April 29, 2024, 07:40:15 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Base System  (Read 4491 times)

Napalm

Base System
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:42:34 pm »
It would be interesting if the bases of the factions had the option of each member have a locker. Something with the AOP server logic. There you enter the base and has a private room. I would like all members of my team had more closeness. The old and new members. The base would have a greater significance in this case. They could trade items more often. Could also have principally and bases to support battles in cities with more space to park vehicles.

In the UV base where I add the trust members (the majority), we have lockers for each member and an item in front of it to indicate the charge. But for sure, could be better some system to control access at lockers, or rooms. To avoid problems and u could use your base like a base.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:48:13 pm by Napalm »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Base System
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 01:11:13 am »
+1 The bunker looks like you should be able to be issued a key card to access your own room.

Perhaps a computer will print out a key specific only for one person.

And the room will be assigned by the faction leader. Or the key changed if the Leader needs to.
In Maintenance Mode.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 07:16:55 am »
Ifbots a private room, why isnt it you know, private?
Hear me out; Faction leaders can "use" the door to control which members can open it, like the houses on NCR. (Or maybe by the faction terminal.) Only THOSE members can open THAT door.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:11:20 am »
The terminal could work like that where you need certain clearance to access the door.

But the way things currently work you can only do tiers not individual members.

Though maybe they could work like slave exchange where you can give clearance to a certain name if you're the leader and change if you don't like the person(people)
In Maintenance Mode.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:01 am »
Few years ago, I've made three types of locks for Wasteland 2155 project:

a) a typical lock, when you use it, it locks the container and you can open it with a key,
b) electronic lock with 4-digit code, you lock the container with it, then when you try to open it, a dialogue window appears and you have  to provide the correct code to open it,
c) retinal scanner lock, it remembers the character that used it on the locker and opens it only for him

If I remember correctly option a) was available on 2238 so it should be possible on Reloaded, option c) isn't as much useful because it works only for one character (if someone has many alts then he would need some key keeper alt), option b) should be the most useful then.

Making some big base for large faction with rooms for individual players should be possible, access via code/access cards, maybe possible for leader (only) to change codes or bypass it, but... some nice concept should be made if this is going to be working correctly, so I leave this topic open for discussion.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:03:11 pm by Kilgore »

Napalm

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »
About lockers option b) looks good. About base, would be perfect. Currently part of bases is just a place to accept faction invitation. And of course a place where there is always a climate of mistrust ... etc. Well, you know everything. Thanks.

Johnny

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:28:37 pm »
some nice concept should be made if this is going to be working correctly, so I leave this topic open for discussion.

What do you mean by nice concept ? New faction base map with something like 15/20 or more rooms? If so do you prefer some kind of underground bunker or outside desert style?

i like the overrall idea of digicode for each doors.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:30:39 pm by Johnny »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:56:49 pm »
So uh wouldn't this break the raiding aspect? Why raid a faction if you couldn't access their gear?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 12:35:06 am »
So uh wouldn't this break the raiding aspect? Why raid a faction if you couldn't access their gear?
Who the fuck "raids" people now a days? I mean you can follow noobs to their tents but raiding an entire base? only a dumbass would allow that to happen.

Also for the big faction base, most players like to have their own private base with their own things. One reason why I like reloaded because I'm allowed to have my personal base without sharing anything. I'm not against the idea but I think I'd only see a group of new players or UV using this new base with personal rooms.

b) electronic lock with 4-digit code, you lock the container with it, then when you try to open it, a dialogue window appears and you have  to provide the correct code to open it,
c) retinal scanner lock, it remembers the character that used it on the locker and opens it only for him
I like these 2 the most, especially the one with the 4 digit number. Maybe add the digit option for cars? :D

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 01:51:59 am »
+1. Napalm is hitting the target on this one. I believe this kind of feature would seriously promote member interaction at faction bases because what stifles it now is the constant threat of theft. But if players met at bases more, worked there, collaborated there, i believe this would enhance the playability of this game for more people, the ones that starve solo and prefer more social interaction. As it is now, new players visit at bases like crazy until they realize there is no security, and their stuff is missing. I believe some quit at that moment, or go solo [and are never seen again].

It has been my intention for a long time now to design a level 2 for the bunker base (so the elevator would need to work, maybe with a repair quest) and level 2 would basically be a giant square hallway with rooms on the outside and rooms on the inside of the square. Each member gets an assigned room which has a locked door. The doors open either with an auto-ID function (like Kilgore's retina scan), or with a 4-digit code exactly as Kilgore suggested. The code method, however, requires someone add another GUI to the game, much like the existing elevator GUI.

Then remember all those useless broken computers on the bunker's level 1 over to the left? A quest (science) allows one of them to be made functional again, and that's the computer that allows the base leader to edit the door codes.

So far, i have not seen the bunker base map anywhere. If you know where it is, please tell me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:55:47 am by Henry »

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 02:28:02 am »
Off topic but if we are going to have coded doors, eye scanners or both... Shouldn't we then have electronic lock picks? For them to work effectively, one could need really high science skill, maybe combined with a support perk. Also make them a rare item, with the chance they will get destroyed if you fail. You would need to have the device to option things with electronic locks.

On topic. I agree with having rooms and secure lockers would be good for factions.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:30:37 am by Styles »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 09:50:06 am »
High Lockpick and High Science to hack doors makes sense.

But from a balance POV if you want bases to have any legit use as a base you'll need secure independent rooms.
In Maintenance Mode.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 10:26:45 am »
So far, i have not seen the bunker base map anywhere. If you know where it is, please tell me.

This map? :
https://github.com/rotators/fo2238/blob/master/Server/maps/hq_vault1in.fomap

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 10:45:52 am »
You can make rooms as separeta maps similar those in Ashes of Phoenix. One building and when you click on the door you are teleported to another map, only available for you.

However containers, rooms and cars for 4-digit code lock would be great. So +1 for idea.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 12:25:42 pm »
1+
Merc For Hire, Universal Player