gaps which I can fullfill even permamently with Cigs. and Nuka. That was more likely throwed as possibility. Anyway, I heard about some Crit.Roll changes, perks changes and even traits and drugs. So true, planning new character is delayed in time for now. Anyway, still it's good to ask "older" PvP players what is more important in PvP build.
GUN FOR HIRE

Grizzan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »
I want to build ultimate char.
If a character like that would exist the game would be pretty shit...

But yeah, instead of planning one yourself you want people from forum to make you a build and adjust it to your builds?
I have too much time, I can spend hours on planning you a character.

Is a PvE/PvP a good character for you? Of course ultimate build, no drugs as it's too expensive. I'll plan one with 3rd professions, all of available + all available support perks, okay? No lvl higher than 24 needed as you don't have time to lvl up, oh I actually got better idea. I'll give you a hintbook, what about that?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 11:48:21 pm »
Didn't said no drugs, and I asked for advices not making me my build  :)
I have now 26 lvl and quiet good char. Not need to "build" for me char.
But thx for help Grizzan  ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

zinthos

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 07:58:16 am »
1, make TB character for easy farming
2, make a character with maximum skill points for crafting
3, make any viable char for pvp: sniper, critburster, normal burster or stonewall tank

these builds mostly require ~30 lvls which can be done in like 2 hrs. if you are really lazy then you can try to combine the first two and use drugs.
for pvp builds, drugs are  must. also use skill book to get more perks on low lvl so yo wont need higher int.

you must realize that you must focus on one type of build and not to take perks that you dont need, like your example build in OP. the first 3 perks are not needed in case you arent using a sniper.