May 01, 2024, 09:36:30 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 16/09/2013  (Read 16493 times)

Raspoutine

• View Profile
Re: Changelog 16/09/2013
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 11:41:48 am »
A small update that I was able to prepare for today.

Changelog 14/09/2013
- Fast TB modification by wladimiiir (increased NPC speed in Turn-Based combat),
- First aid and Doctor now available in Turn-based mode,
- Changed eyeshots/headshots in critical table (slight boost),
- Increased max number of militia from 4 to 6 in each town,
- Decreased AP cost of Sniper Rifle single shot by 1 AP,
- Tobacco Plants now can't be moved,
- Decreased base price of Good Metal Parts.

I hope you like it. As always, post feedback about these changes as I had no time to test them.

Great, thank you.

Tomowolf

• "You rules really begin to annoy me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »
Yes, then what about p90 and what about pancor jackahmmer, and what about that xl is EASIER to craft gun than avenger (comparable guns), while you don't need bp for XL but you need for minigun to obtain bonuses, I sense 2238 old logic.
In game nick : ****.

plenty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 12:56:57 pm »
- Fast TB modification by wladimiiir (increased NPC speed in Turn-Based combat)

BEST modification ever.

I was hoping to hear how it was done, but I see that (at least partially) it IS an animation speed-up. I seams that there is also less time wasting at the end of each turn by NPCs.
So, how was it done? :)

Wellegar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:04 pm »
IT SUX  -1 Ap for sniper rifle! EW snipers are fucked. Why?  Because NOW you need same number of ap in laser rifle and in sniper rifle but sniper rifle got better damage, range and she need 5 strong not 6.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:30:56 pm by Wellegar »

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
40-70 vs 20-40 srsly ?

Wellegar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:55:09 pm »
60 not 70 and look at combat armor resist

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »
H&K P90c, G11/G11E and Pancor Jackhammer need buffs to bring them up to glorious XL70E3 level, where they belong.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 06:20:35 am »
still wating for a nerf with XL70E3  :)
I've decided to not touch XL70E3, it seems fine. Each TC has only few people using it and some people prefer sniper rifles instead. Nothing to nerf there, move along.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 08:41:46 am »
It's one of (or The) best small gun and you don't need a blueprint to make it. What's the point of having AK-112 and FN FAL in the game then?
It should be hard to craft or use some hard to get ammo.     

So what if it's used by (only?!) 20% of TC players? Last time I checked there where other things in this game apart from TC.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 09:02:52 am »
It's one of (or The) best small gun and you don't need a blueprint to make it.
Just like the M-60 for BG.

What's the point of having AK-112 and FN FAL in the game then?
Same shit as with Minigun - to provide NPC characters with a cool looking pea shooter. And yes, FN FAL can be crafted into something moderately useful.

It should be hard to craft or use some hard to get ammo.
No weapon should be hard to craft or use rare ammo aside from dungeon loot. In fact, no weapon is hard to craft at the moment, period.

So what if it's used by (only?!) 20% of TC players?
TC combat is the only real benchmark for the actual combat performance of the available weapons.

Last time I checked there where other things in this game apart from TC.
Last time I checked you didn't need a well-balanced armory to hunt radscorpions, do quests and murder crafters and miners.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 09:57:34 am »
In fact, no weapon is hard to craft at the moment, period.
For me P90 is hard to craft. Haven't seen one BP in shops, haven't found one in lockers, haven't seen any sell offers. If it's not hard to craft it's harder to craft then the XL. Plasma 'nades are hard to craft, not only you need bp for them you need to mine and refine uranium in a PK infested deathtrap.

I still have faith in Killgore (good job!), if that's the final word -so be it. We'll have The One Gun to rule them all, and I'll still be shoting aliens for fun with my laser pistol, nothing changed.
I'd just like know why xl and not fn or ak is the one selected to be blueprintless?
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Nice_Boat

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:17 am »
From what I understand, some blueprints are considerably rarer than they were supposed to be. Yet another reason to postpone all this "balance" talk that has been flooding the forums over the past few days at least for a month or two, especially since dungeons will probably have a significant impact on the overall situation. Besides, it's not like the game has to be 100% consistent, in all honesty it can be extremely imbalanced and still fun to play as long as the economy, TC and group PvE function as intended.
Best Tournament Sneaker as of 10.07.2013

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 11:45:38 am »
I'd just like know why xl and not fn or ak is the one selected to be blueprintless?
It's not that XL70E3 was selected as blueprintless. It's just a side effect of the fact that there was no blueprint for it before and if I remember correctly it wasn't craftable in last 2238 session. I didn't add any blueprints.

Blueprints should be available from traders, if some blueprints are still extremely rare at traders then I'm waiting for a proper suggestion thread, but people prefer making "craftable mines!!!! +1" or "my gun is not powerful enough" threads instead.

Opex

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »
still wating for a nerf with XL70E3  :)
I've decided to not touch XL70E3, it seems fine. Each TC has only few people using it and some people prefer sniper rifles instead. Nothing to nerf there, move along.

So maybe it's time to look in front of non TC players... just make it possible to craft tier 2 items on regular workbench, cause it's a pain to loose all the HQ stuff to XL PK whos camping in the city. I know about gunrunners workbench, but their karma drops too fast right now, so I must spend some time to trade/quest them every day just to craft something.

Nark

• Anti-Russian Wasteland Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »
The only problem with the XL is how it's balanced versus other weapons in its area at the moment (Small Guns). The buff to snipers, the sniper rifle having -1 ap to use now makes it a bit better on that side, but the XL is a better weapon than the Pancor Jackhammer, G11/G11E and P90c at pretty much everything, whereas they should all have their niche.

The XL vs Sniper Rifle balance is a lot better than it was before thanks to the -1 AP use reduction, but the XL vs Pancor/p90 at short range goes in favor of the XL, as well as the XL vs G11/G11E at medium range (XL is downright better than the G11 and G11E because they received no buffs to account for it, and are way rarer/can't be crafted).

The G11E logically should be the best Assault Rifle classed weapon in the game, with the G11 below it, the XL below that (with a blueprint requirement for crafting), the FN Fal below that and the Assault Rifle below that.

The p90c and Pancor Jackhammer, due to their very limited range, need to be much more powerful at short range. The XL outclasses the Pancor Jackhammer and p90c in damage most of the time and especially at one-hex, but it also has a way longer range than both.

I'm fine with Assault Rifles being the versatile middle ground in the Small Guns class (between SMGs and Snipers) but I feel like it's better than both simply because it does both so well. 50 range single shot on XL should be reduced to like 45 or something (or Sniper Rifle/Bozar ranges buffed to 56).

The burst rounds for the p90c and pancor need to be raised to make them way scarier at close range pvp (they currently have less burst rounds than the 15 the XL spits out of its 45 round mag), as well as reducing burst rounds of the XL back down to 12 from 15 (with 36 round mag or something).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:16:40 pm by Nark »
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA
ARWH. Scummers to the end.