April 24, 2024, 08:32:08 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: BG-Tank-Medic and a Footlocker Hunter  (Read 5056 times)

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
BG-Tank-Medic and a Footlocker Hunter
« on: April 02, 2015, 10:58:51 am »
Welcome.
So, as far as I've seen my wonderbuild not working as good as intended, I decided to make a [theoretically] better one. Due to fact my builds were always a tragedy, I got to ask for help again.
I. Senseless Armored Ambulance [BG Tank Medic]
The idea is simple - Tough and able to withstand slightly more. But the problem may start as soon as PvP starts, because it cannot deal that much damage. Instead it can run and heal people, lel.
Spoiler: show

45 secs FA/Doc when people are always going for arms/eyes? Should work. ~180 damage per person with Avenger Minigun? Not exactly.
I'd change Bonus Rate of Fire if the character would have to be Jet reliant for More Ranged Damage, or Medic for the same if FA/Doc aren't really that important. Although Hinkley proves it is.
Here comes the dilemma: To deal damage or to survive damage?
II. Footlocker Hunter [Melee/Throwing Lockpick Traps]
Simply - to never miss a footlocker and to not have both legs crippled. Doctor would be then a better idea, but... But Traps allow me to craft grenades.
Melee vs Throwing:
Melee - Weapons don't have condition, AP-Cheap attacks. Low weight. Drawback: 1-2 hex range kinda sucks against Mutants or harder thugs.
Throwing - Some distance, splash/hex damage, high damage just from the beginning. Drawback: They weight a lot.
Fighting is not a core in searching for footlockers, maybe better take Stealth?
Although I'd stick to Throwing, just to make a usage of Traps.
Spoiler: show

Hmmm, maybe it'd be better to make a charismatic Footlocker Hunter, as mercs/slaves would do the job in fights and also carry MUCH more?

Zormad

• View Profile
Re: BG-Tank-Medic and a Footlocker Hunter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 01:01:49 pm »
I'm not an expert but I'd advice against medic perk since you could take something more usefull e.g. stonewall
maxing first aid and doctor skills and keeping a supply of super stims should be enough.

I also suggest lowering inteligence because in the long run it's a waste of precious SPECIAL points and the only benefit is more skill points which are basically unlimited.
unless you need skill points for perks, go as low as possible, even 1. then you need a lot more levels, but it's worth it.

as for charisma I don't recommend taking more than 1. even with 1CHR and 300%speech you can have 2 companions

STR - 6 if you want to take stonewall. 5 if you want adrenaline rush, otherwise 1. you never really need more than 6

LUCK - if you take just 1 you are much more vulnerable to critical hits and critical failures, which is bad
I recomend taking 4 (and buying a implant later on)

all of the above is only important if you want to maximize your potential in combat. playing with 1INT and/or 1STR could be a pain in the ass for someone who wants a more casual approach.
hope this was helpfull.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 01:27:32 pm »
For Treasure/footlocker hunter build maybe something like this:

:)

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 01:36:34 pm »
LOL  :facepalm  :D
For For Treasure hunter you need only: 10 ST, 150 lockpick and perk "Treasure hunter"
Maybe support perks for carry weight and Light step
Everything else doesn't matter  ::)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:48:26 pm »
Treasure Hunter Build. Yeah. I had a lot of success with this, using 5.10.10.1.3.10.1, Small Frame = Bonehead. But you could trade Bonehead for Fast Shot too, since many locker encounters have easier creatures you can just 1-shot. Also could lower PE from 10 and have better IN (i guess). This one works great for me though, and i can beat 7 highwaymen solo with him, no problem.

(Actually, if you really mean to have a dedicated Treasure Hunter, maybe don't use Small Frame. I use it even for Treasure Hunting, but technically this is wrong since it limits Carry Weight.)

His main perks are: A-Rush, Quick-P, Even Tougher, LG, LG, BRoF, LG, Man of Steel.
Preferred Weapons: XL70, Pancor Jackhammer, p90, FN FAL HPFA (but this one only with Quick-P).

So for a Treasure Hunter build, i suggest these things:
* High Outdoorsman like OldBoy says, at least 150 so you can get the fast-travel perks.
* Yes of course both Carry Weight perks, Pack Rat and Strong Back.
* Lightstep perk for sure, but get Traps to 150 and disarm traps for xp
* Doctor 100! Even with high Traps you get injured some times so you need to be able to fix this fast.
* Science 120 + Dismantler perk comes in handy when breaking down lesser items to free up Carry Weight.
* Plan to use these drugs: Buffout, cola, Psycho, cigs (and maybe beer if you don't mind the PE hit).
* Max ST 7 to benefit from Buffout and Psycho for ST 10.
* Avoid Jet for a PvE build like this - it's just not necessary and lowers your DR too much.
* Have a tent nearby where you plan to hunt, so you can make quick drops of found loot.
* Minimum gun skill 180 so you can get Bonus Rate of Fire.
* Even Tougher perk at level 9, Lockpick 150+advanced picks, should all be obvious.

Mighty's ST 10 suggestion is valid since a treasure hunter needs to carry more and more stuff before making a drop and going back out light again (but i suggest no higher than ST 7 so you get the benefits of the ST drugs). Treasure Hunting shows off one of the mechanical problems in this game: you want to go out, find lockers, grab all loot, and repeat until overweight, then go to nearby tent and drop it all. But you there is no function that allows you to "drop it all, except my ammo, drugs, lockpicks, and paramedics bag". So making fewer drops is better so you don't have to deal with this as often, which is why low ST is not so good for a Treasure Hunter. (Same advice for cave explorer).

Also, when you're up against 7 Highwaymen (i go Real-Time mode only), you want to start taking them down as fast as possible because at first you have 7 enemies all shooting you. Being extra tough on Psycho really helps in those cases, but they will kill you if you don't act fast. So i never use the Bruiser trait. Bruiser slows you down. Try it and maybe you do fine in PvE with Bruiser, but for me, i want to go fast fast fast man. Get in, do the work, get out, move to next. Fast fast fast.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:13:07 pm by Henry »

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 03:57:24 pm »
there are no tresure hunter or medic builds..

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 04:32:26 pm »
there are no tresure hunter or medic builds..
This

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »
I use a melee dodger to hunt lockers. As soon as you move NPCs wont be able to hit you. Play in real time, move in a random direction as soon as you spawn so NPCs don't target you and rush the footlocker.
You need s10 p1 e10 c1 i5 a10 l3
jinxed and heavy handed
Tag melee, fa and lockpick
take enough dodger perks to reach 140 armor class with combat armor and tanky perks, or even medic if you can.
You can go to footlocker hunting completely bluesuit, no drugs, no armor, no weapon.
If someone spawns on you just run away, it should do it.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 04:41:04 pm »
I use a melee dodger to hunt lockers. As soon as you move NPCs wont be able to hit you. Play in real time, move in a random direction as soon as you spawn so NPCs don't target you and rush the footlocker.
You need s10 p1 e10 c1 i5 a10 l3
jinxed and heavy handed
Tag melee, fa and lockpick
take enough dodger perks to reach 140 armor class with combat armor and tanky perks, or even medic if you can.
You can go to footlocker hunting completely bluesuit, no drugs, no armor, no weapon.
If someone spawns on you just run away, it should do it.

I just use a sneaker...

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 02:12:42 pm »
Good solution too.

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 03:32:48 am »
Could've been Stonewall, could've been Man of Steel, could've been an Action Boy... Sorry, but there's really no breathing room for builds in this game. It sucks, but it's true.