April 28, 2024, 01:25:35 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Weapon skill 180%+  (Read 1809 times)

SirMatymut

• View Profile
Weapon skill 180%+
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:26:48 pm »
     I was wondering if now when all char can have so much SP is even good idea put more points when you reach weapon skill 180%.
Well snipers with PE 8+ might use it but bursters , thats a question.

So do anyone know formula how that skill influence deterioration, crit miss, hit chance ?

paco

• View Profile
Re: Weapon skill 180%+
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »
If you lack strength, yes. Each strength missing to a strength check is -20% skill when firing the weapon.
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Bego

• View Profile
Re: Weapon skill 180%+
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 08:31:24 am »
Use the Opera's online character planner (idk if version for FO:R is up yet, but the 2238 version will do as well), there you can see calculations for hit chance... What you wanna do is have max hit chance on max range with desired weapon. Personally, I use ST 6 char for BG burster and my weapons skill is 200% and its working perfectly fine (yes, undrugged), so I guess if you match the weapons ST requirement you should be OK with skill 180%, at least for TB, same for fast shot spammers.

Crit miss is affected by (low) LK, weapon deterioration and weapons skill (combined with ST requirement deficit ofc, if any). I don't think the skill affects weapon deterioration, tho I may be wrong about that.
...pissing people off since 2238...