April 30, 2024, 05:12:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.  (Read 14423 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Re: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »
Some what off topic but has anyone tried making a FOline game using the Fallout Tactics engine? Internet searched turned up some people trying to make Fallout and Fallout 2 maps using Tactics. But that was years ago.

Seems like combat would be a lot more interesting with being able to prone, crouch, climb ladders, drive vehicles and such.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:04:06 pm by Styles »

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2015, 09:09:48 am »
I would love to see a FOnline game with the tactics engine. I had a lot of fun with the combat of that one.

I'm thinking about making an introduction video for new players. People tend to jump into this and think "It's an MMO! it's gonna be like WoW or Perfect World or whatever! Dying is just going to reduce my item durability!" Then they die and boom. It's all been looted, or lost if they're killed by an NPC.
Personally I love the harsh aspect of the game. Granted, it was annoying when I just started and didn't know anything, and some guy with 300hp one shot kills me just because he can, rather than because I posed a threat (which I didn't) but it just takes time.
New people need to understand you're not going to be some walking exterminatus within minutes. You really have to build up your resources first, and play around with different builds.

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2015, 09:49:53 am »
everyone suffers

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2015, 02:46:41 pm »
I would love to see a FOnline game with the tactics engine. I had a lot of fun with the combat of that one.

I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2015, 06:31:21 pm »
That Tactics one was back in 2012 and is dead. The Youtube Comment says "waiting for Bethesda permission" which you don't need since it's a mod.

It also doesn't look like they used the Tactics engine. Just put Tactics stuff in the Fallout, Fallout 2 engine.

Would be great for someone from scratch make remake FOline using the Tactics engine. One can dream right.

If those guys did do that then I wish they didn't stop.

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2015, 06:51:03 pm »
Also if that was still going, the whole "pick a side" thing is an instant turn off.
I hate binary factions. It's why I don't like WoW that much. I prefer to do my own thing and pick a side I feel like I should support, instead of the game just being all "You clicked red instead of blue YOU HATE BLUE NOW".

That's why I don't take part in PVP on here and just watch all the butthurt and rage.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2015, 08:22:05 pm »
I'm aware there is no current in-game tutorial, I was only under the impression that it has been/is being/will be developed for next session. I was only trying to be a smart ass without sounding so much like one.

My bad.

:)

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2015, 09:27:12 pm »
I have only shown you that somebody was developing the server. Yes it was on fonline engine with tactics critters which are supported by engine. Btw the server was quite good unless you donnot get bored after few days. Only pvp is boring for long term gameplay.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 08:27:12 am »
I considered the tent mission what is the tutorial in this game.
All the basic resources gained from the mission is basically what you need to get started.
In Maintenance Mode.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2015, 10:16:17 am »
It's far from enough.