April 29, 2024, 01:37:20 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caps. How to put them in your pocket.  (Read 9766 times)

putins

• View Profile
Caps. How to put them in your pocket.
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:57:18 am »
Whats up everyone. Im going to start out my first guide here explaining how to make some caps in game.

First of all lets cover some basics.

Basics:

0 Skill Methods
Healing Powders:  :o :o  8)   :o ::)
-Go to global map and enter any zone and run around and look for green herbs or orange flowers, stand over them and press CTRL + G to pick them all up. They weigh 0 so you can pick up hundreds. Always pick up flowers and herbs. Once you leave the zone you can jump right back in to a new zone without moving and risking another encounter. Just about ever zone has atleast one patch of herbs, vary rarely do they have 2 patches of herbs.

Don't bother even counting or crafting anything with them until you have 50+ so that you can really take a chunk of caps off a merchant. Craft Healing Powder. To craft quickly press F, find Healing Powder, Click it, Click Fix, Press F Twice and Repeat. (craft as you travel!)  To find a merchant that will buy Healing Powder and other Drugs, check here. http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Merchants , be sure to sort by wether they buy or not. A good place that buys healing powders for a lot is in the Den (DANGEROUS! Go in and out quick, deposit the stacks in a safeplace). 64 Caps each from the south entrance of the Den, first store you can enter. 100 Healing Powder x 64 caps is 6400 caps.

More coming soon.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:03:55 am by putins »

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Caps. How to put them in your pocket.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:46:10 pm »
Did you mention the barter skill to sell?
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:15:50 pm »
Um yeah wow dude...i'm flattered that you like my guide, but i'm still writing it. I was even up late last night re-working the first 2 pages so...yeah I did not consider it ready to be announced just quite yet, which is why i have not yet announced it ;).

But...i guess its announced now! lol so i'll have to work more on it. Know these things:

* It is not done yet!
* Even when i get it done, i'll have to run through it again myself to find more edits to make
* It is not done yet!
* When season 2 begins, it will be instantly as outdated as stone in the iron age
* It is not done yet!

Oddly enough, I have randomly met a few players who used this guide (what there is of it so far). I was shocked they even found it. If you use it, great but just remember it is not done yet and thus is subject to changes along the way.

Did i mention it is not done yet?
Thanks.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »
Junk -> BB's -> Caps

Get a Sledge -> Mine -> Sell raw resources to vendors

Get a Sledge -> Mine -> Make GPowder + metal parts -> sell to vendors

Get a Knife -> Get Fibers -> Make Rope -> Sell Rope

Kill Brahmin -> Sell Hides

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:46:41 pm by Corosive »

putins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:42:36 pm »
Um yeah wow dude...i'm flattered that you like my guide, but i'm still writing it. I was even up late last night re-working the first 2 pages so...yeah I did not consider it ready to be announced just quite yet, which is why i have not yet announced it ;).

But...i guess its announced now! lol so i'll have to work more on it. Know these things:

* It is not done yet!
* Even when i get it done, i'll have to run through it again myself to find more edits to make
* It is not done yet!
* When season 2 begins, it will be instantly as outdated as stone in the iron age
* It is not done yet!

Oddly enough, I have randomly met a few players who used this guide (what there is of it so far). I was shocked they even found it. If you use it, great but just remember it is not done yet and thus is subject to changes along the way.

Did i mention it is not done yet?
Thanks.

It may not be done yet but for whats there its quite good for starters :)
Junk -> BB's -> Caps

Get a Sledge -> Mine -> Sell raw resources to vendors

Get a Sledge -> Mine -> Make GPowder + metal parts -> sell to vendors

Get a Knife -> Get Fibers -> Make Rope -> Sell Rope

Kill Brahmin -> Sell Hides

Thanks, ill be adding things like this as I go along.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »
Become a Slaver -> Enslave some Trappers (baldys with leather armor) -> sell them!

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 11:34:53 am »
I'd rather sell pelts to Mata. MUCH better money.
Sorry, this just isnt worth it......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:42 pm »
Any new ideas? Those noobies sure would appreciate it.

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:11:13 am »
I earned most money and exp by                           
mining => crafting  -weapons => and just checking vendors in hub , junktown and boneyard and selling. Its easy and its fast.
                               -ammo

10mm JHP and AP sold in HUB(gun shop) 1JHP is 4 1AP is 5 caps and Boneyard( 1JHP is 5 and 1AP is 6 ap) , 5mm JHP in Junktown Darkwood 15mmJHP is 4 caps. Thats what i usually sell. That is 3 vendors u can check that are near , and i guess caps spawn every 3 hours or 4 rlt.

Later you buy mine with 100k , make some better weapons , sell some -ap stuff to other players or sell HQ alloy and ore to them or sell them junk. Later go in TC get gear , sell gear.

Make a plan :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:22:12 am by Petrolz »
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »
Go to Hub. Stuff and money are on the street ;)

Melt

• Supporter
  • Capybara Exterminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:13:22 am »
Camp San Francisco with a level 24 triple BRD burster tank with avenger. Make sure to bring a friend in blue suit to loot your helpless victim after guards kill you, you'll be rich in no time  ::)
As a Poor Mongol, he learned to fight.
As a Reilly's Ranger, he feasted on capybara.
As a Black Sun Gangster, he witnessed betrayal.
As a father, he learned time management.

Jake

• Supporter
  • Hello, it's me! Jake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 08:31:44 am »
You can earn money easy if you are a new player since .45 caliber is only 2gunpowder and junk and sells for 300caps /100ammo.

This is good for new players, getting ore and junk is easy and quick if you live near hub or ncr.
My characters in game: Mikoto

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:59 am »
(G)etting ore and junk is easy and quick if you live near hub or ncr.
You don't need to live close to NCR/Hub. My junker lives up near Redding, in an hour I can pull in 100 junk and have it packaged and ready for shipment. It's actually pretty easy, just straddle the mid-way between New Reno and Navarro until you get to Hell, hop on the train to LA, and run from the rougher critters.
But the slaves help...
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 04:31:41 pm »
Hunt enclave patrols, 300 caps each.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 05:10:19 pm »
Crafting iron parts sucks, you need two iron ore and it has still less price than gunpowder for which you get one portion from one mineral. Gun powder is really nice thing to sell in towns, also selling spears from bandits in junktown when you have low Barter skill. Jackets and helmets sell in Adytum. Full bag of caps bro.
GUN FOR HIRE