May 01, 2024, 11:47:39 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tips for new players?  (Read 7887 times)

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for new players?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 12:25:51 pm »
Yeah clickers for crafting are allowed. There's even a old thread somewhere here on the forum debating which one is best.

As for botting in mines I'm not sure. But I know seki has admitted to doing it here on the forum and was never banned or reprimanded.

Botting in what way ? It gives any advantage ? Since 2 slaves mine same amount like 4 slaves, there is no point to "bot" anything. Anyone who has caps, can bought a mine, gather resources and do with them anything.

Public mine bots are not allowed - I believe, not 100% sure. Private mines are fine though.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 08:07:17 pm »
Botting just makes me sad. It means the game isn't fun enough to do manually :(

New Session should fix this I hope.

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 08:51:05 am »
No, it means the mining process is slow and you need too much resources for your playstyle. I was mining manualy very often in public mine, because it wasnt too time consuming. Now I bought mines only to level up and leave some of the resources to craft limited things.

You cant fix boting in any session. It is not possible. Or maybe possible with anti camp system, which prevents you from standing in the same hex for like 4 minutes because of the auto suicide which would be ridicoulous.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 07:31:39 pm »
No, it means the mining process is slow and you need too much resources for your playstyle. I was mining manualy very often in public mine, because it wasnt too time consuming. Now I bought mines only to level up and leave some of the resources to craft limited things.

You cant fix boting in any session. It is not possible. Or maybe possible with anti camp system, which prevents you from standing in the same hex for like 4 minutes because of the auto suicide which would be ridicoulous.

I'll just make it so that botting = a loss of a random perk! MuhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahH!

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »

I'll just make it so that botting = a loss of a random perk! MuhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahH!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 08:21:59 pm »
Oh and to be on topic, heres the free tip for new players who ants cash -which is available in tons in ncr, boneyard, junktown and sf:

Mine iron ore, craft spiked knucklez. They go like 10 knucklez for 2-3k depending on your barter skill.

Vault_Smeller

• An olfactory explorer of underground bunkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 09:29:59 am »
Been mucking my way through this game for about a month now, and I'm still learning new stuff every day (I should probably spend more time on the wiki!). There's nothing I can really think to add except don't trifle with joining NPC factions, because you will get your ass kicked by enemy faction patrols for a while afterwards if your OD isn't high enough to avoid such encounters and/or you don't know where they are on the map.
Characters: Vault Smeller (crafting/exploring/hijinks), Walt Smeller (pve/more hijinks)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 03:06:17 pm »
You can always use "reset" reputation in cathedral  ;)
GUN FOR HIRE

Vault_Smeller

• An olfactory explorer of underground bunkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »
Oh! I even talked to the person who does that when I was there and completely forgot about it. Thanks!
Characters: Vault Smeller (crafting/exploring/hijinks), Walt Smeller (pve/more hijinks)

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »
5k caps needed for that.

Sentral

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 01:44:07 am »
Im new and I just need some basic tips
Don't be this guy, whatever you do. DO NOT be this guy.

You're welcome