March 28, 2024, 06:47:57 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Need build advice  (Read 4017 times)

Zormad

• View Profile
Need build advice
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:48:02 pm »
Hello!

I might be too old in fonline years to post a topic like this but before I spend milions on implants I'd like to get some opinions.

I wanna make a character that would benefit most from all the implants available so I figured it would be a tank.

here's the build at level 40 with all implants installed: http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=12695

my main questions are:

- is the PER/LCK/STR balance okay or should It be changed? I'm guessing few extra hit points from STR won't help as much as more sight or luck. would it be a good idea to go max perception at the cost of luck or the other way around?

- are stonewall and man of steel perks worth taking? should I skip one or both and take BRoF/some other perk?

- how exactly do I install endurance implant? I need to reduce endurance with radiation right?

What do you think?

Johnny

• View Profile
Re: Need build advice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:29:13 pm »
Hey,
Your build is very good so far the special is good for tank you could trade a point of luck for perception but it is as you want.

Taking stonewall and mos is a good anti Ko solution but reduce greatly your damage output and makes you rely on ap weapons but can work. Without brof for a full tank and 1 intell i suggest you skip energy weapon tagging you wont be using gatling very much without brof and its damage potential isnt that great the Xl perform better.

you could tag outdorsman to raise it to 130 at start with books or tag doctor. If youre afraid of leveling you can keep this setup but gatling without brof is hard to use.

The build itself is good but low damage output, I fear you'll get bored of it quickly.
For endurance implant go to the glow until youre endurance drops below 10 and install implant. Work for perception too.

hope that help.

zinthos

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:42:02 pm »
its very good, but i would go for 9 pe(+implant, -1 LK) because with beer and psycho you will have 7 pe so better range with bozar and rocket launcher. but maybe even 6 pe is enough for max range with those, ill need to test. you can also consider to replace man of steel with brof, but it isnt neccessary. but actually its still good this way too...

for endurance implant, you must get at least 60 or 70 percent of radiation to decrease special stats. then you can install it, and cure yourself at doctor.

e:sorry didnt see post above
you can use gatling but pancor and bozar is preferred, maybe you can tag first aid instead. but if you use this as main character and keep lvling, it will be finished around lvl 120 so still good.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:45:49 pm by zinthos »

eight8

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 02:28:31 pm »
make crit tanker with 313hp all implants 20crit chance 10luck. will dominate any :DD

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »
Thanks for your replies,

yeah, -1 LCK and +1PER seems like a good idea.

I considered getting BRoF but I'll probably stick to defensive perks. with -AP pancor or xl7 I'll get to shoot 2 bursts anyway so I guess brof wouldn't change much.
bozar burst costs 6AP though... hard choice

I prefer tagging energy weapons even though I'll probably very rarely use it since the skill is capped at 300% whereas FA, DOC or outdoors is easier to maximize even without a tag. I'll probably give this guy a power servos treatment.

eight8, something like this? http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=12703

I ended up with 321hp and 25% crit chance, looks like I took a different lvl3 perk than you had in mind, quick recovery?

nevermind skill points, I just used smallguns because its easier to get perks this way.

who would win a 1v1 fight? assuming both have top tier gear, drugs etc.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 01:30:20 pm »
Your full tank mos stonewall is for sniper rushing, so you have a good chance to avoid ko and rush a sniper and win, however with 5ap per burst the pancor will not do enough damage and i fear he will outstim you or run away.
For town control its probably a good choice. But low damage output its just a big tank.

A crit tanker is another story with 4ap burst you can triple burst using jet with a reasonable crit chance and will almost always win against a full tank, at identical skill ( considering pancor requires any skill at all), your crit chances will make a huge difference.
However you have 50% chance on average of being koed by a sniper.

To guide you furthermore id say a crit tanker beat a tank, beat a sniper unless he rolls a ko, can fight a burster.
A burster is an anti tank build in two hexes you can take down a full tank. Weakness is low ko resistance .
A sniper is an anti sniper / burster / no stonewall tank.

The more friendly build you can go with considering the current state of pvp is stonewall tank with brof, its a popular build and doesnt require any difficulties to play, you are resistant avoid KD, have 50% less chance to be Ko and with brof you have good damage output.
Crit tanker and burster are harder to play considering the profusion of snipers and bonehead isnt enough to protect you.

After you can mix those builds but youll need to sacrifice crit chance/ special points .

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:31:46 pm »
Thanks for your replies,

yeah, -1 LCK and +1PER seems like a good idea.

I considered getting BRoF but I'll probably stick to defensive perks. with -AP pancor or xl7 I'll get to shoot 2 bursts anyway so I guess brof wouldn't change much.
bozar burst costs 6AP though... hard choice

I prefer tagging energy weapons even though I'll probably very rarely use it since the skill is capped at 300% whereas FA, DOC or outdoors is easier to maximize even without a tag. I'll probably give this guy a power servos treatment.

eight8, something like this? http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=12703

I ended up with 321hp and 25% crit chance, looks like I took a different lvl3 perk than you had in mind, quick recovery?

nevermind skill points, I just used smallguns because its easier to get perks this way.

who would win a 1v1 fight? assuming both have top tier gear, drugs etc.

Yes that is perfect crit tank build. I only took a quick glance but that may be my exact build right there(except drop better crits to get toughness, better crits is just for ko) and it does very well against everything except ko/cripple from snipers and if there are a bunch of rockets with kd. The crits make bozar bursts super good with this build. Lots of times in tc I get bunches of amazing crits and wipe out 3-4 people really fast. And its awesome for pancor in reno and 1hex crits too.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:34:33 pm by Beer »

Zormad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:56 pm »

better crits is just for ko

are you sure about that? the description says it increases damage

anyway thanks again for all your advice. I'll probably make the tank build I linked in first post -1 LCK +1PER and maybe take BRoF instead of MoS like Lou suggested

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 05:54:37 pm »
Better criticals increase by 20 your crit power roll. You will have a much better chance to score a x2 damage KD instead of x1,5 damage without effects when you critically hit. Also taking better criticals will allow you to single shot nicely, I use it alot when making rape trains or window shooting. Better criticals or toughness/other tanky perk, your choice, both can help at the right moment.