April 19, 2024, 12:44:52 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How to Lure more people - Facebook Twitter changes.  (Read 4001 times)

Roman121

• View Profile
How to Lure more people - Facebook Twitter changes.
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »
I would suggest to find more people who can take care of the facebook and twitter sites.

The game has big potential but if someone check facebook/twitter site and see old forgotten posts its seems a little discourage.

I understand that administration can have no time to do such a things thats why i want to suggest to pick some people to take care of that sites, post new information and make events video etc.

It will lure much more people here to play :)

Charlie

• TS3 Public Server Admin
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Lure more people - Facebook Twitter changes.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »
I don't really think it would make much of a difference. At least not a noticeable difference.

Roman121

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 01:55:08 pm »
in my opinion if potential player would see that facebook/twitter is "living" they would say and think the same about game and try it.

in fact i always check those sites before trying a new game.
i am not a facebook/twitter guy but this sites tell me a lot about a community of the game and what is most important if this game is dead or not.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:57:56 pm by Roman121 »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:25:10 pm »
lol we've got facebook and twitter sites for Reloaded? So hip. Session won't be ready for a few more months (maybe) but I really don't think any of the team members have time to maintain a social media website... Maybe ask Kilgore if you could host the official ones? It is an interesting idea, but we would require a good Facebooker or Twit lol...

zinthos

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »
yeah i like this idea.
keeping FB page alive could increase attention to the game a lot. you can pay money to get advertised or maybe ask popular gaming pages to share your site and make more people notice this game.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:00 pm »
Doubt it would work. Maybe if wipe is everything it is said to be but otherwise people will start playing and then quit because 99% of people would be shit casuals that can't play a game that doesn't have a massive tutorial. Then before they quit they will make 100 shitposts on forum about how much they hate the game. This game doesn't have a wide appeal but the ones it does appeal to are pretty devoted.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 11:32:31 pm »
Have faith, new build is impressive.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:00 pm »
Doubt it would work. Maybe if wipe is everything it is said to be but otherwise people will start playing and then quit because 99% of people would be shit casuals that can't play a game that doesn't have a massive tutorial. Then before they quit they will make 100 shitposts on forum about how much they hate the game. This game doesn't have a wide appeal but the ones it does appeal to are pretty devoted.

I have to agree with beer, it may work for some ppl, but most players may think this is a fallout 3 wow like MMO or something like that, not an old school action RPG based on the fact that there are no rules in the wasteland. It's hard to explain why vets love this game, we are few, we are proud and we are all different. But it's easy to see why new players don't like it and quit. Let's say that 5% (kinda optimistic) of the ppl who check such website try and stay on the game, it would require a lot to make a difference. It could not be worth it, a lot of work for almost no reward.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 01:13:45 pm »
It would work, but let's wait with that until wipe, when certain solutions for new players are introduced.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 02:06:24 pm »
in my opinion if potential player would see that facebook/twitter is "living" they would say and think the same about game and try it.

in fact i always check those sites before trying a new game.
i am not a facebook/twitter guy but this sites tell me a lot about a community of the game and what is most important if this game is dead or not.

Population growth is not linear. It is more exponential, so it's more complicated and thus more difficult to predict. It starts slow and stays slow for a long time. If it grows at all, its always slower then we'd all expect. Then at some point, if it does actually grow, it feels like sudden change.

So here comes season 2 (soon whenever some day) with some new-player features that will surely help a lot. Combined with good ideas like the topic of this thread, will only help even more. So good idea, i say. Advertise. Tell your friends. Facebook it, Tweat it, Woof it, whatever you can do, but ultimately this population will only grow slowly according to the typical exponential rules of any other population growth (and in this case suppressed by those debatable factors that lead to a Point of Inflection).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:32:34 pm by Henry »

DesertHero

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »
Hello,

yeah there needs more things to be done especially for new players. At the beginning when I tried out the game, just a few weeks ago I thought it's very hard.

- Didn't talk to the first NPC because he was not right were I spawned.  The game should start with him next to you automatically speaking to him to get some basic stuff.
- Lost all my stuff in the arena because of a bug that never got changed as it seems
- Hit a Brahmin in the Hub and got killed, thought I could do this because another player did it but he was just "pushing" it.
- Than I tried some quests to get some exp
- Died often randomly in fights
- Got pvped as a bluesuit while trying to get fibers

Than I read more about guarded towns, crafting and stuff. And almost all the things felt so hard and seemed so clear and easy.

- Leveling was fast and almost safe.
- Quest seemed useless
- PvP seemed the only thing to do if you want good stuff
- But it's very unattractive the same way cos you lose all your stuff while learning. So you need many sets of armors and try out many things. Than I lost the interest even thou I had some stuff but missed the goal of going on.
- Heard about that you can buy implants now and at the moment I have a new goal again.

Matter Fact. The game has no goals which keep me entertained enough. I'm not a pure pvper nor pure miner or crafter. I want to do more things which can give me good stuff or something more addictive.

- "Small" Level Cap 24 Limits the fun of leveling. Since than no HP, No Perks, Only Skill %
- Unique Stuff mostly in TC or New Reno, Warehouse (go PvP or die, "litterly")

So what to do. Cave running. Basically rush in and try to find stuff. Next.
I know it's not easy to create big quests. And I don't have so many ideas but here is a small one I would find cool:

- Spawn a cool Enemy like Frank Horrigan in an "non-Pvp and non-steal zone" so players need to play together and kill this imba creature with 50000 hp or so. If he dies he drops some nice stuff but not just where he stands more spreaded around the area so everyone can catch something. Some unique gatlings and other cool stuff.
The aggro of him should be controlled a bit but I think you can balance it. About his weapon I don't know yet. Needs testing. Maybe strong HtH with K.O or Rocket launcher. Maybe have different builds.

I would like such feature. If he spawns there could be a server message that he is there and player should kill it.  :)

MY 2 Cents. Otherwise it's not only about luring them it's about keeping them playing. If Kilgore has some statistics he will see that many people who register stop very soon I guess. That's a real problem. I know many games will have such a problem but this one is very unfriendly for new users. Of course, it's a wasteland but it could be friendlier to new gamers.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 06:30:12 pm »
You mean champion spawns from Ultima Online? I helped make one of those popular UO servers the way it is today, so I'm actually pretty interested in bringing some UO features to Fonline :)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »
Making it easyer for noobs ok, but be carefull not to cross the edges. Remember that core players like it hard, and they don't want the game overcrouwded with complaining players, neither the forum. I see it coming: remove hexing, remove pvp there and there, remove stealing, remove PKing, remove KOs, put a counter that indicates how many players of the faction are acually in TC, that kind of bullshit stuff.
DesertHero discovered a part of the game, but what keep us in isn't farming or quests, it's the thrill of PVP. The is no greater goal here than shooting the others for fun in an epic battle for lulz and glory!
Your next step Hero, is to find your place in a faction, maybe Poor Mongols who knows (tip: not Ultra Violence) or create your own if you have buddies online.

DesertHero

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:58:47 pm »
Err did I say anything from removing pvp ? I said for that area no-pvp and no-steal . Just for the "Champions-Area" Otherwise only factions could kill those monster and not all players could participate (They would basically just kill each other). So we have the same old thing as we have it in town control. Which is not for everyone. Basically this shows the problem of the game. There are not enough player or factions. Just about 3 that do this kind of things.

So this is an additional feature. I suggested to improve the team-play not only based on factions. More on creating a party, which is a common thing in every mmorpg but basically doesn't happen here often. Leveling together against monsters or hard enemies. It's only faction based, and than basically pvp and not pve.

So I would like to see more flexible parties who fight harder mobs friendly together. Or at least get a better chance to do so.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:28 pm »
So I would like to see more flexible parties who fight harder mobs friendly together. Or at least get a better chance to do so.

Hard to implement. Not because of programming but because this game isn't a comon MMO. Here you can just kill your party members at the end if you don't want to share the loot, like thugs after a heist. There are no anti friendly fire features, because it's part of the game. If you suck as a  burster, you may cut a bro in half.
It may be fun, but it'll still be done by small factions (like few casuals that know each other) instead of random party. For many players, trust isn't worth HPA or bozars.