April 30, 2024, 06:38:23 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.  (Read 14424 times)

Cobra

• View Profile
Re: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 05:33:36 am »
I think a better idea if anything was made for to care for a bit would maybe a 48hour safe zone for people to live from time account was made. no need to take a portion of the map and make it safe forever.

This could be abused for locker hunting. Get crafting mats + Tag Traps + Lockpicks. Now you have 48 hours to get all the lockers you want no risk of death. A small area of protection and in that area has poor resources makes more sense. No room for abuse.

Carebears did this to themselves - begging and pleading for a safe HUB. Now every player in the games comes to hub to hang out, trade, chat and idle, and now you blame the PVPERS for the newbs getting PKED outside the Hub.

Hub is the where the majority of the games population is concentrated, and as a PVPER I go to where the people are to kill.

You can cry about but the TC go do the TC, but unfortunately you can't start a TC timer with one person. So my only other choice would be to sit and wait in a town for someone to stroll in, or I could easily patrol around hub and find some one to shoot, I don't give a shit if they are new or old. People are around the hub and that is where they will find my bullets.

Sounds like my idea is more IMPT because of this mentality. If there's no PVP around HUB problem solved. There was always killing near the HUB that never changed. Just now the HUB itself is safe. Lets make it safer so PK'ing gets shifted to say NCR where newbies won't get hit in the Crossfire.

The only thing this creates is a terrible mentality for new players... "If I stay within 10 hexes of hub, I can be safe forever!"
A new level of shit-poasting.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »
I think a better idea if anything was made for to care for a bit would maybe a 48hour safe zone for people to live from time account was made. no need to take a portion of the map and make it safe forever.

Anyone whose kept up on wipe gossip has probably heard that there is some sort of similar feature planned, I don't know for sure, I'm not a Reloaded code monkey. We'll have to wait for changelog to see.

It's a fairly simple thought process though - If you keep dying in one particular spot, maybe you should go elsewhere. It isn't rocket surgery... or shouldn't be.

If you get PK'd by a tank in HPA and a Bozar in boneyard, that player was probably on their way to Warehouse. Simply moving warehouse would have been a better idea, as it draws high level players to noob areas, but that wasn't the issue.

Piotreq

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:54 pm »
Ow, lets do like TLA devs did. Just do something like slave camp, and dont let noobs spread in world. If someone will be clever, he will leave. If someone will be retard. He simply wont leave.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 02:11:42 am »
I suggest to remove all weapons, even the unarmed attacks, and add new feature; hugs and kisses, and maybe ponies, so we will receive noobs how they deserve, with love.

I miss the 2238 old times, where u could get killed anywhere (VC,NCR,Hub,mariposa, random encounters...). No private mines, so u had to go mining with a hammer and a smg in the 2nd hand. There werent infinite amount of resources, so items were valuable. NCP traders were useless, there was only trading between players, noobs selling crafting mats to mid-level player, etc.. Players were scattered all over the map (I used to "live" in gecko, it was safer than VC), there werent workbenchs at tents, so u had to visit cities.   In VC u could get killed while crafting and guards would not kill ur attackers, ncr were full of thieves trying to steal from you while crafting. It was CHALLENGING and EXCITING. Its sad all that died. Reloaded is just too easy. It takes 6 hours to get lvl 24 character, starting from nothing; getting weapons and armors is so easy they have lost their value. The only challenge in reloaded is to grind enough to get some "advanced" guns (stupid feature). There is no "casual" pvp, its imposible to find unexpected enemies. You are grinding, or you are looking for PvP, thats all. So reloaded has became some kind of Call of Duty with bad graphics. Every changelog dissapoint me (things like barterground or the hub, where u cant attack or steal from no one... They just destroy the falloutish atmosphere and make this game less unique)

I remember someone once said in 2238 something like "Do you want noobs to learn? Shoot them in the head, thats how they learn" I totally agree; hub just wont let them grow as players, they addapt to that safe enviroment and they never learn how to survive, how to avoid pvp, how to notice things in maps like openned doors and etc, they just stay noobs forever.

Also there are players who are addicted to tents/bases. When I used to play, there were around 100 people logged; I was lucky if I could find 10 different players around the map. I would just add a 5 min timer, if u stay longer in ur base/tent, deathclaws spawn and kill you.

I really hope some gameplaying changes come with the wipe.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:13:40 am by Furior »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:45 am »
I suggest adding an optional tutorial when a new character is created for newbies.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 12:37:49 pm »
This entire post makes me sick. Like people have said so many times before, if you want an easy game then go somewhere else. This game is made for the people that stay on it, and the people that stay on it are the ones that love it like it is, and stick with the conditions and adapt to the conditions. This is OBVIOUSLY not the game for the likes of you people.

We'd be a lot better off without you role playing idiots. Bugger off.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »
I suggest to remove all weapons, even the unarmed attacks, and add new feature; hugs and kisses, and maybe ponies, so we will receive noobs how they deserve, with love.

I miss the 2238 old times, where u could get killed anywhere (VC,NCR,Hub,mariposa, random encounters...). No private mines, so u had to go mining with a hammer and a smg in the 2nd hand. There werent infinite amount of resources, so items were valuable. NCP traders were useless, there was only trading between players, noobs selling crafting mats to mid-level player, etc.. Players were scattered all over the map (I used to "live" in gecko, it was safer than VC), there werent workbenchs at tents, so u had to visit cities.   In VC u could get killed while crafting and guards would not kill ur attackers, ncr were full of thieves trying to steal from you while crafting. It was CHALLENGING and EXCITING. Its sad all that died. Reloaded is just too easy. It takes 6 hours to get lvl 24 character, starting from nothing; getting weapons and armors is so easy they have lost their value. The only challenge in reloaded is to grind enough to get some "advanced" guns (stupid feature). There is no "casual" pvp, its imposible to find unexpected enemies. You are grinding, or you are looking for PvP, thats all. So reloaded has became some kind of Call of Duty with bad graphics. Every changelog dissapoint me (things like barterground or the hub, where u cant attack or steal from no one... They just destroy the falloutish atmosphere and make this game less unique)

I remember someone once said in 2238 something like "Do you want noobs to learn? Shoot them in the head, thats how they learn" I totally agree; hub just wont let them grow as players, they addapt to that safe enviroment and they never learn how to survive, how to avoid pvp, how to notice things in maps like openned doors and etc, they just stay noobs forever.

Also there are players who are addicted to tents/bases. When I used to play, there were around 100 people logged; I was lucky if I could find 10 different players around the map. I would just add a 5 min timer, if u stay longer in ur base/tent, deathclaws spawn and kill you.

This.

A thousand times, this.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 07:02:07 pm »

These are the words in my brain that I've been too lazy to type. I think only the 2238 veterans can truly appreciate the value of your words. Amen.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
If you want to play 2238 then go play Fonline 2

It was clear from the get go that Reloaded is more PVE friendly. And if you hate newbie protection then leave. Reloaded is the one place that emphasized protection. There is no alternative for such easy PVE that I've heard of. I'd gladly leave if there was an Fonline Reloaded that was PVE only. But there isn't so I'm here.

The 10 zones of freedom for newbies is better than a safe ENTIRE MAP. Like it practically is now. Because of HUB camping. Leave the HUB and be safe stay and get vaporized. If the HUB is actually safe than the Wasteland will actually get tougher as all you PK'ers move on out to get your PVP on.

Newbies won't stay in the HUB forever, they'll want better gear. Shooting a Newbie at the HUB doesn't teach them how to avoid PVP. Especially now that a PK'er can walk into any newbie in an Encounter.

I think the protection zone will bring back challenge to the game that you guys want from the old days. PK'ers more spread hunting to kill players. The HUB isn't and shouldn't be the toughest part of the game.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:13:09 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 08:16:40 pm »
Avoid PvP? You know what, I really don't even know why I'm responding to you. I think you missed the whole point of fallout online. This game takes place in a deadly wasteland where you fight for your life everyday. It's not made to be like you want it. Seriously, go play another game.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 08:19:28 pm »
Then tell me what other game has what Fonline has to offer?
You should play another Fonline if you want to kill Newbs so much.
In Maintenance Mode.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:09 pm »
You're missing my point. I don't wanna kill noobs, I just don't want to play care bears online. You're the one that needs to leave. You're asking for something to be changed that would impact the entire aura of the game. People play this game for the feel of the fallout universe and the player interaction. Just go play fallout 1 or 2 if you want PvE

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:23 pm »
If you want to play 2238 then go play Fonline 2

It was clear from the get go that Reloaded is more PVE friendly. And if you hate newbie protection then leave. Reloaded is the one place that emphasized protection. There is no alternative for such easy PVE that I've heard of. I'd gladly leave if there was an Fonline Reloaded that was PVE only. But there isn't so I'm here.

The 10 zones of freedom for newbies is better than a safe ENTIRE MAP. Like it practically is now. Because of HUB camping. Leave the HUB and be safe stay and get vaporized. If the HUB is actually safe than the Wasteland will actually get tougher as all you PK'ers move on out to get your PVP on.

Newbies won't stay in the HUB forever, they'll want better gear. Shooting a Newbie at the HUB doesn't teach them how to avoid PVP. Especially now that a PK'er can walk into any newbie in an Encounter.

I think the protection zone will bring back challenge to the game that you guys want from the old days. PK'ers more spread hunting to kill players. The HUB isn't and shouldn't be the toughest part of the game.
Ha, 2238 is much closer to reloaded than fonline 2. Reloaded uses the same game engine and fonline 2 has a completely separately made one even. So maybe you should go to fonline 2? Reloaded never claimed to be more noob friendly the only person that says that is you. Also if you want an empty server to play on then there are some options. The goonserver hardly ever has people on it if it is still up and aop usually has its population in the 20s I think. So go there.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 10:11:59 pm »
I have to agree with Gimper on this one, lets not carebear noobs anymore than needed

( also, FO2 really kinda sucks, has a new atmosphere kinda, that whole world tech thing though is... bad)

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 10:26:49 pm »
I played 2238. I stuck it out as best I could. Didn't get much into PVP but I stayed to see how well I could do. I tried to get people into it. A one point I had about 12 or so people trying it out. They stayed around for a week or so and they were gone and I was alone. I kept trying to get them back.

They didn't like the endless grind. They didn't like that every location was camped with people with the best weapons, gear and an army of mercs to go with it. Trying to get the best gear means you need the best resources which means campers stay there and kill people.

Sure it sounds fun if you and your friends got into the game when it was new. Got all the resources and weapons, enough to take the mines and hold them. But any newbie would get crushed trying to get resources. There was always some asshole around that would let newbies mine until they couldn't carry anymore, only to kill them. The only time I could get resources was in the early morning hours when the Europeans were still sleeping.

I am not happy with removing stealing and killing from the hub, but to remove all the changes that Reloaded has brought is just a bad idea.

If newbies want to stay at the Hub area forever then let them. What does it matter to you? When they do leave kill them.

The only area you shouldn't get killed or stolen from are the barter grounds area.