April 29, 2024, 04:16:45 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Crit Build Help?  (Read 11837 times)

Reaven1911

• View Profile
Crit Build Help?
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:33:12 pm »
S 4
P 7
E 4
C 1
I 5
A 10
L 10

Small Frame
________

I'm not sure how good of a crit/sniper build this is, I'm fine with using drugs but I don't want to be too reliable on them, I don't know how much STR/Int/END I should get.

Perks are default, max out AP and Crit, Sharpshooter, Between the eyes ect.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:11:43 pm by Reaven1911 »

Petrolz

• View Profile
Re: Crit Build Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:14:07 pm »
S 1
P 10
E 7
C 1
I 2
A 10
L 10
Smth like this(based on some opinions i saw on forum)
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 08:15:13 pm »
And yeah , small frame is a must and finesse(for cripler) and something else if u want to shoot eyes(loner for example)
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 01:45:54 am »
Level 70 Small Guns Sniper

S 1
P 9
E 10
C 1
I 2
A 9
L 9

Tag: Small Guns 282, Energy Weapons 38, Outdoorsman 150
Plus: FA 100, Doc 100
Traits: Small Frame + Loner

Preferred Weapon: Sniper Rifle, p90, XL70
Drugs: Buffout, Nuka cola, cigs
Implants: can use ST, PE, IN, AG. Hope for LK implant for sure!
Nemeans, Phoenix, Dermals: yes of course, everyone can use these.

241hp, AP10, Sight 56, CW 73, DR10, DT3, BCC 24

Perks: More Crit, Even More Crit, Even Tougher, Sharpshooter, Better Crits, BRoF, Lifegiver, LG+

By level 70, hits eyes (sniper rifle) with 95% hit chance (on drugs) at max range 50 hexes.

Can use Pysho for big boost to DR and maintain Sight 50, which is max range for sniper rifle. Energy snipers are a lot of fun so tag EW to later skill that up and try the Turbo Plasma Rifle (less range but more damage). This makes you more versatile with both gun skills. Level 70 may seem high to a new guy, but it is totally achievable with more hunting and crafting.

Support Perks
Boneyard Guard at level 1 (step 1 before you spend any skill points!)
Awareness at level 1
(Read 10 Scouting books)
Cautious Nature at level 1
Snakeater, available at level 1
Ranger @1
Gecko Skinning @1
Pack Rat/Strong Back @6
Pathfinder by level 21
Explorer @21
Scout @21 if you want it

Leveling: this is a race to get your SG skill to 180 before you boost any other skill, and the race begins with the Boneyard Guard perk. After you get SG 180, finish OD at 150 and do the rest. If you spend pre-level 18 skill points on skills other than SG, you might not get these results.

Tip 1: Every character you ever get should get Outdoorsman 150 or higher. That way you get the fast-travel perks and you get back to the fights faster with less forced encounter interruptions.

Tip 2: First Aid goes to 200 so don't stop at 100. Keep leveling for more.

Use the planner and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:02:49 am by Henry »

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 03:33:41 am »
Why tag EW over FA/Doc/Lockpick?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 04:11:01 am »
Why tag EW over FA/Doc/Lockpick?
There are many reasons.
1. The gun skills max at 300 and fa doc and lockpick dont so its easier to level them without tags.
2. If an enemy is wearing a combat helmet a sniper rifle will do shit damage but you can counter that by having a laser rifle and vice versa if they have Tesla
3.lockpick and fa and doc are all easily replaced or just flatout unneeded. Fa can be replaced by superstims. Doc can be replaced by doctor bags. Lockpick.... Well lockpick isn't really useful at all because there are very few situations its needed in. Crit snipers are for crit sniping not picking locks.
All the best combat characters have at least 2 gun skills tagged if not all 3

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 06:07:40 am »
Ah so there is no way to make a SG pure build work even with all the perks? Also which Energy Weapons rifle would be the most sniper like so I can still shoot people from a distance?

Also, how are people getting to level 26 within an hour, and level 99 within a couple days according to the forums?

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 10:03:53 am »
By my opinion easiest way to lvl is by either farming centaurs , floaters , aliens. Or farming mats(mining) like mad and crafting( fastests).

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:21 am »
Whats the best thing to craft for easy exp?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 01:45:14 pm »
Whats the best thing to craft for easy exp?
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=5538.msg40810#msg40810
Learn to use search before asking same questions asked 56357366 times before

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »
Nobody is leveling to 99 in only a few days. Not really, if you count the time it took to get all those materials so they can craft. Last time i was fast-leveling a fighter, i was telling some guys on the radio each time. I would say "Hey just made level 45" and then, "level 46 hurray!" etc. It was going so fast, they were like "How the heck are you doing that so fast?!" I was crafting. What they did not realize is all the time it took me to gather those materials in advance. Count that time for a reality check.

But...get some private mines going...and then you cut down your time a lot because the slaves do the work all week. Then you just get their materials piled up at a workbench and BAM - some fast levels. This is why good metal parts are in such abundance - because private mines yield tons of those, and then guys take those to an advanced workbench and make simple things like power servos. They use an auto-clicker to craft the same thing over and over. Boring except they are on YouTube while their clicker does the work.

And some guys use a cheat that can get you banned, whereby its easier and faster to reach an advanced workbench. Then they brag how fast they leveled. Imo that should not count since its cheating. DO NOT USE ANY CHEATS even if someone tells you what it is. And if you know it, don't give out the details. It's a serious, bad thing. In fact, if you're hanging out in Hub for example, and someone is talking about a cheat, do not even engage in that conversation. Having certain info can be tempting, and you're taking a risk getting banned. Don't ask about them either. Be satisfied that they exist, that you were informed, and that the devs fix the cheats. Using any cheats can be detected by admins and get you into big trouble.

So yes, you can level faster in some ways but guys are not totally accurate (or altogether honest) about the time it takes. Hunting desert critters (floater, centaurs) is also a popular favorite - you get kills that way - funner.

Oh yes, crafting drugs feels fast too, but it takes more prep-time. Save all of the regular stimpaks you ever find. Pile them up in your tent that's near a medical terminal in some town. Get some other stuff like chemical components and bio med gel. Then you can upgrade your stims to super stims and quickly make batches of 5 for 1000 xp over and over. When you're doing that, sure leveling goes fast! (Just make sure you count the time it took to prepare those mats.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:59:40 pm by Henry »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »
S 4
P 7
E 4
C 1
I 5
A 10
L 10

Small Frame
________

I'm not sure how good of a crit/sniper build this is, I'm fine with using drugs but I don't want to be too reliable on them, I don't know how much STR/Int/END I should get.

Perks are default, max out AP and Crit, Sharpshooter, Between the eyes ect.
You'll have to sacrifice HP or something for max action points ( assuming you want 2x action boy, if not then 12 is possible)

I suggest using this build

Traits : Smallframe and chem reliant
Drugs : Buffout, Nuka, Cigs (Jet optional but you have to invest up to higher level for more SG/BG Skill)

perks in order - more criticals, even more criticals, @lvl 10 sharpshooter, lifegiver, lifegiver, better criticals, brof, last perk can either be 3rd lifegiver, RBTE, weapon handling or whatever :P

Assuming you want to be a PvP sniper, by lvl 24, you'll have 205 gun skill (for smallguns). This is my bozar sniper build, no implants, no power leveling to lvl 999+, mine is lvl 27 I think and I wrek with it in PvP

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 05:06:05 am »
Tags: SG, EW, OD

Small frame and chem reliant, Use buffout/nuka/cigs

What would be the optimal amount to get SG and EW too to be able to use Lazer Rifle/Sniper Rifle? around 200 each, which i'm not sure would be possible with 2 int.

Perks would be similar to what Stalker mentioned.

Anything I'm missing with this build? I'm fine with losing some HP for max AP/Damage output.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:51 am »
Tags: SG, EW, OD

Small frame and chem reliant, Use buffout/nuka/cigs

What would be the optimal amount to get SG and EW too to be able to use Lazer Rifle/Sniper Rifle? around 200 each, which i'm not sure would be possible with 2 int.

Perks would be similar to what Stalker mentioned.

Anything I'm missing with this build? I'm fine with losing some HP for max AP/Damage output.
It is easily possible to get rank 200 in SG and ew if you read the thread about how to level up. You could even do it with 1 int if you aren't lazy except with this build you need more int than 1 to get your perks on time. Except as a sniper you will actually need 300 in both. Those are the 2 most important skills so don't bother leveling anything else before them except to get science to 100. After they are both maxed then you can level up fa and doc and outdoors and shit

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 05:37:07 am »
Around what level would I get to science 100, I would have to balance science with SG to get all my perks getting sg to 100 before level 3 then 125 before 6 ect.